Manchester United thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think LVG wants Vidal, but we'll have to wait and see. Vidal has said he won't be joining us, can we take his word? I think so, but he also refused to commit to Juve.

With Carrick injured we desperately need another midfielder, like it's an absolute must. A CB and winger is also needed, I'm hopeful LVG will get the right players in to suit his style.

I don't think LVG wants Vidal, but we'll have to wait and see. Vidal has said he won't be joining us, can we take his word? I think so, but he also refused to commit to Juve.

With Carrick injured we desperately need another midfielder, like it's an absolute must. A CB and winger is also needed, I'm hopeful LVG will get the right players in to suit his style.

It's actually not really what he said, he was asked if he is joining us and he laughed it off saying "no, no".

Reckon we are interested in Vidal and a bid has or will be submitted. The 'No, no, quotes when asked if he was heading to Manchester was when he was flying out of Santiago. Dont believe that statement was about his career, moreso his destination. Vidal would be ideal. Absolutely ideal.

As for a winger, any wide player we bring in will need to have a strong defensive game given the 3-5-2 (or 3-4-1-2) turns into 5-3-2 when defending as the wing backs drop deeper. Therefor I dont see Di Maria as an option unless as one the advanced attackers. Valencia is ideal for this role given his workrate and defensive gsme. Hopefully he can get back to his best attacking form and he and Rafael can fight it out for that spot. So who covers Shaw at left wing back? Is that Cudrado (whatevs) position?

Another central def is a must and they need to be able to play with ball at feet. Hummels a dream but De Vrij would be good. Who else suits that style?

Reckon we are interested in Vidal and a bid has or will be submitted. The 'No, no, quotes when asked if he was heading to Manchester was when he was flying out of Santiago. Dont believe that statement was about his career, moreso his destination. Vidal would be ideal. Absolutely ideal.

As for a winger, any wide player we bring in will need to have a strong defensive game given the 3-5-2 (or 3-4-1-2) turns into 5-3-2 when defending as the wing backs drop deeper. Therefor I dont see Di Maria as an option unless as one the advanced attackers. Valencia is ideal for this role given his workrate and defensive gsme. Hopefully he can get back to his best attacking form and he and Rafael can fight it out for that spot. So who covers Shaw at left wing back? Is that Cudrado (whatevs) position?

Another central def is a must and they need to be able to play with ball at feet. Hummels a dream but De Vrij would be good. Who else suits that style?
Can't see vidal happening. Although orgasm.

We've got Roma at 0400 AWST tomorrow morning, I'm interested to see how we go against a stronger opposition.

Fox sports 2 live for anyone who wants to get up.
Cheers.

We are much more interested in Strootman IMO.

Vidal deal seems dead, absolutely nothing coming from the united camp, has been a media beat up, mainly from Italy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like James, he's got some real pace. Roma probably had the best of the first 30 as they almost scored a few times. We're just too good in the final third, they've got a 19 and a 18 year old each side of Benatia and their inexperience is showing. I know it's only preseason but this is so much better to watch than last season's crap

Didn't see a 3-0 score at HT, couple of sexy goals :D
We kept the ball well in the second half of that half. Very positive signs so far!

We need to find a way to fit Januzaj in this formation. It would be weird seeing him as a wingback although he is quite reliable when tracking back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back