Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2006
On Deadly Ground
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seagal, Hull, Hibs
The publicly known facts about Matt Barber are obvious, but I've always heard a lot of other things, usually from athletics sources about this bloke (one a reliable person in a high position).
Are the Eagles and their premierships always under a cloud due to his involvement?

who is Matt Barber??? At a guess he is a sport drug cheat and that why the Eagles premership are always hinted at the players taking the juice???

dmc333 said:
The publicly known facts about Matt Barber are obvious, but I've always heard a lot of other things, usually from athletics sources about this bloke (one a reliable person in a high position).

Usual crap sprouted from those who are jealous of the Eagles success. Those flags won by the club in 92 and 94 were won fairly and squarely. This is crap along the lines of the same type of rubbish such as Turley sleeping with the coaches wife, etc etc. Absolute crap.

dmc333 said:
Are the Eagles and their premierships always under a cloud due to his involvement?

Only for those who wish it to be.

Let's just say some friends of mine power lifted at the same gym as a certain football club in the 90's. Funny how players recovered so fast during that time?????

jko'neal said:
Let's just say some friends of mine power lifted at the same gym as a certain football club in the 90's. Funny how players recovered so fast during that time?????

Your friends are full of it, unless they were using the Werst Coast Eagles club gym at the time.

Yeah right....next rumour to spread please...

Why is this not in Bay 13?
Unsubstanciated rumour from the 90's, please tell me how this is relavent to anyone/ anything?

Mr Q said:
Bull****.

Ain't this a raw nerve.

Really, I should come clean, this is directly related St.Kilda's inability to win anymore than 1 flag in its tragic history. :rolleyes:

Sorry West Coast fans, I'm able to identify and admit my clubs short comings, so it's actually hard for me to be jealous, St.Kilda are crap and always have been.
Seems some other fans should be able to grow up and accept someone actually wanted to ask a legit, yet controversial question, instead of howling it down anytime a negative post surfaces about their club.

Again, No. 1 Bigfooty defence = jealousy.

jealously is a curse, the eagles won fairly and squarely and many people dont realise the barriers that the eagles overcame in a few short years to win the ultimate prize, two times

dmc333 said:
Seems some other fans should be able to grow up and accept someone actually wanted to ask a legit, yet controversial question, instead of howling it down anytime a negative post surfaces about their club.

Now you are being pathetic.

Truth: The West Coast Eagles at the time changed the way players fitness was looked at and used Barber as their coach. Don Scott even remarked how big and strong the Eagles were and the rest of the league would have to catch up with their fitness programs to keep up with the Eagles.

Untruth:
dmc333 said:
Let's just say some friends of mine power lifted at the same gym as a certain football club in the 90's.

Like I said, unless your mates are WC players, they would never have gotten within 50 feet of the Eagles clubroom gym.

Legit question, but basically a troll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will try and answer this without earning the wrath of GB and Mr Q

While Matt Barber and his association with Dean Capobianco has never been questioned, there has never been any question that the WC squad used any substances other than hard work

Weght training is only one component of a teams push towards a flag, match day planning, team adherence to the game plan and a commitment to attain a goal have much more importance than any implication of improper use in the gym

Whats more interesting than the blatant attempt at trolling, is why did this St Kilda supporter troll West Coast in the first place? Is it random or did someone from WCE upset him in another thread?

THE MYSTERY!!!

I've had this conversation so many times over the last 10 years or so. Most eagle fans refuse to accept that it's even a possibility, yet all the facts point to something else. Barber, Capobianco, overnight muscles from the likes of Jakovich, Lamb et al during Barber's time there. Get off the grass, you have to admit there's something a bit fishy, or at least that it's a possibility, rather than make unequivocal statements of denial.

Other strange happenings which add credence to the story are Jako's heart palpitations, which always gets me thinking about Flo-Jo and her eventual premature death, no doubt caused by steroid abuse.

But rest assured wc eagles players are clean, because their fans told us so.

As if.

I thought they actually took legal “drugs” and it was quite well known. Creatine or whatever it was at the time? I think they had a very good weights and supplement program which other clubs have since caught up with. There were certainly stories of Steroids as well but how much factual base they had is another matter. If Barber implicates WCE then what does Craig do for Adelaide? Unless there is something more to go on then you have to assume they are clean. That's not to say it isn't possible but I think start-up concessions followed by good administration and a quality football department are the better explanations for the Eagles gaining a jump on the competition.

gdmclean said:
Whats more interesting than the blatant attempt at trolling, is why did this St Kilda supporter troll West Coast in the first place? Is it random or did someone from WCE upset him in another thread?

THE MYSTERY!!!

No mystery, it would be hard for a WCE supporter to upset me. If you ever come across a st.kilda thread and I'm posting in it, you usually find I'm being as hard on St.Kilda as anyone.

back pocket said:
I've had this conversation so many times over the last 10 years or so. Most eagle fans refuse to accept that it's even a possibility, yet all the facts point to something else. Barber, Capobianco, overnight muscles from the likes of Jakovich, Lamb et al during Barber's time there. Get off the grass, you have to admit there's something a bit fishy, or at least that it's a possibility, rather than make unequivocal statements of denial.

Other strange happenings which add credence to the story are Jako's heart palpitations, which always gets me thinking about Flo-Jo and her eventual premature death, no doubt caused by steroid abuse.

But rest assured wc eagles players are clean, because their fans told us so.

As if.

Talking of Grass

Maybe that is the reason for Freo's lack of success.

Certianly a possibility ;)

Bestbird said:
Talking of Grass

Maybe that is the reason for Freo's lack of success.

Certianly a possibility ;)

What's Freo and Grass got to do with anything? I thought this thread was about the theory that your juiced up state team from the early 90's cheated it's way to 2 flags.

You probably reckon Capo was innocent as well, and Barber is some kind of body-building genius who wouldn't touch "the stuff".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back