Macaffer and Krakouer to Resume Full Contact Training in 3 Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Number 10

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/139891/default.aspx
I also saw my surgeon Julian Feller. Myself and Andrew Krakouer went and saw him to touch base. We do that every four to five weeks. He gave us a big tick and said he’s really happy with how we’re progressing. He said that we’re spot on and on track for full contact training in three weeks.
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/139891/default.aspx

Great news and great article.

Yeahhh! 3 weeks of training then maybe 2-3 in the VFL. They could both be available for selection this season. How good would that be.

Hmmm. I've been on this for a few months now...had always marked end of July for both Kraks & Caff.

How good would that be...plus BJ..hmmm things starting to fall for us at last :) :thumbsu:

Hmmm. I've been on this for a few months now...had always marked end of July for both Kraks & Caff.

How good would that be...plus BJ..hmmm things starting to fall for us at last :) :thumbsu:

It would be really good to get Caff back. That third forward who can play tall or small. With Dawsy rucking more, Goldy Caff and Cloke would be hard to match up on and could prove very very useful later in year....Great news:thumbsu:

It would be really good to get Caff back. That third forward who can play tall or small. With Dawsy rucking more, Goldy Caff and Cloke would be hard to match up on and could prove very very useful later in year....Great news:thumbsu:

It is great news. Re Caff. You have to look back at 2010 finals and realize how impt he was back then.

Also we have missed the skills of Andrew Krakouer around the goals....thou a touch slow...he has that ability to snap 2-3 goals from no-where which can be the difference between winning and losing.

All up just awesome news :D

Will be a mammoth effort to get into the side this year (Krak is more likely than Caff), but if things do go pear shaped, we know that there are two, finals proven senior players capable of coming in and holding their own.

Man, this is crazy, but I had knee surgery with Julian Feller years ago! I must have been in good hands!

Nice to see the Caffinator making a return. Not overly stoked about Krak as I was never the biggest fan of his.

Running laps is fine you can do that several months post ACL repair.

Most orthos reckon the repair is at its weakest at the six month mark where the stitches are dissolving yet the ligament repair hasn't got up to full strength.

The Canberra ortho guys used to say when the quads and hammies had recovered their bulk to within a centimetre of the good leg that there was enough muscle tone to say things were good to go even if it was only 6-8 months post repair.

I'm sure with the intensity of the physio and rehab both Krak and Caff could be good to go.

I reckon Mathan Brown was going to be given the green light last year before he fractured his patella

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Running laps is fine you can do that several months post ACL repair.

Most orthos reckon the repair is at its weakest at the six month mark where the stitches are dissolving yet the ligament repair hasn't got up to full strength.

The Canberra ortho guys used to say when the quads and hammies had recovered their bulk to within a centimetre of the good leg that there was enough muscle tone to say things were good to go even if it was only 6-8 months post repair.

I'm sure with the intensity of the physio and rehab both Krak and Caff could be good to go.

I reckon Mathan Brown was going to be given the green light last year before he fractured his patella

Is Mathan the third Brown brother?

getting Krak a month of vfl before September would be invaluable and playing him deep in the forward line and let him work his magic.Only if he finds form early in the VFL,dont rush him back to the seniors for the sake of it

Not so sure with caff and his role.Give him the full summer

That's great news, although dont expect them to play senior football this year. The chance of that happening is very low. Still, they would absolutely love a hitout in the VFL before the season is over, before hitting the track for a full pre season.

Good luck lads.

It's just good to know that we could have two more players off the injury list. We need depth to win the flag and who knows we could get more injuries and it would be great to replace them with two decent footballers rather then play Young or Ugle in the finals.

What I like about these player,s and our other long term injured players is that they are all busting their hump,s to get back out there and play again.This is another good reason to play for us the support and assistance the players get and also nice mid season breaks up in warmer climes.

Great news that the boy,s are working hard to try and get back as soon asap with the support and encouragement from their team mates this what you do in team sports.:thumbsu:

Wow that would be massive if we get these two back providing pressure for positions moving towards September. I'm not sure we could afford to bring both into the side from a match fitness perspective. I tell you though I think you would risk bringing in Krakouer for the simple fact he is a match winner and the sort of player that has that something special that can seperate close teams in a final. He would be immortalised if we had won the 2011 Grand Final, he was an absolute star in that game.

Great news they are progressing well but I don't really see either coming back into the team, they would struggle to get their fitness base up in time. Especially to play fwd to do the fwd pressure of tackles and repeat efforts required.

Krak is more likely to get a spot with his magic around goals, Caff is a fwd pressure player, Elliott just got 15 tackles yesterday so Caff with a lack of fitness and games is a long way off getting a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back