Bumped Malthouse...Foxtel interview and more (latest post #1509)

Remove this Banner Ad

What disgusts me the most? Carlton treated him like garbage but he seems to show no animosity towards them. We treated him by FAR the best, even gave him an extremely cushy and lucrative retirement plan and yet he STILL hates us.

Infuriating.

What disgusts me the most? Carlton treated him like garbage but he seems to show no animosity towards them. We treated him by FAR the best, even gave him an extremely cushy and lucrative retirement plan and yet he STILL hates us.

Infuriating.
This. So so true. Carlton have embarrassed Him... Eddie set him up for life, with little to no stress in his new job.. chucked it in our face.

No wonder they couldn't understand the game-plan. What was he talking about? Boggled the mind.

It was hard to follow in part. Was a bit garbled towards the end. TBH I fell asleep in the middle bit, but woke up when I heard the word 'Collingwood'. At that point MM had a very strained look on his face, like he was being strangulated. Maybe his innards were twisting at the memory of the shocking wrongs inflicted on him by the Pies.

So Madhouse could see the players were hurting in the pre-season because he hadn't been resigned ? WTF.

It's in line with James Hirds' court action, purely to support the players.

These ego's are just out of control.

This. So so true. Carlton have embarrassed Him... Eddie set him up for life, with little to no stress in his new job.. chucked it in our face.

His 3 years at Carlton proves that the timing was right for him to pack it up at Collingwood. Could have stayed on, big money, travel the world "studying other codes", stayed with "his boys" (apparently they aren't now?) and got to stroke his ego telling everyone it's his team Bucks was coaching.

Is there anywhere I can see the full interview or get a transcript?
Don't know why I'm interested but its becoming a guilty pleasure much like dissecting James Hird's BS.
Malthouse just has this curious fascination for me now. Totally unproductive but enjoyable nevertheless

CGJPv-MUgAE-gGR.jpg

What I liked was the stuff about Mick having no hand in Betts going because he had no say or control of the list. Then 20 minutes later he's talking about how he wanted to cut 17 or so from the list but could only cut 3-4 in one go because he was informed the others were contracted.

So no say when the cull turns out badly with Betts but all of a sudden he was privy to the list and was cutting 3-4. Once again caught out in a lie. I mean the idea that he can suggest he has no say over the list is breathtaking bullshit from the stratosphere. Don't try and tell me Mick had nothing to do with Thomas coming over.

If the team was any good after 2.5 years of selections and list changes then you bet it would have been his team. But because he turned it from a team playing exciting footy and on the eve of finals into a slow team full of plodders and decent players which he emptied out, it's not his team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mick said that he never intended to dump Trigg in a barrel of manure with 'Bettsgate'. Mick said it didn't even cross his mind when he said it ...

... Now I'm guessing most punters who heard Mick's claim understood the consequences of what he said the instant he said it.

So we have a 40 year veteran of the industry make such a bizarrely stupid error of judgement.

We wouldn't have to scratch around much to find many many others.

A brief 'trouble with the world today' rant ...

(1) Essendon Senior Coach say he's not responsible for a renegade Sports Scientist using his players as a pin cushion.

(2) FIFA Preident saying he can't be expected to be responsible for corruption in his organization because he can't look over people's shoulder's all the time.

(3) Senior coach of Carlton wont take any responsibility for his club being an utter basketcase.

FFS, what's the world coming to??? :(

Last edited:
Mick said that he never intended to dump Trigg in a barrel of manure with 'Bettsgate'. Mick said it didn't even cross his mind when he said it ...

... Now I'm guessing most punters who heard Mick's claim understood the consequences of what he said the instant he said it.

So we have a 40 year veteran of the industry make such a bizarrely stupid error of judgement.

We wouldn't have to scratch around much to find many many others.

I actually think Mick's primary concern with the Betts comment was to suggest the decision for Betts to go/be let go wasn't in his control, hence the 'already stitched up' comment and then last night his 'I have no say over the list' which is as pure a load of hogwash as you could hear.

I actually think Mick's primary concern with the Betts comment was to suggest the decision for Betts to go/be let go wasn't in his control, hence the 'already stitched up' comment and then last night his 'I have no say over the list' which is as pure a load of hogwash as you could hear.

Yeah, you're probably right.

But a 61 year old who has held a strategic role for 30 years hsn't grasped the concept of "unintended consequences"??? o_O

A brief 'trouble with the world today' rant ...

(1) Essendon Senior Coach say he's not responsible for a renegade Sports Scientist using the players as a pin cushion.

(2) FIFA Preident saying he can't be expected to be responsible for corruption in his organization because he can't look over people's shoulder's all the time.

(3) Senior coach of Carlton bat take responsibility for his club being an utter basketcase.

FFS, what's the world coming to??? :(
YOU can add Cardinal Pell and his curious case of amenisia to that list

It was hard to follow in part. Was a bit garbled towards the end. TBH I fell asleep in the middle bit, but woke up when I heard the word 'Collingwood'. At that point MM had a very strained look on his face, like he was being strangulated. Maybe his innards were twisting at the memory of the shocking wrongs inflicted on him by the Pies.

When he said he was owed an apology I reckon he was really referring to us.

Seems MM is at it again. I actually thought he'd go quietly now and slip into retirement - actually, I must be an idiot to think that. (No need for a response here either people)
Anyway - Micks had another dig at Carlton's president regarding the trading of Marc Murphy and Bryce Gibbs at years end. Seems he hasn't finished destroying the CFC just yet.

Maybe, just maybe, MM has our best interests at heart :)
He is only being (answering) honest he says on afl360 with questions in the media :rolleyes::rolleyes:

No wonder they couldn't understand the game-plan. What was he talking about? Boggled the mind.

Yep I listened to it all and was incredulous at his answers.

Being kind, you say they were obtuse.

Being less kind, you say his answers were a word salad.

Most of them were approaching nonsensical and he came across as an imbecile to be honest.

It's like the stress has unravelled his brain and he doesn't know what's real and what's fantasy.

But then I always recall a journo who was a permitted fly on the wall at the club for six months or so who once listened to a preface speech.

He then separate got the assistant coaches no less, aside to ask them separately, "What were Mick's messages to the team just then?"

Essentially, they didn't have a clue ( well could name 1-2 points out of 6 or so)

What hope did the players have?

So his thinking has befuddled people for a long time.

I cannot get how people think he's a great coach personally.

A drovers dog could have led West Coast with Judd, Kerr and Cousins on fire in the midfield to flags.

Three in thirty plus years is reasonably good at best.

If you want to know what convoluted means, watch that interview.
Or replace convoluted with "huh!"

Double speak / talking in circles / contradictions. That's my take anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back