FTA-TV Master Chef Season 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Aaron looked like he was about to burst into tears when he thought he was gone. I must admit I thought he was as well.

Have to wonder whether they engineered that tie on purpose. After all they brought back the 3 ex-contestants to stretch the show out further and not eliminating anyone tonight helps them do that.

IIRC Aaron said toward the end of the episode that he was happy because it felt 'like a second chance', yet four or five days earlier he made it obvious that he didn't approve of the eliminated contestants returning.

Aaron was in the commercial for Sunday's show. It was just on in the ad break. Could they have been that stupid?

They did that a fair bit last year.

Here's a tip: don't run the ad for Sunday until after the Wednesday show. Could it be that hard?

Judges of 2-4-6-8 have the potential for ties.

So were they really hoping for a tie or an elimination?

Which begs the question as to where Foghorn Leghorn Preston was?

Totally bizarre event 'twas tonight...
Felt VERY tacky. Why wasn't Matt there? He was clearly there when they decided the winner, then suddenly he leaves and it's down to 2 judges who just so happen to like 1 dish each and it is a magical tie. Very lame indeed.

Not only do we come off the worst team challenge we also get 2 of the worst cooks in the competition in the elimination, yet they drag this out so they stay and there's still potential for one of the better cooks to go out cheaply again.

Was planned ahead of time that they'd both stay, have no doubt about it.

it seemed to me they made it a tie to try and get people thinking there will be another twist and it's obvious it's going too be a double elimination next week and they will build it up during the week as a massive twist in the competition

or maybe they had to make up for the bird walking out in the first show eventually by not eliminating someone.

Felt VERY tacky. Why wasn't Matt there? He was clearly there when they decided the winner, then suddenly he leaves and it's down to 2 judges who just so happen to like 1 dish each and it is a magical tie. Very lame indeed.

They've had only two there for every thursday elimination.

Personally would've sent Jimmy home though.

They've had only two there for every thursday elimination.
Yeah, but usually it's an elimination that requires nothing more than lifting lids (and when it's not they get guest judges in). This was one that required a taste test and if it truly wasn't set up to be a tie tonight then it's very poor work from the producers as they would be able to see from a mile away that there's potential (and high potential at that, when they can only use an extra 8 ingredients and basically choosing from much the same stuff) that there would be a tie.

Taking the piss now. Easily the two worst cooks in the show and they both get to stay? WTF

Yep. Definitely dragging this out. No elimination tonight, urgh. Awful time filling waste.

There is no possible way Marion doesn't win this though, she's so much better than everyone else that every episode is just delaying the inevitable. She could grab a plate and s**t on it, and it'd be better than anything most of the other hacks left in this competition could cook.

Worst 2 cooks in the comp is debatable,I would rather eat at Jimmy's Curry House or Arron's Pasta Joint than any restaurant, Johno, Callum or Ranga owned. even Jake's seafood shak on the beach would be better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah they also ran Coles ads for Courtney's recipie during last Sundays episdoe before the 3 who were returning were announced:eek:

My fav was in england right before they announced who got to go see Jamie Oliver.

'after the break we find out who won'
Jamie (with a shot of jamie) hi mate glad you could come
clearly hear in the background Callum 'yeah thanks it's great to be here'

Worst 2 cooks in the comp is debatable,I would rather eat at Jimmy's Curry House or Arron's Pasta Joint than any restaurant, Johno, Callum or Ranga owned. even Jake's seafood shak on the beach would be better.

Would I want to eat in Julie from last years comp? God no, maximum chance of sweat in my food followed by half a dessert.

....because George isn't very bright and has a limited understanding of the English language.

Looked good though,
but
I would imagine as a blind taste test regular EB would be better on the palette.
You already have the richness of the butter in the sauce you don't need to add more butter fat and mustard in through the terrine or a sweet buttery brioche.
Nice Ham of the bone on a sour dough muffin would be perfect.(and a nice Hollandaise that wasn't as thick as a custard)

Another episode, another embarrassing platter of fail for the majority. Poor Margaret.

LOL at Jonathon again... the bloke has absolutely no clue about even the basics of cooking. Both me and the misses cracked up laughing when he tried to make his curd in the pot over direct heat, and his pastry was like play dough. He even didn't recognise his egg had scrambled. What a try hard tosser this bloke is.

Hard to believe but he produced a dish arguably worse than that risotto abomination.

If he ever opens a restaurant he should call it Cluster****.

Another episode, another embarrassing platter of fail for the majority. Poor Margaret.

LOL at Jonathon again... the bloke has absolutely no clue about even the basics of cooking. Both me and the misses cracked up laughing when he tried to make his curd in the pot over direct heat, and his pastry was like play dough. He even didn't recognise his egg had scrambled. What a try hard tosser this bloke is.

Hard to believe but he produced a dish arguably worse than that risotto abomination.

If he ever opens a restaurant he should call it Cluster****.[/QUOTE]

Plus be located next door to a hospital. ;)

Was suprised to see Aaron and Peter put up, might have to rewatch it online later but thought from their comments they werent in the bottom 2

I thought only 1 group would go up, but seeing as the by far worst group were marrion and alvin they prob want to minimise the chance of marion getting the ass by putting in a second group

Remove this Banner Ad

Back