Bumped Malthouse...Foxtel interview and more (latest post #1509)

Remove this Banner Ad

Some golden quotes from the post-match presser:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-22/malthouse-at-a-loss

On GWS:
"I'm not saying for one moment Greater Western Sydney aren't a better combination, but they've still got a lot of youth."

And the classic MM line gets trotted out: "...they've got the ingredients of a very good football side."

And then later an upgrade to this: "...they're going to be a very, very powerful side..." Good no longer enough, now it's POWERFUL :drunk:

On someone taking charge:
"Unfortunately when we needed things to take place on the ground, they weren't taking place, and that gets down to people taking charge.

"The players need to take charge and be responsible for set-ups..."

"We had no one there that stood up and took control."

Taking charge/control, being responsible for set-ups - would have thought that was also one of the coach's main responsibilities :oops:

An article from two days ago:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-18-months-says-malthouse-20140620-zsg3j.html

Blues playing best football in 18 months, says Malthouse
Carlton coach Mick Malthouse has declared his team is playing its best football in his 18 months in charge, and has revealed the list won't be pruned as heavily as last year when this season's review begins.

"There is no doubt, I think we are playing as good a football as we have played in the 18 months," Malthouse said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...s-malthouse-20140620-zsg3j.html#ixzz35LfFbVT8

Thanks to lenny20 from the rd 14 Non-Pies games thread. I thought this certainly belonged here.

I heard that gem too - think I scared the neighbours when I did. Gold.

"If a coach needs to inspire his players to play, you're in the wrong market " Mick Malthouse.

But, but... That's what the Buckleys haters said his problem was. That he can't/couldn't motivate his players and Malthouse did it so well. I guess not, straight from the horses mouth.

Mick needs some serious assessment by some really nice people. A coach's job isn't to inspire his players?? What exactly does he think he's supposed to be doing? Nutter.

10455224_10204108526856131_5085943973376029904_n.jpg

“My advice to all players (is), ‘Go when there’s a little bit left, don’t try to drag it right out’, because I’ve seen too many great players, unfortunately, walk the boundary at the end of their careers and people only remember them the way they played their last year.
“Every year you have players who retire and in your own mind you look at them and think ... ‘One year too long’.”

I guess he doesn't apply that to coaches.:confused:

LOL Mick's trying his classic mind games routine on Sydney for this week's game:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-team-ever-mick-malthouse-20140710-zt2jz.html

Looks like Mick's forgotten that mind games don't work when YOUR TEAM IS s**t!

yes... the master weaves his web. I've heard that half the sydney team quit training halfway through and decided to go down the pub for a drink, because they realised they were a certainty for the premiership after Malthouse's comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mick's ego is more important than anything else in his shrinking little world and I'm loving its effect on both the non-entity that is the carlton football club on field and the inevitable effect on memberships. He's a self-obsessed whinging little bitch.

Also him having a crack at Ling for no reason.

Should've retired a long time ago, getting a bit cookoo I reckon.
Ling works for Seven so he was obviously responsible for Mick's behaviour in the box being shown on the scoreboard screen. Sam Lane works for Seven too so she must have had a hand in it!
Seriously, what sort of nutter makes associations like that and acts like an arrogant tool in response? Worse still, all in public view and in front of his own football team in the rooms at half time! Shows what his priority is and it's not the carlton football club.

Mick's finally laid bare to the football world that he is indeed still being paid by Ed.

In: C Wood.

His last effort at tanking reaped great rewards with Thomas & Pendles. Does anyone know Pendles contract situation !!!!!!!!!!!

Mick's finally laid bare to the football world that he is indeed still being paid by Ed.

In: C Wood.

His last effort at tanking reaped great rewards with Thomas & Pendles. Does anyone know Pendles contract situation !!!!!!!!!!!
Surely there's some love from collingwood to mick for destroying Carlton? Mick can't openly declare his mission but I think this has been a beautiful move by Eddie and collingwood to troll their enemy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back