Toast Matt Rosa - Welcome back as assistant coach!

Remove this Banner Ad

Very fond memories of Rosa.

I remember him winning a 2 v 1 contest at the end of that nailbiter against the Bulldogs in 2011 which pretty much won us the game.

In 2012 he broke his jaw against the Lions putting his body on the line. Wearing a helmet his first game back he didn't hesitate to go back with the flight and ended up with a broken collarbone for his troubles.

And then of course, this pearler in 2014

He's a pretty remarkable player actually.

Spent the first 4-5 years as a soft, (very) outside frontrunner who kicked helicopters for fun. Was much maligned on here as a result.
Addressed his weaknesses and completely transformed himself into a tough, courageous utility who relished the contest and was responsible defensively.
You still sometimes see people describe him as a soft outside player but nothing could be further from the truth.

Very good clubman and a great example for young players.

Will be missed, but hopefully not too much. Wish him all the best at the Suns.

I don't like losing good clubmen. Even for pick 31. He's not exactly the heart and soul of the club, but he's still a critical part, maybe a lung or a spleen, or a kidney?

Would have preferred to keep him in all honesty, and I reckon he still would have been thereabouts next year. Critical loss of midfield depth.

All the best Matty, for the years of service you deserve to finish your career where you want. Its a real shame you never won the ultimate prize with us.

Good Clubman loyal servant to the Club thorough some pretty crappy times.
By no means a star but a blue collar player who got the best out of his ability .
He saw the writing on the wall that he was only going to be a depth played with the influx of the better skilled mids that the Club has bought in over the last couple of years.

Many thanks Matty for your wonderful service to our Club and all the very best at Gold Coast.

I will have fond memories of a hard working and dour player .

An underrated player whose loyalty to the club and wholehearted efforts on the field could not be faulted.
We are fast running out of whipping boys with Rosa and Selwood gone ... thankfully this trade means that McGinnity will, more than likely, be retained to take a larger share of abuse!

Glad he got the trade he wanted, nice place to be traded to as well.
Will get a little extra in the back pocket and live in similar and warmer conditions to here.

With the new guys and young guys coming in next season he would have been fighting for a run.
At GC his experience should pretty much guarantee him a spot.

Stay fit and healthy.
I wish you all the best for the future and thank you for your past loyalty and service.

An underrated player whose loyalty to the club and wholehearted efforts on the field could not be faulted.
We are fast running out of whipping boys with Rosa and Selwood gone ... thankfully this trade means that McGinnity will, more than likely, be retained to take a larger share of abuse!
woah. You are completely wrong, and I'm gonna let ya finish, but Masten is the greatest whipping boy of all time...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will miss Rosa but his helicopters are now the suns problem

103018026-four-ah-64-apache-anti-armor-helicopters-fly-gettyimages.jpg

Didn't want to lose him. Experienced, versitile and still capable of excellent footy, e.g QF this year. Should've been held to his contract.

Sad to lose him but if he values playing a couple of extra games over potentially winning a premiership then so be it.

He will be a very good influence for the GC kids - no doubt that factored into their decision to recruit him.

Disappointing that he wasn't interested in being a one club player like many others, but he obviously wants to extend his career for as long as he can, wouldn't want to have been "phased out" like some have been (A Selwood, Embley, Cox, etc). Good luck to him at GC.

woah. You are completely wrong, and I'm gonna let ya finish, but Masten is the greatest whipping boy of all time...

Completely wrong may be a little harsh...I wasn't dismissing the hatred for Masten nor indeed that for the 2014 Brownlow Medallist who has 224 pages (Part 2) dedicated to him. Just saying that Paddy has got very broad shoulders and will now be sharing more of the abuse now that Selwood and Rosa have departed.:)

A very sad day. I guess I can console myself with the fact that he did want to leave, but he's been at the club for almost 10 years.

A great clubman, shame he didn't want to stay as a one club player. Tempted to buy a Gold Coast guernsey with his number on it now.. !

Hard to believe Phil Read was so popular.

Yeah annoying Rosa has left, important depth and likeable.

EDIT: I quoted the wrong ******* post

Remove this Banner Ad

Back