Manchester City FC Thread - Champions of England, Europe & The World

Remove this Banner Ad

great window up until this last day. we knew negredo wanted to leave, and we pissed about until the end and then let him go. 24 mil next season will be a record fee for an outgoing, but it leaves us short up top. should've got that out the way and brought in a replacement.

very annoyed at the sale of huws. what message does this send for the next generation? he had the talent to play in out midfield in a year or two. and to sell him for such a pittance at 3 mil. it's not like we needed the 3 mil.

and then micah also leaves. was always going to happen but still a bit sad. 12 years at the club, will be missed.

Gone very quiet in here.

Not sure how other City fans are feeling about the club at the moment.

Personally I think it's taking some time getting used to the procession of players coming in and out of the squad, with silverware now an expectation rather than an aspiration.

Players are important in forming the identity of the club. Losing the likes of Micah Richards, a player who was given his opportunity here as a 17 year old and was still more than capable of starting, is just very sad.

I'll always be a City fan. It's just a different feeling following the sky blues now than it was 3-4 years ago, let alone 10-15 years ago. I knew this day would come with all the money and trophies, but now that it's here, it's a strange feeling.

Am I alone in this?

Quite possibly.

i think there's a feeling of satisfaction. 2 premier league trophies in 3 years, cups and now regularly competing in the champions league. with it has sort of come a procession, that 90% of games we'll just turn up and win.

there's also the problem that with the champions league, fans were looking to go to all these different places around the world, and now they're going to bayern, again, and to the racist s**t hole, again. for me it's boring, and i'm struggling to even care about facing bayern. compare that to when we first faced them, i couldn't believe it.

hell, i was excited when we signed maicon, a former world class player. now it's almost disappointment if we don't get one. it's a weird place.

Never thought I'd say this but the success has almost waned my interest in a way. It's all swings and roundabouts though and I'm sure I'll be back loving it very soon. It's the expectations though that are so different. I do agree with you Sprout

Never thought I'd say this but the success has almost waned my interest in a way. It's all swings and roundabouts though and I'm sure I'll be back loving it very soon. It's the expectations though that are so different. I do agree with you Sprout

I'm not sure if it's merely success, the expectation to win practically every game, or the fact we now have a Fernandinho and a Fernando, who look almost identical. Whatever it is, it's all becoming a bit stale. We have Sagna and Lampard playing for us ffs. If we admire the enemy, now we just go out and buy them :)

I am sensing a similar feeling with the home crowds this season as well. The atmosphere is different to 11/12.

I agree that it may hopefully just be a phase. If the race for the title is against the scum, the passion will inevitably return.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

0-2 at home to a youth squad from a club that hadn't beaten us in nearly 10 years and never won at the Etihad.

Lose to the hammers in the league.

Moscow.

We're turning into the rags under Moyes and it might be farewell Manuel.

Or am I overeacting to a bad week?

0-2 at home to a youth squad from a club that hadn't beaten us in nearly 10 years and never won at the Etihad.

Lose to the hammers in the league.

Moscow.

We're turning into the rags under Moyes and it might be farewell Manuel.

Or am I overeacting to a bad week?

you're not overreacting at all. there's a lot of problems going on, most of them seem to be centered around pelle and his inability to learn from his mistakes. it was easy last season when we just bombarded teams. now they're playing smarter, packing out the midfield. now all our midfielders are out of form besides milner and lamps, silva's injured, we have 1 striker scoring the goals and he could break down at any minute, and the back 4 is a mess.

for the money and the time invested in the squad, the results should be much, much better. the 'look where we are now' or '2 titles in 3 years' nonsense needs to stop. we need to become ruthless, not 'happy to be here'.

you're not overreacting at all. there's a lot of problems going on, most of them seem to be centered around pelle and his inability to learn from his mistakes. it was easy last season when we just bombarded teams. now they're playing smarter, packing out the midfield. now all our midfielders are out of form besides milner and lamps, silva's injured, we have 1 striker scoring the goals and he could break down at any minute, and the back 4 is a mess.

for the money and the time invested in the squad, the results should be much, much better. the 'look where we are now' or '2 titles in 3 years' nonsense needs to stop. we need to become ruthless, not 'happy to be here'.

Hasn't improved in a week.

If we don't get three points at QPR it's officially a crisis.

Not a crisis of confidence Manuel, a fully fledged crisis.

i'd argue we're already there

to go from the highest amount of points for a 2nd place ever in the cl and a goal from going in top, to 2 points and losing at home to a pack of racists.

sagna, fernando, willy, zuculini, mangala, lampard in
negredo, lescott, barry, costel, rodders, garcia out.

you can't tell me that those outs outweigh the ins. we're improved the personnel in midfield and defence, while only losing 1 striker who stopped scoring in jan.

we had the offseason from hell, so to speak, with uefa ensuring we couldn't spend our own money, the toure saga, as well as his brother tragically passing. we have no idea how much of affect that still has on him.

there were obvious shortcomings in midfield, and we thought that that had been solved with fernando. instead we're seeing the same formation used and the same problem in midfield happening. the goals have dried up, sans kun, jojo looked pathetic against moscow and dzeko wasn't much better.

so what's the problem? is it the manager? is it the players?

60/40 manager players for me. this is the managers responsibility. he is responsible for the tactics, for the players to get gee'd up for big games. sure, he's a nice guy, but this team has needed a rocket for about the last 3 months and it seemingly hasn't come. unfortunately also, we seem to have had each one of our midfielders hit poor form at the same time, yaya with his off season, dinho with the belting against germany and fernando adapting to a new country. strikers can't score, and the defence, especially the fullbacks is a mess.

the question for me also is, can pelle do it in the big games? it's one thing to overachieve with smaller teams in malaga/villarreal (both played with 1 striker by the way), and to consistently perform and adjust to the expectations of a bigger team. the proof right now says no. we're still tactically naive in europe. bayern, roma and to a smaller extent cska have all pressed in midfield, and all of them have gotten points. it was the same story under bobby, we didn't work hard enough and we got torn apart by any team that pressed high.

things dont turn around, and a fair few guys will be looking for a new job come the end of the season, manager included. it just isn't good enough. excuses have run out, it's time to actually perform.

B3A2OwjCMAAOYOu.jpg:large

pre season wunderkid iheanacho on the right, his nigerian team mate chidi nwakali on the left, training with the senior team.

kelechi going to save us with 50 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back