Recommitted Matthew Kreuzer [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it will come down to years more than money.

I would hope we offer him no more than three years, but another club may roll the dice and offer him five.

If that was the case I wouldn't begrudge him going.

I agree. Will be about years. Do you think you would come up to 4? That's what's being bandied around despatches that other clubs have put in front of his management. Think Dogs/Tigers and Pies would give him that.

Just out of interest what sort of coin would he be on at the moment?

Lol look where the captaincy has gotten our 2 clubs this year. We will finish top 2 and play finals whilst Carlton are an absolute rabble. If Pav were at Carlton he would be your leading goalkicker. Pav>Murphy in every way possible especially Captaincy.

You might play 2 finals again this year but it's certainly not on the back of Pav's efforts. Fyfe, Barlow, Hill and Neale have a lot more to do with Freo success than Pav does!
As I said, 1.9 goals per game with that midfield (and more) is woeful

I think you missed the point..Freo ARE playing 2 finals this year. You can bag Pav all you want but the reality is that captaincy is not just your on field exploits. 1.9 goals may not be much but his captaincy has been a pretty successful one. Pendles would be happy averaging 1.9 possessions per game if it meant he was part of a contending side (so would Murphy)

This is thread is insane. Break it down boys why would Carlton off load kreuzer who is a number one draft pick for another first round draft pick in a year win which all accounts is a soft draft This years talent is poor bascailyl with 18 teams the talent pool is spread very thin standard of players is dropping

This is thread is insane. Break it down boys why would Carlton off load kreuzer who is a number one draft pick for another first round draft pick in a year win which all accounts is a soft draft This years talent is poor bascailyl with 18 teams the talent pool is spread very thin standard of players is dropping
Don't get emotional.

Kreuzer loves the club, he's staying.

Kreuzer is from a rich family - money doesn't interest him hes got everything he wants he just wants to play for Carlton. Put that one in the bank he has got an offer on the table only recently.

Kreuzer is from a rich family - money doesn't interest him hes got everything he wants he just wants to play for Carlton. Put that one in the bank he has got an offer on the table only recently.
Do you know what rich people like? More money. You can take that one to the bank too!

Do you know what rich people like? More money. You can take that one to the bank too!

Kreuzer has consistently signed contracts below what other clubs have offered (so has Gibbs). He is not driven by money .

Smelly crappy post/
LOL, just an opinion mate. Many players on your list i have a lot of time for, he is not one of them. I would sell the farm for Cripps, he is going to be scary good, love Murphy, a lot of time for Kruze, Jamison. Just have never been a fan of number 4.

A first round this year is the same as any other year. The top 20ish is strong this year, the draft just drops away sharply after that. It's a shallow draft, not weak at all at the top end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A first round this year is the same as any other year. The top 20ish is strong this year, the draft just drops away sharply after that. It's a shallow draft, not weak at all at the top end.

Your wrong there. There are several Academy players in the top 20, then father/son's.

Therefore there are about 5 players in the top 20 that are taken.

This dilutes the first round severely of players you could have been able to get

What Carlton paid for him 7 years ago is irrelevant now. Do you think there would be a club out there willing to give up a top 3 pick for him? No way, so why not let him walk if you can get a high pick for him. Sure the draft is not as strong as last year but there is some very good talent high in the draft.

What is the chances of Kruezer actually getting Carlton a first round compo pick? Has had a fairly disappointing career, a lot of that due to injuries.

Do his career achievements come into it? Only the one B&F and zero all australians. Or does it just come down to the contract. Carlton would be mad not to let him go if they got a first round pick for him. He is not going to be around for Carltons next tilt at the flag. Carlton could set up their future by picking up a Schache/Parish combo.

As a Saints supporter I hope he stays as I feel we are already getting ripped off due to academy picks.

What is the chances of Kruezer actually getting Carlton a first round compo pick? Has had a fairly disappointing career, a lot of that due to injuries.

Do his career achievements come into it? Only the one B&F and zero all australians. Or does it just come down to the contract. Carlton would be mad not to let him go if they got a first round pick for him. He is not going to be around for Carltons next tilt at the flag. Carlton could set up their future by picking up a Schache/Parish combo.

As a Saints supporter I hope he stays as I feel we are already getting ripped off due to academy picks.

Kreuzer is one of the better ruckmen in the competition. you don't give them away in the hope you find a better ruckman.

he just turned 26 and has plenty of years ahead of him.

Kreuzer is one of the better ruckmen in the competition. you don't give them away in the hope you find a better ruckman.

he just turned 26 and has plenty of years ahead of him.

Biggest issue with Kreuzer he he has played something like 75 of the last 135 games.

If the offer on hand was enough to give you Pick 2 or 3 it could potentially be beneficial.
If Brisbane can beat the Dogs at the Gabba, hello Schache and Weitering!

Biggest issue with Kreuzer he he has played something like 75 of the last 135 games.

If the offer on hand was enough to give you Pick 2 or 3 it could potentially be beneficial.
If Brisbane can beat the Dogs at the Gabba, hello Schache and Weitering!

What if we keep Kreuzer and say hello Weitering and Weideman!

Spoke to a Carlton recruiter Saturday and the board and recruiting staff (SOS) are keen to be compensated with pick 3 for Kruzer he said -Sydney-WB-Richmond-GWS where all keen but said he would have to pass a medical because its over $600K he will be offered.

When I quizzed him he said Watering and a a grade onballer? would make Carlton the winner.. think he is right

I agree. Will be about years. Do you think you would come up to 4?
I don't think we would or should. Supporters love him, and he's shown how good he is once fit, but at the end of the day the risk would be too great for a club in our position. If a club signs Kreuzer for 4 then they believe they're a shot at a flag in that time.
If the Bulldogs for example grabbed Kreuzer for 4 years at say $500k and he broke down, then no harm no foul. They'll be contenders in that 4 year window so it's worth the risk, it's not like they gave up picks for him. And he'll probably bounce back within that four year window.
If Carlton re-signs him for four years and he breaks down though, we'd be in a world of hurt. We'll have forfeited compo pick 3 for nothing, and there'll be a spot on our list not being used to develop another player during a rebuild. And if he did bounce back in that 4 year window, it wouldn't matter, as we'd probably still be crap at that stage anyway.

Just out of interest what sort of coin would he be on at the moment?

I'm not good with salaries, but I'd say 350k-450k.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back