Opinion INTERNATIONAL Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct and doubly so given on the actual night Trump might be leading (people voting on the day) as against those that vote legally (inserted for those conspiracy theorists) before the day.

Ironically Bernie Sanders predicted exactly what Trump's plan was long before election day

Watch from 2:45 on, he predicted Trump's game plan to the letter

MAGA republicans must be thrilled

I’m sure they are well satisfied. It is a travesty.
I thought Ukraine could win this war, expel the invaders, but with the halt the GOP has put on assistance and the pathetic Scholz I am now having some doubts. If anyone thinks Putin will stop at Ukraine they're sadly mistaken. This is just the beginning. Poor Ukraine, they have been badly let down. * the GOP and Trump

Iran stepping into this conflict is a worrying escalation.

I have said this previously but I suspect this is exactly what Hamas were hoping to achieve with the October attacks.

Hamas know full well that they don't have a hope in hell of defeating Israel in a fair fight.

The absolute best case scenario they could have hoped for therefore would be to provoke Israel into killing enough Palestinians that their more powerful Muslim neighbours join the fight, dragging the region into a holy war.

Well, I'm back. I took a break for a couple of weeks. Most of the news during this time was merely Trumps appeals being thrown out in what seemed to be a bit of a lull before his trial starts today for the hush money to Stormy Daniels.

Firstly: The fact people have been put in jail like Michael Cohen for their role in this crime, I genuinely think Trump is in trouble here. Michael was sentenced to three years for this crime so purely on the grounds of this precedent being set, Trump is not only going to be found guilty, he will get Jail. This is a criminal trial Trump feared because he isn't a stupid man, he knows full well that precedents have been set here which do not play in his favour and Michael Cohen is going to be a key witness here.

Prediction, I do think Trump will get some actual jail time, It maybe 6 months in an actual jail and a year or two in home detention. He also wont be the candidate.

Secondly:

Abortion bans in Florida and Arizona. The white old men in suits towing the MAGA ultra conservative view point maybe making all the decisions with the help of a few women, but they do not hold the decision making on election day. There is a massive women's rights movement sweeping the states right now which has largely remained hidden. But Biden is riding a huge wave of support right now and many experts are beginning to align that with women being driven away from MAGA en masse due to the criminalisation of abortion.

I'm not sure Trump and MAGA have really thought this through. Sounds more like a bunch of decisions that would be made in an echo chamber than thoroughly researched and thought out policy.

Prediction: Abortion and womens rights will almost certainly become the leading election issue come November and in each states elections. With a statistical basis that there are more women then men in every population census data collected, many pure red states could find themselves blue for decades. Republicans will lose this election and I don't think its going to be pretty at all.

Thirdly:

Trump maybe charged with more crimes. It has come to the attention of many that Trump and his family have openly admitted to funnelling funds from the RNC donor accounts to pay for his legal bills. On the surface, this sounds fine. However, those funds by federal law are supposed to be used for authorised purposes in regards to running election campaigns if it wants to remain tax free. Under any challenge by a DA it is likely Trump will have broken federal tax law because he would be required to pay tax.

The other crime Trump could be indicted for is breaking strict Stock Market laws regarding his misleading comments about the value of his stock. He specifically tweeted that its fake news his stock is tanking and his business has never been stronger. Under the strict guidelines, at all times a public company must be truthful about its financial position and can not under any circumstances mislead investors into investing.

Trump is screwed. I think the Stormy Daniels result will be the catalyst that sends all the dominoes toppling. Once that trial is over and Trump is sentenced to jail, all the other trials will be reeled off and all the delays will be over. With Biden now leading the polls convincingly, its only a matter of time before the republican party tell Donald he is on his own. I think everyone has just been waiting for that first domino to fall.

Well, I'm back. I took a break for a couple of weeks. Most of the news during this time was merely Trumps appeals being thrown out in what seemed to be a bit of a lull before his trial starts today for the hush money to Stormy Daniels.

Firstly: The fact people have been put in jail like Michael Cohen for their role in this crime, I genuinely think Trump is in trouble here. Michael was sentenced to three years for this crime so purely on the grounds of this precedent being set, Trump is not only going to be found guilty, he will get Jail. This is a criminal trial Trump feared because he isn't a stupid man, he knows full well that precedents have been set here which do not play in his favour and Michael Cohen is going to be a key witness here.

Prediction, I do think Trump will get some actual jail time, It maybe 6 months in an actual jail and a year or two in home detention. He also wont be the candidate.

