LVFNL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Roota u sure r a dill!

If u had a mate & he was the coach & u felt he was harshly evicted , I'm sure you would leave out of respect for your mate.

Anyone that has played HDFL reserves should never comment on football related matters ever.

Claude's opinion is more valued than yours!

I have been waiting for you to bob up with an insightful and witty post and you have not disappointed....keep up the good work ablett

Timeframes never worried me, it was used as an excuse by you and roota.

Instead of having a club host twice why not give to a club that isn't hosting one this year?

Never used an 'excuse' Frank. Anyway, clubs have received confirmation today that the loser of Pyramid/Marong will host the GF. Ground inspection at Serp is tomorrow and the game will be shifted to Calivil if required. Serp will still 'host' this game.

Never used an 'excuse' Frank. Anyway, clubs have received confirmation today that the loser of Pyramid/Marong will host the GF. Ground inspection at Serp is tomorrow and the game will be shifted to Calivil if required. Serp will still 'host' this game.

Right decision to move the game if the ground isn't up tp scratch. Shame it didn't happen a couple of years ago when they played a preliminary final on MARONGS crap heap.

Your opinion is obviously valued about as much Dylan 'Selfies' Burt in the Newbridge seniors and by the sounds of it you have about as many mates as the big Axel 'Six Pack' Collins. It's just a pitty you've got nearly as much talent as the shoelace on his left boot. Stick to playing putrid footy ROOTA because your comments on here make Terry O'Shae sound like Albert Einstein giving a speech on his theory of relativity.

Why is there a Hippo on my roof?

Ordinary form there hippo (yes I know who you are). Why bring Dylan and club legend Tezza into your rants? Tezza is a 'no-go' zone and you know it. Let it go, for christs sake, and move on, we have. Ordinary!!!!

Ok Hippo, I have no problem with you knowing who I am, although I think you are off the mark with the 'big' reference.

Glad you acknowledge you were off the mark re Tezza, he has over 30 years service to the club and never said a bad word about anyone. For you to imply he is a fool was bad form, and an apology would be a minimum.

You are entitled to your opinion about how the club handled it, just as the club committee (with cumulatively well over 100 years of management experience in running successful businesses) were entitled to make the decision they made for the good of the club. Committees are there to make decisions for the whole club, not just one part of it. You talk about a lack of honesty from the committee? Yep they probably held some stuff back, but that is to protect people. I know you won't believe that, so once again we will agree to disagree.

I think everyone is getting bored of these public conversations about Newbridge.

You talk about no backlash and then go on to hit back at those offering opinions.

I am under no illusions that a few others will leave at the end of the year (I doubt a 'hell of a lot"), and that is their choice. The club will recover. The few extras who choose to leave are the ones who are not over it, but those of us who are staying are over it, believe me.

NOW, has anyone got any finals footy stuff to talk about - I am over this conversation well and truly.

NOW, has anyone got any finals footy stuff to talk about - I am over this conversation well and truly.

Would be fantastic to hear from Finals talk rather than a detailed analysis of every game Roota has ever played or what's going on at Newbridge, or how Marong will host every Grand Final for the next 5 years as part of the Grand Final Rotational Policy.

Heard the news that everyone else has probably heard that the Serp ground is struggling a bit. Surely with another wet week it won't come up for Sunday.

Some cracking games again this Week

Serp vs Bridgy on Saturday and then Pyramid vs the Panthers on Sunday.

Would be fantastic to hear from Finals talk rather than a detailed analysis of every game Roota has ever played or what's going on at Newbridge, or how Marong will host every Grand Final for the next 5 years as part of the Grand Final Rotational Policy.

Heard the news that everyone else has probably heard that the Serp ground is struggling a bit. Surely with another wet week it won't come up for Sunday.

Some cracking games again this Week

Serp vs Bridgy on Saturday and then Pyramid vs the Panthers on Sunday.

Serp v Bridgey is a cracker of a game. The champs versus the most impressive side of the season. Would great if the weather would allow this to be the spectacle it deserves to be

Bridgewater to win by 3-4 goals for me. Bridgewater's forwards to do the job against an average serp backline. Midfield battle the key obviously, but if you can stay square in the midfield you can kick a score against Serp i reckon and Bridgey's back line is the key to their whole set up still.

Sunday, well all dependent on where it is played. Would think that Marong would be happy to go to Serp to play in the mud (Gregg, Franklin, will help Thomson ruck all day) compared to heading to Calivil where i would imagine it is a fair bit grassier. Again comes back to if Marong have match ups for Grayling, Kennedy (assume Ferrier and Tibbet?)and someone to run with Gav James.

If it stays at Serp i think Marong win by 5-6 goals, if it goes to Calivil i think it's toss of a coin.

