Team goals
2011: 426
2012: 333
30% drop?

Team MI50
2011: 376
2012: 330
14% drop

I remembered we had a huge drop off in goals between 2011 and 2012. That's why I asked.

We play 25 games in 2011 and 23 in 2012. Look at the averages.

Team stats:
Goals 17 in 2011 vs 14.5 in 2012
MI50 15 v 15

You really know how to ruin a good story, don't you? :mad:

;)
Just doing my job:D. There are other things that can be used to explain the team "drop off" even further, like the 150+ points wins over Melbourne and GC are probably outliers which like dustan fletcher in an average age comparison skew the result.

You could well be right. To me, he's in a fortunate position though, as we've got many more that will probably retire, or that I'd tap on the shoulder, before Stokes. So for me, if he wants to go on, he gets another year to show us whether he's cooked or not. In another year (maybe 2011-13), he probably would have had to be a lot luckier to get another year.

Well mate if you look at his disposal count that should tell you something, that's what and why he was moved to a midfield position to run and accumulate which he's doing better than any at the club right now.
Partridge, if he lost all his pace 3 years ago how on earth is he pulling all those stats when "young blokes" who you suppose to be quick can't get 50% of his touches, what you say doesn't add up.

Just doing my job:D. There are other things that can be used to explain the team "drop off" even further, like the 150+ points wins over Melbourne and GC are probably outliers which like dustan fletcher in an average age comparison skew the result.
Yeah, you're right. I had just remembered that, when I ran some stats quite some time ago, I noticed we were well down on goals in 2012 relative to other years (went back up in 2013, IIRC). That's why I asked the question. I was rushing it this morning, trying to do the stats using my phone- no paper or pen :mad: - but when you called me on the averages, I had to finish the job.
Let's just blame Stokesy for roughly 1 goal per game not being kicked that year, shall we?

Well mate if you look at his disposal count that should tell you something, that's what and why he was moved to a midfield position to run and accumulate which he's doing better than any at the club right now.
Partridge, if he lost all his pace 3 years ago how on earth is he pulling all those stats when "young blokes" who you suppose to be quick can't get 50% of his touches, what you say doesn't add up.

That wasn't what I said. I said he still had pace 3 years ago. I said he's lost his pace this year.

How can you mysteriously lose pace when you're pulling 35 possessions, you can't be serious!
Partridge is ONLY EVER serious, and occasionally, very occasionally, sarcastic.

Humour, belief, joy, happiness - things of those lower to his station.

GO Catters

Yeah, you're right. I had just remembered that, when I ran some stats quite some time ago, I noticed we were well down on goals in 2012 relative to other years (went back up in 2013, IIRC). That's why I asked the question. I was rushing it this morning, trying to do the stats using my phone- no paper or pen :mad: - but when you called me on the averages, I had to finish the job.
Let's just blame Stokesy for roughly 1 goal per game not being kicked that year, shall we?

Poor Stokes, your attributing more blame to him then I ever did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were they at senior or reserves level, those 35 possessions?

I have a question for you. How do you only get 5 possessions - at senior level - when you've got such pace?

He got 9 in a quarter the week before!....where have you been?...you reckon some of those kids in the two's can't shift?..man you're dreaming.

Partridge is ONLY EVER serious, and occasionally, very occasionally, sarcastic.

Humour, belief, joy, happiness - things of those lower to his station.

GO Catters

There are plenty of those attributes to go around:

Humour - Can't speak for everyone, but whenever Chris Scott utters the phrases "best footy in September", "medical advice" or "we rate him highly" I just break out in laughter.
Belief - It was a struggle, but I kept the faith that big Hamish would come good. Glad to be proven right.
Joy and Happiness - To see the pure genius of our ruck strategy come to fruition this year, especially the durability of Clark and Stanley, just has me all warm and fuzzy inside.

You guys need to lighten up. :)

There are plenty of those attributes to go around:

Humour - Can't speak for everyone, but whenever Chris Scott utters the phrases "best footy in September", "medical advice" or "we rate him highly" I just break out in laughter. Does 2 weeks apply to this too… surely a favourite...:D
Belief
- It was a struggle, but I kept the faith that big Hamish would come good. Glad to be proven right.
Joy and Happiness - To see the pure genius of our ruck strategy come to fruition this year, especially the durability of Clark and Stanley, just has me all warm and fuzzy inside.

You guys need to lighten up. :)

Big smiles there!!!

GO Catters

Or simply we aren't getting our hands on the ball first sufficiently often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back