Secondly:

Abortion bans in Florida and Arizona. The white old men in suits towing the MAGA ultra conservative view point maybe making all the decisions with the help of a few women, but they do not hold the decision making on election day. There is a massive women's rights movement sweeping the states right now which has largely remained hidden. But Biden is riding a huge wave of support right now and many experts are beginning to align that with women being driven away from MAGA en masse due to the criminalisation of abortion.

I'm not sure Trump and MAGA have really thought this through. Sounds more like a bunch of decisions that would be made in an echo chamber than thoroughly researched and thought out policy.

Prediction: Abortion and womens rights will almost certainly become the leading election issue come November and in each states elections. With a statistical basis that there are more women then men in every population census data collected, many pure red states could find themselves blue for decades. Republicans will lose this election and I don't think its going to be pretty at all.

Thirdly:

Trump maybe charged with more crimes. It has come to the attention of many that Trump and his family have openly admitted to funnelling funds from the RNC donor accounts to pay for his legal bills. On the surface, this sounds fine. However, those funds by federal law are supposed to be used for authorised purposes in regards to running election campaigns if it wants to remain tax free. Under any challenge by a DA it is likely Trump will have broken federal tax law because he would be required to pay tax.

The other crime Trump could be indicted for is breaking strict Stock Market laws regarding his misleading comments about the value of his stock. He specifically tweeted that its fake news his stock is tanking and his business has never been stronger. Under the strict guidelines, at all times a public company must be truthful about its financial position and can not under any circumstances mislead investors into investing.

Trump is screwed. I think the Stormy Daniels result will be the catalyst that sends all the dominoes toppling. Once that trial is over and Trump is sentenced to jail, all the other trials will be reeled off and all the delays will be over. With Biden now leading the polls convincingly, its only a matter of time before the republican party tell Donald he is on his own. I think everyone has just been waiting for that first domino to fall.
Well I hope you're correct with your predictions. But... "he isn't a stupid man"??? Say wut?! He is indeed a stupid man. Stupid and dumb AF.

Nothing stopping anyone from being rich and stupid at the same time and this buffoon is the prime example.

Also, is Biden really convincingly leading the polls? Again I hope you're correct even though I'm no Biden fan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Secondly:

Thirdly:

Where are you getting your poll information from? This article has him still trailing but closing, and the Guardian is hardly pro-Trump (to put it mildly). Also has a few interesting comments about RFK.

I don't think he'll get any actual jail time even if found guilty. The Cohen's of the world are one thing but they don't really jail famous/rich people over white collar stuff like this, just not the way they roll over there (an example of their actual 2 tier justice system, not the one Trump pretends exists).

And even if he somehow did get some jail time, he'll still be the candidate. Would literally run from the inside of his cell and no one in the GOP is convincing him not to, he knows becoming prez again is his only way out.

Last edited:
Imagine this excuse for a man being someone’s role model. Imagine MAGA parents teaching their children that this whinging narcissist who never stops crying, never stops projecting, never stops playing the victim, has never in his entire life admitted he has been wrong, is someone to aspire to. He’s a pathetic little snowflake. Imagine all these self entitled little Trumpers running around in years to come
Unfathomable in my family that’s for sure. It is not the way to bring up the next generation.

Imagine this excuse for a man being someone’s role model. Imagine MAGA parents teaching their children that this whinging narcissist who never stops crying, never stops projecting, never stops playing the victim, has never in his entire life admitted he has been wrong, is someone to aspire to. He’s a pathetic little snowflake. Imagine all these self entitled little Trumpers running around in years to come
Unfathomable in my family that’s for sure. It is not the way to bring up the next generation.

Wear something warmer you entitled *wit.

I’ve said just nuc the whole middle east, problem solved.
Too many hotheads who don't need an excuse for conflict.

It's sad how many world leaders jump at the opportunity for conflict.

Meanwhile I'm not concerned about China invading us as they got about it in more covert economic ways.

Too many hotheads who don't need an excuse for conflict.

It's sad how many world leaders jump at the opportunity for conflict.

Meanwhile I'm not concerned about China invading us as they got about it in more covert economic ways.

Conflict generates wealth for certain individuals.

For example, wars create instability, then markets crash, nervous nellies get out, crystallise their loses whilst others purchase cheaper stocks that have cashflows and gain the future upside.

Happens everytime, after world recessions, tech bubble in 2000/2001, GFC in 2008/2008, Covid pandemic etc.

For most stocks the underlying fundamentals don’t change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back