Luke Sayers - PWC Scandal

Remove this Banner Ad

And escaping to Europe when the heat is o PwC and Carlton in a dynamic show of leadership
Abandon Ship GIF

I guess there is a distinction between should have been and was across it.

He isn't in the emails so he wasn't directly involved, the question is whether he fostered a culture that supported this kind of behavior.

10s of millions of fees aren't necessarily1 going to show up unless it's significantly above what the team would normally do in fees.
Yep.

But probably has a five minute conversation with Collins and tells him well done fella but don't include me in any corro but keep up the good work.

He would have known for sure.

How can Luke Sayers remain as President of Carlton in light of what has been alleged and revealed in this tax scandal at PWC and other businesses involved? Surely it’s untenable. Pressure must be mounting on him to step aside at this point?
You answered your own question in bold here.

Not going to lie, it's impossible for me to defend Sayers and his tenure as club chairman

The sooner he goes, the better, unfortunately for us, I don't want one of his fellow board members to take other either, we need fresh faces with a clean slate at board level at Carlton.

Seems a bit weird the mainstream media has not really been calling for Sayers head tbh

Not going to lie, it's impossible for me to defend Sayers and his tenure as club chairman

The sooner he goes, the better, unfortunately for us, I don't want one of his fellow board members to take other either, we need fresh faces with a clean slate at board level at Carlton.

Seems a bit weird the mainstream media has not really been calling for Sayers head tbh
He's a well connected, popular guy.

The exact type of person the AFL media tend to leave alone.

It was the Sayers ‘independent’ review that’s got your club here. He had a chance to do it the right way but decided to cherry pick what he thought was wrong with the club, and ignore other areas. Too arrogant to follow the right process and got his own way through a sham review.

As much as his predecessor was a yes man to the families, at least he set up the club well from an off field financial perspective.

Sayers’ era isn’t standing for much positive at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you do you realize PWC has hundreds of partners and the firm is thousands of employees yeah?

He was the CEO not sitting there checking what everyone is up to. The moment he is elevated into the csuite his focus is on the firm as a whole. Tax is one of the profit centers thats it.
Yes of course, however, that doesn’t exonerate him.

We had a Royal Commission more recently which cost a banking CEO and directors their jobs based upon practices by some people in branches etc. A lot more employees and moving parts in a ‘Big 4’ bank thank a ‘Big 4’ accounting firm.

If this guy is found to be as slimey as axle grease, then I want him the * away from our club and as quickly as possible !!
What's your definition of "found to be"?

It's already obvious he's an absolute disgrace.

So is his wife

Massive creeps

Even his own employees think he's a campaigner.

And he will try to claim they are all "disgruntled" but does anyone buy this s**t anymore?

Last edited:
If this guy is found to be as slimey as axle grease, then I want him the * away from our club and as quickly as possible !!

Long term Big 4 partner, it goes without saying he was slimy as axle grease tbh. Noone stays at that level without being a prick. nobody keeps selling work for that long without cutting a few corners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back