TyHawk

Premiership Player
Oct 14, 2013
Jupiter
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City
Call of the year goes to Bruce McAvaney!!

Hawks produce their Masterpiece was an awesome call at the end of the GF that will live in my memory for ever! The only commentator that gets genuinely excited about watching/calling Hawthorn games and opposition supporters know this and hate him for it! It tops his 2013 Isaac Smith goal call of ' one for the ages' IMO. Anyone else agree?

Masterpiece is always conferred retrospectively. But I'll take it until the next flag....

Our greatest flag at this point in time.

But given our propensity to win flags at a rate that annoys other supporters and delights the faithful, the next masterpieces is probably being sketched out right now.

McAvaney is a bit of a campaigner but he nailed it. The call has now replaced Tim Lane's (also a campaigner) call last year as my new signature :)

Eleven flags since 1960 puts the Hawks the proverbial mile ahead of the pack. If we divide the Victorian history of the competition into two halves, each of approximately 58 years, Hawthorn is the undisputed powerhouse of the second epoch.

Masterpiece is always conferred retrospectively. But I'll take it until the next flag....

But given our propensity to win flags at a rate that annoys other supporters and delights the faithful, the next masterpieces is probably being sketched out right now.

This shits me off as I had to replace my signature from last year (above) which I've grown rather fond of...

Again first world problems I guess :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which this one was & is!....You can plan a master-piece all you like, though it almost never turns out that way!....When you get a game where all 4 of your mid-field guns are on fire simultaneously plus the newbie in Langford, then savour it; it rarely happens. When it happens to take place on the one day that matters, then thats pure Gold!

Bruce Nailed it!

The bit he said - "Never have they been as good as they have been today"
Not sure if that is true - but I have been a member for 18 years and I think from my perspective I would agree.
There are several words that could be used - all of them almost understatements. emphatic, decisive demolishing, relentless, focused etc etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back