Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

He basically got asked if that was the best four quarter performance for the year and he agreed that it was and then talked a bit about how 'that's closer to who we are' and values and so on.

I can’t imagine being a player and having to listen to him, would make me want to not go to work.

We beat up on a s**t opposition and he’s lauding it and some great performance.

I think i gagged hardest with his splooshing (phrasing) over Laird.

He’s too invested in the individuals.

I want my coach to be a coach, to lead the players … not be their peer.

I do not see a way we get out of this dead end path we are on… that doesn’t cost us multiple years.

I think i gagged hardest with his splooshing (phrasing) over Laird.

He’s too invested in the individuals.

I want my coach to be a coach, to lead the players … not be their peer.

I do not see a way we get out of this dead end path we are on… that doesn’t cost us multiple years.
The carrying on over Tex giving up shots in goal, did any of them work to the teams advantage?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't bring myself to watch it
Coach press conferences aren't worth a crock of s**t at the best of times. It's the same boring questions and variations of the same boring answers which are likely to be self-serving in some way rather than truly objective. Ultimately a coach can give a good press conference and the team plays badly in the following game, and vice versa.

I can’t imagine being a player and having to listen to him, would make me want to not go to work.

We beat up on a s**t opposition and he’s lauding it and some great performance.

Tbf it’s hard not to say it was a good performance without shitting all over opposition.

It would refreshing for coaches to just call it how it is but no other does it that either

How can the win without continuity? Impossible!
Most unconvincing 10 goal win you will ever see. Just wallpapering over cracks.

We were bad, they were worse. He has to go.
We scored 138, but given how many forward half intercepts we had, especially in the 1st half and then failed to convert into scores and then the forward half dominance we had in the last quarter which lead to the Roos kicking 5.2 to our 4.6 shows a lot of our improvement can probably be chalked up to punching down on an opponent. I'll give a little leeway in the last on saying maybe the foot came off the pedal, but also I don't think any player is in the position they should feel comfortable doing that either.

I thought our intent to move the ball quicker from the back half was a lot better, but we said that against Carlton and then Nicks tightened it down again against Essendon, so remains to be seen how defensive he goes against the Power next week.

Tbf it’s hard not to say it was a good performance without shitting all over opposition.

It would refreshing for coaches to just call it how it is but no other does it that either
The most honest a Crows coach has probably been was Pyke in 2018 when he was laughing his ass off in the box when playing Carlton.

He basically got asked if that was the best four quarter performance for the year and he agreed that it was and then talked a bit about how 'that's closer to who we are' and values and so on.
Surely the Carlton game was more impressive given they were undefeated at the time... v winless Roos.

He shouldn't be getting ahead of himself beating up on a hapless side.

We did what we needed but we also missed a great opportunity to try some new players.

Wow. A good coach knows that game said nothing about where we are at. And says as much — without being disrespectful — in the presser. This bloke is a train wreck.

I had to watch the presser to truly hear how bad it was... Boy that didn't disappoint :sick:

"Complete performance... Back to our DNA.... They challenged us, but we went to work on our game... Lairdy back to hunting the footy.... Big for our group... Did a fair bit of work this week..... Got back to what we know works.... Mindset was spot on.... Cohesion..... Reward for our boys... Guys could use their weapons.... Mindset.... Contest..."

Just awful.

Back