Toast Marcus Bontempelli - Round 13 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Goal of the year!

Cometh the hour, cometh the man. For a first year player to tear the ball out of an experienced defender's hands like that and bang it through the sticks from an impossible angle whilst surrounded by defenders at a time when the game is hanging in the balance is just outstanding. An extremely promising young man, you have yourselves a gem here. :thumbsu:

Last night watching Aish go about it I was thinking again, did we make the right call?
I think Marcus put that issue to bed. Absolute freak

FixedBigheartedGorilla.gif

Last night watching Aish go about it I was thinking again, did we make the right call?
I think Marcus put that issue to bed. Absolute freak

Aish did not put his head over the ball twice at important times last night and fumbled the ball when under pressure as well.

Bontempelli on the other hand.....

Was praying we would pass up on Aish , and go the Bont.
Just a little hard not to feel a little smug at the moment. We have a game changer with Big Bont.
Wouldn't mind having Aish as well , great talent.

The thing that blows me away is how humble he is about it all, a cracking head sitting on those shoulders. Baz was interviewing him at the end & was talking about the goal, while Bonti wasn't even fussed. The team first mentality is what will set him apart from the rest (that & the freakish talent). 2 wins you can just about put down to an 18 year old with single figures in games

Was praying we would pass up on Aish , and go the Bont.
Just a little hard not to feel a little smug at the moment. We have a game changer with Big Bont.
Wouldn't mind having Aish as well , great talent.

yeah, taking nothing away from Aish, he will be a gun.

Watched the replay of that goal heaps of times. Still can't believe it went through
The looks on the dees fans faces around me when it went through was priceless,

Aish will be playing for the Crows in 2016/17.

The Lions already have massive concern about it internally, which makes it all the more surprising they went with him considering their recent exodus of players.

We pulled the right rein on this one, and regardless, Bonti looks the better player anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can he win rising star 2014 from here??

Was just about to post the same thing.

Is he coming from too far back?? But whats in his favour is there is no clear standout.

Langdon, Billings, Dunstan, Aish, Kolodjashnij and Bonts are all with a chance I reckon

If he keeps playing like he has the last three weeks and having the same impact he could leap frog all of them.

Reckon it was Dunstan to start, then Langdon but now would have Aish or Kim Kardashian ahead. And knowing what we know even if KK doesn't deserve it the AFL will give it to him as well as a lifetime supply of blowjobs from AFLHQ staff

I think if he can finish the year off like this he'd be a huge chance. The media love him which we all know is more important to win this award than actual footballing ability!

If anyone comes across any radio calls of his amazing goal, can you post them? Alastair Lynch ruined the one on Foxtel by rambling about Melbourne defenders as soon as Huddo finished his initial call.

If anyone comes across any radio calls of his amazing goal, can you post them? Alastair Lynch ruined the one on Foxtel by rambling about Melbourne defenders as soon as Huddo finished his initial call.

My thoughts exactly Igloo... Someone should tweet the bounce and see if the chief gives it to him on Wednesday

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

I love you Bonti. Everyone loves you. Give him the Rising Star! (ignoring the form of Aish but who cares about Aish he'll be playing for Adelaide soon anyway lol Brisbane)

Just a Demi, you're a harsh man timtam ;)
Only reason he's not a god is because as a god he would not be allowed to be among us mortals.

So for the good of humanity, he sacrificed his god status and became a demi god.

Aish has the advantage of having played senior football in SANFL before whilst Bonti has only played TAC. Not sure if KK played senior Tassie football but would be surprised if he hadn't. You could see how much of an advantage having played senior football gives you when you see guys like O'Meara and Crouch step straight into AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back