LVFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Whoever picked the best players for LVFL must have watched a different game to me because bugger me if Strachan wasn't smashed in the ruck and around the ground by Strange. Also Morison had his arse handed to him by Rose who kicked a couple of goals and set up another half dozen at least?

I see Reece Carmichael from Heathcote has put in a clearance to Newbridge today. Pretty handy pickup for the riverside oval boys you would think.

are YCW committee going to either stand down or admit they have made a massive mistake this year in keeping Phil Walsh as coach? At the start of the year the idea was crazy and you reap what you sow. Disappointing as the team last year to this year hasnt really changed and they were competitive last year. I think the committee should all resign as its a massive stuff up and they need to take their medicine from their decision. no doubt players will leave based on the lack of results this year and will have to start again. Where are all the recruits we heard about as well? Thompson didnt show up 3 or 4 weeks ago to play at all. This is the recruit that was regarded as a match winner start of the year and he isnt playing and has he been sacked? All looks pretty ordinary for the club based on some major stuff ups.

are YCW committee going to either stand down or admit they have made a massive mistake this year in keeping Phil Walsh as coach? At the start of the year the idea was crazy and you reap what you sow. Disappointing as the team last year to this year hasnt really changed and they were competitive last year. I think the committee should all resign as its a massive stuff up and they need to take their medicine from their decision. no doubt players will leave based on the lack of results this year and will have to start again. Where are all the recruits we heard about as well? Thompson didnt show up 3 or 4 weeks ago to play at all. This is the recruit that was regarded as a match winner start of the year and he isnt playing and has he been sacked? All looks pretty ordinary for the club based on some major stuff ups.

I think you might find the current committee is in the same scenario as a lot of others where they are dealing with decisions by the previous outgoing committee. As was talked about on hear earlier in the year everyone is new from the president down at YC this year, so I think you may be pointing the finger at the wrong people. A few of the players Ive spoken to reckon the current committee is doinng really well.
Looks like the 5 is settled half way through the year, cant see it changing except positions in the top 4. Miti and YC's season's over early with massive injury lists & poor form. Marong lacking the depth but on the up with a first yerar coach doing well and Inglewood has impoved even though there not winning.
Would hate to hit Newbridge in the finals if they can keep there players and full list of onballers on the ground. Think its a very even top 5 with who can get there best team on the field come finals a real chance of winning no matter where they finish in the top 5. First time in years you cant pick a team who's a mile in front of everyone else.

YC

Could not agree any more with this comment. The previous Committee has made a massive error and as a result - the club is in the position that it is in. Current Committee have had to pick up the pieces and try and get the club moving again, which they are doing now. 2012 may be done and dusted however the future for the club is bright as the new Committee is doing a great job and the depth at the club is evident with the Juniors sitting at the top of the ladder with a percentage of over 600%. They just need to hang on to them and the club will be back amongst it next year.

Couldn't agree more about meeting newbridge in the finals.. With a full list they are definatley a contender... We plate them last week and there bigger body on ballers were too hard to match up on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back