Height: 188cm

Weight: 90kg

Draft History: Pick 43 (Carlton), 2009 National Draft

Recruited From: North Hobart/Tasmania U18

Debut: Round 19, 2010 vs Essendon

Career Highlights: Video to be provided

2013 Forecast:

Re: Marcus Davies: number yet to be allocated

Give this kid number 43, the next Kouta! well atleast hes got the 'buff' part down:thumbsu:

• Banned

43. Marcus Davies

What type of player are you?

I want to get the best out of myself. My workrate is a strength. I'm a versatile player who loves a contest generally playing off half-back or the middle. My endurance, run and carry and link play are my special attributes. Use my voice well for instructional play. I have a "never-say-die" attitude.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble, and why?

Lindsay Gilbee - he is a role model to me. We play similar roles and positions, we both run and carry. He has exceptional skills which I try to imitate.

What are your strengths as a footballer?

My endurance, willingness to win the contest, work ethic, getting the best out of myself, instructional voice, continually wanting to improve, run and carry and am a team player.

43. Marcus Davies

Watch Marcus Davies in action

Just what we needed.

Instant favourite.

Davies looks like an animal. :)

1zmjv4y.jpg

A brief excerpt from TBU's profile of Marcus Davies.

AFL Draft Info
Overall

Davies is a very capable rebounding half back prospect, but needs to work on improving his ball handling, awareness with the ball and developing a more rounded game defensively. He should at least be a serviceable back up/emergency player for his team as I’d expect him to be a very strong performer at VFL/SANFL/WAFL, at best he could be a solid half back rebounding defender. I'd expect him to go in or beyond the 3rd round.
AFL Draft Info

Give this kid number 43, the next Kouta! well atleast hes got the 'buff' part down:thumbsu:

YES.

great fit time for the 43 to return. i have such a good feeling about Davies him and mitch are absolutely gonna tear 2010 apart

Re: Marcus Davies

Quick, strongly built HBF'er who played for North Hobart and the Tassie Mariners in the Champs this year.

Was a little bit disappointing in the Champs, his disposal was off and he wasn't as clean as usual. Having said that, against Clarence at Bellerive Oval this year, produced a performance that showed why he was drafted - was everywhere, penetrating kicking, running amok, linking up the field with chains of handballs. In this game though, he kicked one three from the field, all running into an open goal between 45 and 55 metres out.

Davies weakness is his kicking and I'd worry whether he'd be accountable enough to play as a defensive HBF'er.

• Banned
Re: Marcus Davies

Ben Nelson could kick them post high and hold his own at training with Christou with long range shots from fifty. Yet Nelson who was another tank and a HBF like Davies, lacked the endurance, pace and gut running MD appears to have.

Carlton needed more run and carry from the back half.

You'd be happy with Davies playing 52 AFL games like Nelson.

Davies adds Tassie touch to Blues

"I've never liked to get beaten at anything so I'll always try and give anything I'm doing my all," Davies says.

"I guess being from Tassie we're known for that sort of approach and I was always pretty competitive growing up … I love a bit of competition."

"I've got this opportunity at Carlton now and I just really want to make the most of it. I guess it's paid off in the short term, but I've still got a long way to go."

Thanks TG, love the bit of the interview where Mitch takes the phone haha
What a mad bastard! :D :cool:

I hear Mitch has a touch of Cameron Ling about him with an attractive blonde on his arm...
P.S. loving the pics of Yazza from the TC user aswell ;)
I only borrowed her picture. :p

Yarran will be a bull. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMG_2642-1.jpg

Good depth player right there if he's as cut as JR after just two months.

A fair chance to play a game this year.

And possibly more games than Lucas who is a bit of a rake.

Will keep O'keeffe, Russell and the rest honest.

While i agree he's a good depth player, that picture is a bit deceiving, he is nowhere near as big as JR (he will be come the next couple of pre seasons though) His kicking needs a lot of work, as does his endurance. Lucas, by rights, should play more games than Davies this year. He is more ready and should benefit from playing as many games at the highest level.

That said, I really love Marcus, and had to bite my tongue many times as he walked past while I took those pictures (his friends were sitting right behind us, embarrassing! :eek:) Have very high hopes for him in the future :thumbsu::)

Sign me up on the MD bandwagon ... The boy can play no doubt, got plenty of courage, got great awareness and vision, is a tough nut like our other Tassie boys, and looks like a pretty decent kick ... He did make one or two mistakes, but that's to be expected from all draftees.

Should play rnd 1 ... He really looks like a ready made player.

Was very pleased with Marcus' first game on Saturday night, didn't look out of place at all in the back half. He seems as though he will adapt quickly to AFL standard but with Browne and Anderson fighting it out for a spot it will be a tough gig. Good to see the stocks are looking very healthy. :thumbsu:

marcus.jpg

Davies' disposal might lack ROK's penetration, but he's a terrific power runner who backed up his pass and ran hard to get it back to deliver the ball on the run.

Reads the play better than Anderson...Cut off a Sydney pass by backing back and not taking his eyes off the ball.

Early days, yet I'd feel more comfortable with Carlton taking Davies than some of the kids who were selected ahead of the former Saint.

Could be a Solomon clone like some have suggested.

A few question Davies' defensive side, yet Russell improved his defensive side after being developed as an accountable HFF and run with player.

A bit like Walker.

With our potential depth of mids and half backs, we could see a few traded out for players or picks.

I wouldn't mind Carlton trying ROK forward if Davies stands up.

think he was measured between 189 to 190cm at DC...Jamo must be interviewing left to right, uphill....he may have grown a bit but

greens look to be rolling about 8 on the stimpmeter ;)

\jimmae :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back