News Maddy Prespakis and Georgia Gee request trade to Essendon & other possible player movements

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting article & worth a read ...

Read that and I can’t help but feel that the article misses the point of anger. The players should feel free to move but at least give clubs an even playing field.

As I understand it if we matched dollar for dollar the offer for our players and they stayed then we are penalised draft picks.

Even worse the full set of rules has not even been published so list management can’t even know the impact of their decisions.

It is like the afl has assumed that people will keep following AFLW and nothing they do will ruin that.

They should look at the A-League at how mismanagement can ruin all the good will a league has built up. In 2008-2010 HAL looked like a growing and well supported league. Since then it has diminished despite the standard of play getting better.

Take note AFL

Kez, Mimi, Lucy McEvoy all set to stay 🙌🏻

What do 2 are leaving and 3 set to resign? Gee that’s not great
Interesting article & worth a read ...

silencing people general thoughts ?
Nah
It’s called life
Opinions are fine
Don’t directly go the individual
But I still stand by my
Hope you girls lose next year comment.

Only 3 grand final appearances have been made by VIC sides and we have one of them. Our players have been continually poached for more money than we can reasonably offer. Program is doing fine.
All of this despite lack of support from Board level.

Also our GF was luck due to conferences. We were probably about the 4th or 5th ranked team nationally.

As I understand it if we matched dollar for dollar the offer for our players and they stayed then we are penalised draft picks.
Not even close.

If a player stays: of course you don't get any compensation.

If a player leaves: the higher their perceived value, the greater likelihood of getting compensation.

Not even close.

If a player stays: of course you don't get any compensation.

If a player leaves: the higher their perceived value, the greater likelihood of getting compensation.

For the life of me I can’t find it now, but I read somewhere that if the incumbent clubs don’t lose X many “points” allocated by the afl for their players lost to expansion teams then they are penalised by that many points in the draft.

So if that is the case Carlton match those two players and they stay, then we lose draft position. But like is said I can now not find that report so it might be in my mind…

Grace Egan also mentioned -

yeah okay so being a druggie supporter she had to "put herself first"
strange Prespakis didn't mention the money factor at all

would have been more genuine if she said more money was a contributor, rather than say a whole lot of media spin

Egan the same boat, sounds like she's leaving for more money

Would appear so. Article is paywalled, but apparently St Kilda and Richmond (ironically) the frontrunners. Being existing clubs it would have to be a trade, so at least we’d get something in return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FQx6MXIVsAAGTyO

It's pretty rough for carlton fans. I try to watch most games and I feel this is a massive set back.
Its especially tough for the young fans especially the young girls who are their target market.

They latch on to a favourite player or two more so than the club and if they keep leaving a club it makes it pretty hard for them to keep interested.

Keep in mind that Grace is still close to Tayla (as is Maddy P).

Would think this is very much part of the fallout from that situation. But hopefully the last.
There seems to be a few cliques within the womens team

Maddy P, GG and Grace then there is Abbie Mckay, Mimi Hill, Charlotte Wilson, Brooke Walker and a few others.

Keep in mind that Grace is still close to Tayla (as is Maddy P).

Would think this is very much part of the fallout from that situation. But hopefully the last.
Get rid of anyone who doesn’t want to be there
Breads bad blood and isn’t worth the talent and the more the malleable the mind is
The easier it is to control
Get the bad blood out quick AF

At least they have to trade for Egan.

Make them pay, they overlooked her in their initial list build, she has big upside and the fact that Jess Hosking requested a trade to the tigers with an hour to go in the trade period last time meant we got basically shitall for her departure given there was no option to swap picks with other clubs or really negotiate a proper trade.

So lets get a good pick in return to make up for all of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back