Matthew Campbell

Remove this Banner Ad

We picked him up in the rookie draft, noticed he played 38 games for North Adelaide? Anyone seen him play a bit that has any info on what he is like?

Matty Campbell is a very good player who improve a hell of a lot this season at Prospect. His disposal and goal sense is good and he puts a lot of pressure on opposition players with his pace and tackling. Unfortunately he is pretty small which could pose a bit of a problem.

Matty Campbell is a very good player who improve a hell of a lot this season at Prospect. His disposal and goal sense is good and he puts a lot of pressure on opposition players with his pace and tackling. Unfortunately he is pretty small which could pose a bit of a problem.

We picked up a few forward pocket types this year, I don't think a small size will be too limiting in that role, that is where Brent Harvey really learnt how to play footy for us in the early 90s and he is a bit of a midget aswell.

It will be interesting to see how he goes against Whyman, Ross and Thomas for a position. Campbell has a chance to play in the seniors with Harding out all of 2007 if he is good enough.

Thanks for the info. :)

Well Tas he played a number of positions for us, he worked brilliantly when in a pocket with his cousin (?) Daniel Motlop, they dominated together. He also even spent some time on a half back flank and on the ball, the kid is super kick and loves to have a run and a few bounces, he is very confident.

Well Tas he played a number of positions for us, he worked brilliantly when in a pocket with his cousin (?) Daniel Motlop, they dominated together. He also even spent some time on a half back flank and on the ball, the kid is super kick and loves to have a run and a few bounces, he is very confident.

Oh god, he is related to Junior? :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read this and thought you were talking about Matthew Campbell - you know... the ex-north, ex-bears now annoying, full of himself commentator! :D Gawd, it shows how much out of the loop we are up here in Queensland!

You wre thinking of the one with the manly voice more high pitched than yours jen!! :p

I read this and thought you were talking about Matthew Campbell - you know... the ex-north, ex-bears now annoying, full of himself commentator! :D Gawd, it shows how much out of the loop we are up here in Queensland!

The sun will do that to you. :p

Just a quick update, he has been playing some pretty impressive footy for his age/build/experience and is very likely to get elevated prior to the start of the season. Combined with Thomas they are adding a lot to our forward line and midfield so far.

I hope he gets elevated, he seems to be going alright so far and it's great to see. I look forward to watching him play and i think Cometti likes him too judging by a piece of commentary which was quoted in the Sunday Mail over here after the first round of the NAB.

"what about young Matty Campbell, very good in a confined space, of Ralph Fienne's quality"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back