Malthouse posturing

Remove this Banner Ad

At first glance on phone I thought OP title said 'Malthouse Prostitute' - that would have been some thread. Probably got as much chance of that happening as him coaching Adelaide.

Mick struggling to let go, it seems. But rather than getting another head job (sfellow), I think he'd be better off looking for a role at a club where he can make a contribution without being the face of the team. He certainly has a lot to offer with his experience, but if you take him on a head coach he will instantly be under the pump with "how long can he last" speculation unless he can deliver instant results, which he is unlikely to do.

Mick struggling to let go, it seems. But rather than getting another head job (sfellow), I think he'd be better off looking for a role at a club where he can make a contribution without being the face of the team. He certainly has a lot to offer with his experience, but if you take him on a head coach he will instantly be under the pump with "how long can he last" speculation unless he can deliver instant results, which he is unlikely to do.

As if Mick could cope with not being the 'face' of the team.

Maybe Mick could go for some sort of director of coaching role to a new coach. Possibly a favorite son of a club who could learn off Mick in their first few years of coaching.

Wait....

This.

Mick just needs to move on.

Get a hobby....stamp collecting, Lego building, dwarf tossing....anything, just stay out of the footy industry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's evident that Mick isn't coping with life post-football! He'd been involved in the game since 1972 in a playing and coaching capacity so things have changed for him drastically.

In 2012 he was coping without a job because he had a role in the media but most importantly in his mind he always knew he wanted to coach elsewhere despite pledging he could "never coach against [his] boys" so the idea of post-football never arose in his mind.

I honestly think Adelaide won't look at him due to his age, the mess that has been created with his last three clubs (especially towards the end) and the fact that his coaching philosophies are out of date with the modern game. He was a great coach in his day but time has moved on now.

I suspect that Mick made these comments as a defence mechanism to the fact that he's not coping with life post-football! Maybe I'm overanalysing it but surely he's not silly enough to believe he'll coach again or is he?

Can someone tell us exactly what he said?

This is amazing. I thought when he was axed, in the subsequent interview he could not have been more emphatic, along the lines of 'That's it. I'm done...never again.'

Now, in literally the first possible coaching position that has come up since he's been sacked, he's throwing his name out there? Unbelievable.

I would have a good look at him if i were in charge. Crazier things have happened. Go back 24 months and everyone would have said we were crazy if we didnt take him. Hopefully everyone mocking him doesnt scare him off.

You are crazy. He is a loon and way too much into his own celebrity. Players would not get on board, fans would be seething.

I would have thought he'd had his papers stamped. Be staggered any club take him on

Why would you do it?

On top of the irrelevance, the obsclescence....after the circus his exit from his last two clubs has turned into, why the hell would anyone risk it?

Seriously?

The guy is an embarrassment, and that he is now leveraging the phil walsh tragedy too stay 'in the game'....just pathetic.

Mick needs to just walk away. Coaching is a stressful job and this is something he doesn't need. Still very respected and admired figure so no need to seek this vacancy

I've missed this bit. Would have thought the opposite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back