For me I think pyramid will be far too strong and slick for marong.. Too much firepower up forward to contain.. If marong are to get up it'll be because pyramid lose the game

Bridgewater to win by 3-4 goals for me. Bridgewater's forwards to do the job against an average serp backline. Midfield battle the key obviously, but if you can stay square in the midfield you can kick a score against Serp i reckon and Bridgey's back line is the key to their whole set up still.

Sunday, well all dependent on where it is played. Would think that Marong would be happy to go to Serp to play in the mud (Gregg, Franklin, will help Thomson ruck all day) compared to heading to Calivil where i would imagine it is a fair bit grassier. Again comes back to if Marong have match ups for Grayling, Kennedy (assume Ferrier and Tibbet?)and someone to run with Gav James.

If it stays at Serp i think Marong win by 5-6 goals, if it goes to Calivil i think it's toss of a coin.

Surely it would be just about no chance of it being at Serp at this stage. I can remember there basically used to be a dam the town side wing when it was the middle of the drought let alone what it would be like at the moment.

I think the Bears will get the job done on Saturday by about 2 /3 goals.

Surely it would be just about no chance of it being at Serp at this stage. I can remember there basically used to be a dam the town side wing when it was the middle of the drought let alone what it would be like at the moment.

I think the Bears will get the job done on Saturday by about 2 /3 goals.

Sorry but call me old fashined but has everybody gone soft and forgot that its a winter sport and getting muddy and wet is all about the game I mean come on... Cup of concrete comes to mind, just one last thing CV just remember 11 years ago when Huntly sacked its coach the next 10 years was the spoon gonna be a hard slog I just hope in a couple of years you don't fold.. Would be a shame for one stupid decision that was made...

Done and dusted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry but call me old fashined but has everybody gone soft and forgot that its a winter sport and getting muddy and wet is all about the game I mean come on... Cup of concrete comes to mind, just one last thing CV just remember 11 years ago when Huntly sacked its coach the next 10 years was the spoon gonna be a hard slog I just hope in a couple of years you don't fold.. Would be a shame for one stupid decision that was made...

Done and dusted

Dont disagree Chad but for a spectacle sake, I hope it gets moved. Don't really fancy watching a muddy slog, the ground is very ordinary. Your point is valid though.

As for the rest of your comment, I'm pretty confident about our future.

Wondered out to watch some country footy and didn't disappoint. A fairly open free flowing game. Shaky start for Serp but settled down to look the dominant side. Bridgewater looked down and had some poor discipline in the last quarter. It looked like it could be a blow-out but Bridgey changed some of their structure and worked a treat.
Serp totally disappeared in the last 10 minutes to give up a 5 goal lead! They nullified Orr's dominance in the guts. Serp got a few clearances in the last10 minutes but would have only achieved 2 or 3 inside 50's. The Serp back line was swamped and lost with Bridgey constantly finding free men in the forward 50.
It looked like a proven finals team showing how it's done with Serp failing to continue with the play that got them to a dominant position. Having to play next week will probably aid in SERPS chances of winning a flag as they now know what a good team does and how important 4 quarters is.
Another thing going in Serp's favor is the report of Bridgewater's big ruckman number 26. What a brain fade. Smacked the guy in the head with the umpire right behind him. Now people usually crap on that there was nothing in that but I was right there. If he gets off that then an umpire shouldn't even bother carrying a pen with him. I don't think the tribunal will care that he reckons the bloke he hit had hurt a Bridgey player. From what I saw, the Bridgey bloke that was hurt was in an fall between the 2 players but there was possibly more in that but didn't see it. Everyone saw the telegraphed whopping number 26 was doing though. Anyhow we'll let him sweat that out.

Difference today was he coaches. Grayling stood tall and led from the front while the little runt whinged and whined all day to he umpires to try and get a kick. iNTERLEAGUE COACH. What a joke.

Whats you problem with Corey/Marong?... The runt as u say who won the league medal last year... Who coached the interleague team after the premiership coach from last said he wouldnt do it..who was best on for our interleague team...who will go close to winning the league medal again...was not the difference today. Yes Paul Grayling played a super game. He is one of the better I have played against but to say that the coches were the difference today is crap. Our coach was let down by some of his troops....and we all know who one of them was

Ur a ********.... The runt as u say who won the league medal last year... Who coached the interleague team after the premiership coach from last said he wouldnt do it..who was best on for our interleague team...who will go close to winning the league medal again...was not the difference today. Yes Paul Grayling played a super game. He is one of the better I have played against but to say that the coches were the difference today is crap. Our coach was let down by some of his troops....and we all know who one of them was

what he has individually won and done for the last 12 months doesnt really matter in the end. Gregg did carry on too much from a neutral observer who wasnt backing either team.In finals its always about making statements and as a leader getting your team to follow either through words or actions.
8 goals from Grayling almost beats you by himself. Graylings actions got his team on board and Gregg's did not. Winner/Loser.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back