Luke McPharlin

Remove this Banner Ad

He may be INTERESTED in going on, but if the club decides that he's the best person to go, I doubt he'd be arguing with them about it.
Think he'd accept the decision and move on.
IF frawley comes THEN he is the best person to go, as much as it kills me to say it.
Don't want to see him finishing his career running around for Peel though.
Although if Frawley came and he stayed, a backline of
FB - Ibbotson Frawley Spurr/Duff (Whoever you want really)
HB - Johnson Mcpharlin Sutcliffe
Looks pretty strong!!

I have said it before, but i wouldnt mind seeing Macca being pushed forward for a while, it will be easier on his body, plus with his speed and strength he could take a few grabs laces out.

Makes for a good option when the backline is in total control or when the forward line isn't coping well..

He may be INTERESTED in going on, but if the club decides that he's the best person to go, I doubt he'd be arguing with them about it.
IF frawley comes THEN he is the best person to go, as much as it kills me to say it.
Looks pretty strong!!

I presume you are keeping Zac Dawson as backup Ruck and half time sprint expert.

Nice to have depth, think Dawson will have a place, but Silvangni would struggle to get a look in again..

Looks pretty strong!!

I'm not sure why it had to be a choice between Frawley or Mcpharlin.

Dawson is run totally ragged by us this season, we may need to manage him a little if we don't want him to breakdown. McPharlin obviously need to managed and won't be playing every game we had. Silvagni is injury prone this year, probably due to his aggressive style of play. We can expected him to be out for minor stuff here and there again.

Mcpharlin on some part time capacity will still be more than handy.

Looks pretty strong!!
You have no idea. No one will replace Dawson at FB. Johnson and Ibbotson play the same roles. Spurr is the only defender close to being capable of locking down an opponent, it is our weakness.
There is no room for McPharlin & Frawley unless 1 of Dawson or Johnson is injured.

You have no idea. No one will replace Dawson at FB. Johnson and Ibbotson play the same roles. Spurr is the only defender close to being capable of locking down an opponent, it is our weakness.
There is no room for McPharlin & Frawley unless 1 of Dawson or Johnson is injured.
Unless , of course, McPharlin plays forward.

that's why I said the club will tell him to go.
Johnson and Ibbotson play a similar role, but you may never have to many good intercept marks, obviously we'd likely be playing a loose if they were both in though.

I'm not sure why it had to be a choice between Frawley or Mcpharlin.

Dawson is run totally ragged by us this season, we may need to manage him a little if we don't want him to breakdown. McPharlin obviously need to managed and won't be playing every game we had. Silvagni is injury prone this year, probably due to his aggressive style of play. We can expected him to be out for minor stuff here and there again.

Mcpharlin on some part time capacity will still be more than handy.
Dawson has the body shape of a 400 gamer (Tuck, Fletcher) he will play for years without a break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a worry. The club needs to move on. If that means playing an inexperienced key defender who loses a few contests, so be it.

Agree that our new key backs need to get experience next year. I am very confident that A Pearce will play next year at some stage and would have played a couple last year if he had a injury free run.

I think this coming season will be a defining time for our Club with older players coming to the end of their careers and RTB looking to get games into developing players .
If the team goes backwards due to little or no improvement ,finals or not serious questions will be asked and maybe more than a few players will be delisted and the Club will go into a rebuild phase .
We will get a very good indication of how good a coach RTB is and we will see how good he is at developing young players .
I think we have some seriously good players on our current list but we have also got some equally big holes as well .
Those talking about Clarke being traded out need to think again . He has developed and improved maybe a bit slower than expected but we are not blessed with a quality player to take his spot in the team right at the moment .
The recruitment of Ryder would have seen him out of our best 22 .
If we get Frawley he might have been under pressure but Frawley's role in the team IMHO is to fill the gap that Luke Mcpharlin leaves us in .
The Club needs to make some hard decisions on the senior players future at the Club and look to play more of the kids .

The ACID test needs to be applied to these guys that have been on our list for 2 and 3 years and that have not got regular games .
De Boer ,Sheridan ,Morabito , Menegola ,Smith ,Clancee and Griffin need to show RTB and the match committee that they are ready to have a red hot go .
We will soon know where Morabito ,Griffin, Sylvia ,Clancee and Smith are at during the preseason if they are over their injuries .
Hannath is another player that will need to make a statement about his future as well .

With the sort of guy that Luke is he wouldn't be doing it if he didn't think he could contribute.
Provided he is fit he provides great smarts, athleticism and all that experience to our back half.
I expect they will manage him, possibly not fly him as much and aim for him to have a big September for the last hurrah of the big 3.

I thought he was cooked and wouldn't possibly go on, I wonder if we had signed Frawley would he still be playing ?

I'll enjoy seeing Luke again in 2015, he did have a pretty solid start to the year last year, I still have some mental scarring about Rhys Stanley tearing him a new one but I think we can forgive him given the service he has given us. It's such a shame he has missed 2 finals series for us due to injury, reckon we would have gone at least a week longer in 2012 & 2014 had we had Luke in the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back