Luke Beveridge - Our Mastermind

Remove this Banner Ad

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How ballsy is a coach to play rope-a-dope for 22 rounds, deliberately play spuds and mates for 6 months and then when it counts eventually bring in Roarke Smith in who gets the job done as per usual - brilliant Bevo! Let’s win the flag now and lets stop being funky and weird.

Playing Lewis Young in every role but the one he's good at was also a masterstroke.

If we do win the flag from here, it'll be proof positive for some in here that Bevo is no good
Obviously if we win the flag I’ll accept it 😂 but a semi/prelim from here would show how *ing much we underperformed this year to jusssst scrape in and then turn things around.

I hope we do but geez would have to ask some questions - will be interesting to see if we stick to our guns with the s**t tactics or change things up

Playing Lewis Young in every role but the one he's good at was also a masterstroke.
Young made some serious errors yesterday and against Melbourne at crucial times of the game. Both times he did not cover space and cost Carlton goals. That is the reason he was let go.

I just watched the highlights of the 2016 EF.

Bevo needs to show them that as to how you win a final in Perth. Hard at it from the word go.
We need to dust off the white 2016 guernsey to make it complete.

Young played kpd in over 90% of games for us at AFL and vfl level. He was tried forward on a few occassions (played forward as a junior) and played a couple of games in the ruck when the cupboard was bare.

It's revisionism and simply wrong to say he didn't predominantly play as a tall defender when with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young played kpd in over 90% of games for us at AFL and vfl level. He was tried forward on a few occassions (played forward as a junior) and played a couple of games in the ruck when the cupboard was bare.

It's revisionism and simply wrong to say he didn't predominantly play as a tall defender when with us.
It doesn’t suit their narrative.

Young made some serious errors yesterday and against Melbourne at crucial times of the game. Both times he did not cover space and cost Carlton goals. That is the reason he was let go.
How do you know that? The week before he was their best player. I think their loss was a team effort, no need to single out one young player who has been good for them all year.

Had a look, and only one side has made finals more often than we have during the Beveridge era, being Geelong.

West Coast, Sydney and Richmond have also made it 6 times.

It doesn’t tell the whole story, and obviously we’ve had a few unsatisfying elim finals losses, but it puts it in perspective. We have been consistently competitive under Bevo, and occasionally brilliant.

He also leads the league in 1%ers and 10th in intercept posessions
You don't win big games when such mistakes are done. I like Young, he showed lots of promise but imo he is not the type of player at this stage that help you win big games. His mistakes were costly. This does not mean that he will not improve.

How do you know that? The week before he was their best player. I think their loss was a team effort, no need to single out one young player who has been good for them all year.
I know because I saw the errors. The winning goal by Melbourne was on Young for not punching the ball out of bounds or doing something to kill the game. That was luck of experience, or ineptitude. He is not the type of player we need in our backline. That is my opinion and can be wrong. Anyway, i am confident about beating Freo. Are you?
What should Bevo do to win the game?

I know because I saw the errors. The winning goal by Melbourne was on Young for not punching the ball out of bounds or doing something to kill the game. That was luck of experience, or ineptitude. He is not the type of player we need in our backline. That is my opinion and can be wrong. Anyway, i am confident about beating Freo. Are you?

Man the mark more when they start chipping it to force them long or to play on.

Hope Lobb foesn't boot 4 goals from 55m out

If only you held our players to the same levels of accountability you are Young. Because had it have been us I’m sure Cordy or Gardiner would’ve killed that ball. Lol

What game do you mean? They played Pies? I’m never confident about winning and pleasantly amazed when we do. Hope the guys are confident! I would pee off backing off on the mark and bring in Toby 16 and Keef

Surely Bevo ranks as our most successful coach on heaps of metrics? Hard to fathom how a handful on here have turned against him so much.
By most metrics he absolutely is.

Can understand some frustration regarding ruck, manning the mark etc at times but his record compared to most of his peers is good.

It’s absolutely feral in some circles on social media. Here is nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back