Past Mark Whiley

Remove this Banner Ad

Having seen him play in the VFL I must admit I didn't see a performance that bad coming. I hope that he's given an extended run in the side as his VFL form was very good and what we saw last night was so far away from what he's capable of.

He will have learnt a lot from following Pendlebury around. Hopefully that was the reason behind him tagging Pendlebury as a tight accountable role wasn't the role that saw him doing well in the VFL.

Having seen him play in the VFL I must admit I didn't see a performance that bad coming. I hope that he's given an extended run in the side as his VFL form was very good and what we saw last night was so far away from what he's capable of.

He will have learnt a lot from following Pendlebury around. Hopefully that was the reason behind him tagging Pendlebury as a tight accountable role wasn't the role that saw him doing well in the VFL.

If he is playing really well in the seconds, then there is nothing to be gained from leaving him in the seconds. He has to play seniors for the remainder of the season along with Jaksch and some of the other young guys. With some strong support from inside the club, they should all improve across the season and we need that to happen too.

There were times when he could have probably gone for the ball but instead was hesitant and stuck to his man in a defensive manner. In general he looked a bit in two minds in what to do because of this.

I understand the idea of tagging Pandles and hope he learnt something, but in future I hope to see him more freed up.

If he is playing really well in the seconds, then there is nothing to be gained from leaving him in the seconds. He has to play seniors for the remainder of the season along with Jaksch and some of the other young guys. With some strong support from inside the club, they should all improve across the season and we need that to happen too.

Should not have been picked as he did not play last week at all due to hamstring tightness. His previous week in the VFL was good. Another very poor selection at the table, I'm not saying he shouldn't come into the side but you'd think you would want the kid to come in on some sort of form.

Now he is in, he stays in, but to come off no game and sent to one of the best mids in the comp, I'm sorry I can't see the logic

Kid dominates in reserves, so they bring him into the seniors in a different role. Surely we didn't trade this guy in so he can tag? It's ok, we'll only play him as a tagger and sometimes back pocket until he's 26 before he's allowed to be an on baller...

In all seriousness, hope he's given a few consecutive games to bring his 2nds game to the 1sts.

Kid dominates in reserves, so they bring him into the seniors in a different role. Surely we didn't trade this guy in so he can tag? It's ok, we'll only play him as a tagger and sometimes back pocket until he's 26 before he's allowed to be an on baller...

In all seriousness, hope he's given a few consecutive games to bring his 2nds game to the 1sts.
Have to admit that was annoying.

Just wanted him to hunt his own footy. Looked lost half the time looking around for Pendlebury.

Too overwhelmed.

Should not have been picked as he did not play last week at all due to hamstring tightness. His previous week in the VFL was good. Another very poor selection at the table, I'm not saying he shouldn't come into the side but you'd think you would want the kid to come in on some sort of form.

Now he is in, he stays in, but to come off no game and sent to one of the best mids in the comp, I'm sorry I can't see the logic
Team selections remain baffling. We seem to set there players up for failure at present and Whiley is better than last nights game. Hope he gets the chance to prove it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whiley played most of his games at the Gaints as a tagger and did very well, including at least one against Pendlebury.

With Curnow so out of form and Carrazzo injured I guess they tried to find someone who could do the job. Hard job to do at the best of time, but when there is little to no pressure from other team mates no chance.

He will play much better when/if the team plays better.

Whiley played most of his games at the Gaints as a tagger and did very well, including at least one against Pendlebury.

With Curnow so out of form and Carrazzo injured I guess they tried to find someone who could do the job. Hard job to do at the best of time, but when there is little to no pressure from other team mates no chance.

He will play much better when/if the team plays better.
Disappointing that we still need two taggers. Strategy make us second to the ball. Would like to see what Whiley can do playing for the ball.

Now he is in, he should be retained at AFL level for a few weeks so we can see if we have a footballer. Shows some signs, but I want to see more.

I like the idea of a 'tackle machine' and in and under player, as team needs better quality disposal and a lot more of it. Must find and win the ball not just chase.

Best on ground for Yarrawonga in the O & M over the weekend. If only he could have had the haircut to stop him having the permanently stunned look he may have made it.:):)

Just not quick enough making things happen.
I liked Mark but just got caught way too often trying to work things out.....exact opposite of Zac Fisher.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back