Bumped Malthouse...Foxtel interview and more (latest post #1509)

Remove this Banner Ad

That just showed that he'll always be on his high horse even if carlton buck him off.

pa4abebe.jpg

Respect where it's its due I think old Malts handled himself alright on FC last night. With fathead trying to bait him and Caro interrupting him midway through answering one of Loyd's q's he did manage to keep his cool much more so than he has during his pressers.
I don't think he was honest with himself when taking the Carlton job. That list is a mess and Murphy shouldn't have been appointed captain. He spoke of how clubs fortunes can change dramatically in a short timeframe but I really can't see anything other than a list clean out/rebuild at Carlton putting them in contention. Who knows how long that would take.
I have to add that Caro bringing his health into question was a bit of a low blow. He's been volatile in the coaches box for as long as I can remember and these blow ups of his are nothing new.
He has IMO though bitten off more than he can chew this time. Carlton are a shambles and the only upside to his job this year will likely be welcoming picks 1+2 into the club at years end.

Respect where it's its due I think old Malts handled himself alright on FC last night. With fathead trying to bait him and Caro interrupting him midway through answering one of Loyd's q's he did manage to keep his cool much more so than he has during his pressers.
I don't think he was honest with himself when taking the Carlton job. That list is a mess and Murphy shouldn't have been appointed captain. He spoke of how clubs fortunes can change dramatically in a short timeframe but I really can't see anything other than a list clean out/rebuild at Carlton putting them in contention. Who knows how long that would take.
I have to add that Caro bringing his health into question was a bit of a low blow. He's been volatile in the coaches box for as long as I can remember and these blow ups of his are nothing new.
He has IMO though bitten off more than he can chew this time. Carlton are a shambles and the only upside to his job this year will likely be welcoming picks 1+2 into the club at years end.
"Volitile" is scarcely the word sf :rolleyes:

Arrogant?? Yes
Dismissive?? Yes

Always has been a pr1ck and always will be.

I call bullshit. Mick struggled last night. Squirming, all over the shop & defensive.
Didn't want to talk about the past, Nek minnut...
Talked about acquiring 5 first round picks in the off season- I hope you realise he was including Cameron Wood.
The way he was seething to mention anything to do with Collingwood, after all we have done for him.
Danced around a lot of s**t- didn't answer a lot of stuff. Never answers a question directly (e.g. State of the list, did he approach the board, etc...)
Also, he pretended to not know what they were talking about when he was asked of he was coaching for the right reasons. Blatantly lying.

I'm not sure what interview you were watching. Kudos to Gary & Caro for going hard too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure it's on the Carlton board somewhere. Possibly the Carlton in the Media thread. The Wookie usually posts everything up. Obviously refrain from liking.

I call bullshit. Mick struggled last night. Squirming, all over the shop & defensive.
Didn't want to talk about the past, Nek minnut...
Talked about acquiring 5 first round picks in the off season- I hope you realise he was including Cameron Wood.
The way he was seething to mention anything to do with Collingwood, after all we have done for him.
Danced around a lot of s**t- didn't answer a lot of stuff. Never answers a question directly (e.g. State of the list, did he approach the board, etc...)
Also, he pretended to not know what they were talking about when he was asked of he was coaching for the right reasons. Blatantly lying.

I'm not sure what interview you were watching. Kudos to Gary & Caro for going hard too

I will say I was quite perplexed at first when he mentioned those 5 first rounders. Once I got where he was coming from I too found it a little comical.
As for him squirming in his seat, I'd be squirming too if I were forced to sit in such close proximity to Caro :drunk:

Didn't take long for Mick to learn the Carltank mantra; that success is measured in first-rounders.

Didn't take long for Mick to learn the Carltank mantra; that success is measured in first-rounders.

The Carlton first rounders: Judd, Walker, Kreuzer, Murphy, Gibbs, McLean, Yarran, Daisy, Docherty, Wood, Lucas, Menzel, Watson, Cripps, Henderson, Bell and Everitt.

Was there ever a shitter team that has enjoyed 17 first round picks? It's a classic that their best players - Simpson, Curnow, Tuohy, Carazzo and Ellard and are all later picks.

The Carlton first rounders: Judd, Walker, Kreuzer, Murphy, Gibbs, McLean, Yarran, Daisy, Docherty, Wood, Lucas, Menzel, Watson, Cripps, Henderson, Bell and Everitt.

Was there ever a shitter team that has enjoyed 17 first round picks? It's a classic that their best players - Simpson, Curnow, Tuohy, Carazzo and Ellard and are all later picks.
Bootsma, while pick 22 in 2011, was actually a 1st round pick that year. ****ing meh!

"hummmmmmmm ummmrum felll fret...nnnerrmnerm heh grent lardin rovel froncon lob!
And don't forget delin gargel 7 yeers, type gunna none confudunce lo an yung an grundel opi tawk goin yung.
eezza old aw yung too much off it an quyet, almost qwyeter than moths..."

"hummmmmmmm ummmrum felll fret...nnnerrmnerm heh grent lardin rovel froncon lob!
And don't forget delin gargel 7 yeers, type gunna none confudunce lo an yung an grundel opi tawk goin yung.
eezza old aw yung too much off it an quyet, almost qwyeter than moths..."

Just watched MM on Footy Classified, and then I peeped in here and saw this. Perfection! You've made my hag's heart cackle. Moths! :hearts: All these new emoticons... Chief must be raking it in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back