LVFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a bit perplexed by the choice of venues for the upcoming Interleague match.

In a game where both leagues are highlighting their best players, surely this game should be played at one of the major venues in Bendigo.

Why couldn’t it have been played at the QEO on Sunday?

And as the only game in the district on that day, would attract heaps more spectators than it will at Backhaus Oval, and would be far more comfortable..

I am a bit perplexed by the choice of venues for the upcoming Interleague match.

In a game where both leagues are highlighting their best players, surely this game should be played at one of the major venues in Bendigo.

Why couldn’t it have been played at the QEO on Sunday?

And as the only game in the district on that day, would attract heaps more spectators than it will at Backhaus Oval, and would be far more comfortable..

Doesn't look like there will be much footy at the QEO this year so that may be a reason they have decided on the venue??

i suppose being the lvfl's choice, they have every right to play it on a ground used by loddon valley clubs. besides, having it on a bfl venue would mean forking out some coin to use the ground.

is there a team for the interleague yet? up against a league with thirteen odd teams compared to eight, means more options for them as far as more quality is concerned.

i suppose being the lvfl's choice, they have every right to play it on a ground used by loddon valley clubs. besides, having it on a bfl venue would mean forking out some coin to use the ground.

is there a team for the interleague yet? up against a league with thirteen odd teams compared to eight, means more options for them as far as more quality is concerned.

I understand that they have the right to play it on a LVFL ground, but is there one that you get a few more cars around the oval?

The extra people through the gate at a BFL venue would more than cover any outlay for ground hire.

I understand that they have the right to play it on a LVFL ground, but is there one that you get a few more cars around the oval?

The extra people through the gate at a BFL venue would more than cover any outlay for ground hire.

dont worry bout the cars mate, you can fit plenty people in the ground, cars can park anywhere outside the gate, gf there last year, fitted plently people, will be interesting to see the side

Now, arguments can be made both for and against the recent happenings out at Inglewood, I do not claim to know everything that has occured but I do know a bit and because of the friendships etc that I made at the club I have decided up until now to remain quiet.

I will not mention names and will hopefully not make it obvious who I am talking about but one player that I knowhas not being getting his match payments. It has accrued to a figure of around $2k and he has continually been told until recently that it was on its way. He has now been told that he will not be getting what he is owed and been offered a small portion instead. This bloke could have been getting the same money elsewhere easily, it was never a huge amount but decided he would do the decent thing by the club and stick it out with them, even when it looks as though they won't win a game this season.

I will continue to support Inglewood, they're my old club, I've made some great friendships from the 2 years I spent there but to hear about this has infuriated me and I just don't think it is right. If you're not going to honour a blokes match payments then you need to be up front and honest and not lead a bloke on... End. Of. Rant.

Now, arguments can be made both for and against the recent happenings out at Inglewood, I do not claim to know everything that has occured but I do know a bit and because of the friendships etc that I made at the club I have decided up until now to remain quiet.

I will not mention names and will hopefully not make it obvious who I am talking about but one player that I knowhas not being getting his match payments. It has accrued to a figure of around $2k and he has continually been told until recently that it was on its way. He has now been told that he will not be getting what he is owed and been offered a small portion instead. This bloke could have been getting the same money elsewhere easily, it was never a huge amount but decided he would do the decent thing by the club and stick it out with them, even when it looks as though they won't win a game this season.

I will continue to support Inglewood, they're my old club, I've made some great friendships from the 2 years I spent there but to hear about this has infuriated me and I just don't think it is right. If you're not going to honour a blokes match payments then you need to be up front and honest and not lead a bloke on... End. Of. Rant.

fair point Clew... only problem I have with the above is that I would seriously doubt any player at Inglewood would be worth money elsewhere. G Abbott loved forking out cash for spuds. He now works at McCains in Ballarat, yes?

Its a bloody tough one Norfolk but what does a club do if the money just isn't there.

Its a bloody tough one Norfolk but what does a club do if the money just isn't there.

pretty easy i would think:

a) Don't sign players you can't pay for
b) Don't offer more money to players to get them to stay when coach and president leave club
c) don't bu!!shit player and tell him cash is coming when it's not

Been rumblings around that this has been coming for a while, i guess the poor blokes that have tried to do the right are going to end up getting burnt

fair point Clew... only problem I have with the above is that I would seriously doubt any player at Inglewood would be worth money elsewhere. G Abbott loved forking out cash for spuds. He now works at McCains in Ballarat, yes?

Well I was one of them mate so I'd have to agree on that comment :D although not much kesh thrown for me! Seriously though, Inglewood don't throw around that much cash compared to other clubs. However the bloke I am referring too is actually a good player and worth the money.

Heard rumours (I'll stress that these are just what i've heard and not fact.) that they do have a bit of money lying around and if they don't, how hard is it to go up to a bloke and say "look we're really struggling financially and we're either gonna be really delayed in paying you or are you willing to cut your match payments?". If he is not happy then they can both part ways but at least you're not leading people on.

pretty easy i would think:

a) Don't sign players you can't pay for
b) Don't offer more money to players to get them to stay when coach and president leave club
c) don't bu!!shit player and tell him cash is coming when it's not

Been rumblings around that this has been coming for a while, i guess the poor blokes that have tried to do the right are going to end up getting burnt

Exactly, blokes try and do the right thing and it costs them! Everyone can argue how much certain players are worth but when you get told an amount and you budget around that then it hurts when you're not getting it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Dark days ahead

Had a look at inglewood sat will not win a game. Half the side are just 2s players.New president doing snr goal umpireing old commitee man running water 1 trainer for all grades and senior runner is a 2s player who had never played football before also a LVFL offical noticed the language and abuse comeing from the bench during the 2s game onward and upward under the new regime may have turned back the clock 10 years.

hahaha thats sad ..... some things never change tho .. will they be around next year ? cant just keep going like they have for the last 10 years ( they did have a few good years when axe was coach )

Re: Dark days ahead

hahaha thats sad ..... some things never change tho .. will they be around next year ? cant just keep going like they have for the last 10 years ( they did have a few good years when axe was coach )

I do hope they'll be around next year and for many years to come, they're the biggest township out of the league aren't they? There needs to be a way forward!

Im not having a go at inglewood cause i know there is lots of decent people there who work hard for the club and the league needs them up and going but the truth is they probably let in a few people who didnt have the club at heart over the years,the ones who abuse umpires,punch on in the twos and wanted to get what they can out of the club,not putting into it,it doesnt take too long or too many incidents to give a club a bad name and when that happens good people drift away or take their kids elsewhere.

Im not having a go at inglewood cause i know there is lots of decent people there who work hard for the club and the league needs them up and going but the truth is they probably let in a few people who didnt have the club at heart over the years,the ones who abuse umpires,punch on in the twos and wanted to get what they can out of the club,not putting into it,it doesnt take too long or too many incidents to give a club a bad name and when that happens good people drift away or take their kids elsewhere.

heard last night that all is not well at interleague level.low numbers at training and not happy with coaches input.they would need to ge a move on.

Good win by the Loddon Valley today. Final score (40 points) not reflective of the game, with the LVFL kicking 8 goals in the last 7 minutes. Luke Mitchell got the medal but in my opinion Scholtes and Crichton were our best, with Baker and McMurtrie very good as well.

good effort, eh clew, by the lvfl boys. close all day then they charged away in the last few minutes judging by the reports on the net.

Quick off the mark Razor, making a comment on comments on the net. Well done. Seriously this thread is dying a slow death. Go Bridgy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back