Banter The Adelaide Board Politics/COVID Thread Part 2 (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
States with more guns per capita are arming crazies who shouldn't have a licence to kill people.

Howard's best legacy was making hight powered weapons illegal in Australia for the general population.

We are safer for it... meanwhile Americans continue to be killed daily because they hold on to an outdated amendment which was written when there were no high powered weapons.

I'm glad I live in Australia & not the USA.

I think Howards best legacy was putting checks and balances in for licenced firearm owners.

Not sure what you meant about "making high powered weapons illegal in Australia for the general population" but it is entirely legal for 99% of South Australian adults to own a 44 magnum semi-automatic pistol "the worlds most powerful handgun".

I would assume it's legal for the rest of Australia as well - without knowing their Firearm Act and Regs.

I think Howards best legacy was putting checks and balances in for licenced firearm owners.

Not sure what you meant about "making high powered weapons illegal in Australia for the general population" but it is entirely legal for 99% of South Australian adults to own a 44 magnum semi-automatic pistol "the worlds most powerful handgun".

I would assume it's legal for the rest of Australia as well - without knowing their Firearm Act and Regs.
I meant to say semi or fully automatic weapons are prohibited. Ie. The type which are propular for mass shootings.

We are safer for it

Making steel?

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes, does everyone and sports people just realise how much our society is reliant on oil and to a lesser extent gas? Now coal I agree with as it basically only has one purpose.

Coal? Still generating approximately half the world’s electricity in 2022.

It’s global use isn’t declining. Falling demand in first world countries is more than offset by growth in developing countries. For example 20% annual growth in coal consumption by India, providing a rapidly growing market for QLD/NSW coal to more than offset any falling domestic demand and Chinese trading challenges.

Coal is still the likely the cheapest source of reliable electricity for most countries (non-hydro), beating out wind/solar renewables with grid scale storage.

Natural gas enables Peaking Gas power plants only used during periods of highest network demand and/or low renewables supply, allowing for far greater renewables deployment while maintaining grid supply and stability 24/365. As in the SA model it enables the transition from mostly coal to mostly renewables without the lights going out.

Mining arguably provides the largest source of income (outside of Govt social services) to many remote indigenous communities for land access rights granted under Indigenous Land Use Agreements re the Native Title Act. Unfortunately out-of-touch Rio Tinto and Santos have recently harmed the image of our mining and petroleum sectors re good indigenous relationships though.

But hey Netball, let’s shun a charitably high sponsorship deal for a minor semi-professional women’s sport to virtue signal, while continuing on with our very high personal and sport-related carbon footprints completely unchanged.

I note that BHP is the major sponsor our Women’s team with no complaints as yet?

Well, an (apparently) genuinely independent report on Australia's COVID responses is out. Does anyone know where to get a copy of the report itself?

"Australia’s response to COVID-19 exacerbated existing inequalities within the society, according to an independent review, which urges that “overreach” be avoided in dealing with future such crises.

Those bearing “the brunt” of the pandemic included low socio-economic families, women, children, those in aged care, people with disabilities, temporary migrants, and multicultural communities, the review says.

It says lockdowns and border closures should have been used less, schools kept open in the main, and older people better protected in an aged care system known to have pre-existing problems. Decision making was not transparent enough."

“Political calculation was never far from the surface of COVID-19 decisions”, and anyway, “it became clear that experts (both within and outside government) often differed in their advice”.

“It is neither realistic nor desirable to remove politics from decision-making in an accountable democracy.

"But the absence of transparency in the expert advice going to leaders helped mask political calculations.

Last edited:
In the weeks and months after the Omicron variant was first detected, policy and messaging shifted, recognising the growing body of evidence that vaccines were not as effective at preventing transmission for this variant.

Did it?

Please address the question below

Oh right, so which was the strain in April 2022 that the vaccine was still preventing infection for?

Did it?

Please address the question below
How about you address how society could be mostly back to nornal without the covid vaccine you have been campaigning against so heavily...

You were the biggest complainer about restrictions... but the only reason they have been able to be removed is because of the development of covax to protect most of us.

See the irony...

View attachment 1539500View attachment 1539501

You idiots are complaining that we should have known in March 2021 that vaccines weren't going to be as effective against a variant that didn't even f***ing exist until November 2021. I can't imagine how unfathomably stupid you would need to be to still not understand this, given the number of times it has been explained to you.

You’ve never actually posted the source for this data, but you probably should.

You are re-writing history with this narrative.

1. Public health officials and dickbag politicians were still pushing the idea that it stopped the spread WELL into Omicron. In some cases six months into it. Some mandates are still in place NOW! Nearly a year later.

2. Delta WAS the variant where it started to clearly emerge that the spread was rampant among the vaccinated.

Israel data through 2021 (they were way ahead with the rollout) showed it was doing a s**t and rapidly declining job as early as mid 2021.

Hence they were already on their third in July and then their fourth in November.

Read that again. Four doses before Omicron. Because of how bad it was at stopping Delta infection.

Israel were on four before Australia even mandated two, in some cases.

The Israel data was freely available all through 2021 — I referred to it many times in arguments against mandates last year.

From July 2021:

Pfizer and BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine is just 39% effective in Israel where the delta variant is the dominant strain.

The delta variant, already in more than 104 countries, is concerning health officials in the U.S. as they see more breakthrough infections, which occur in fully vaccinated people, even though they are more mild.

White House chief medical officer Dr. Anthony Fauci said fully vaccinated people might want to consider wearing masks indoors as a precaution against the rapidly spreading variant in the U.S.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about you address how society could be mostly back to nornal without the covid vaccine you have been campaigning against so heavily...

I will if you can show me one post where I’ve campaigned against the vaccines being freely available to any adult who chooses to have them.

Since you make this claim almost daily, it should be easy for you to find.

Toyota Australia may be bankrupted soon it they get a whopping fine for lying about their vehicle emissions.... ;)
I hope not as I want to emulate Geelong and have a major sponsor for 100 plus years. I think Ford commenced with Geelong in 1925 so not quite a 100 years but almost there and the longest sponsorship in sport.

''Oh What A Feeling''.

Last edited:
So SA Labor has it's open Sports Rorts and they aren't releasing any info as to why grants went to marginal seats and safe Labor seats.

As I said to all those carrying on about the Fed Libs, all parties do it, but I hope there is equal condemnation.

Thats not what one of the biggest polling firms has to say - Real Clear Politics.

The will pick up Nevada and are closing fast on Georgia as Walker destroyed Warnock in the recent debate and Pennsylvania - especially after Fetterman's performances recently - now there is a candidate totally unfit both policy wise and health wise to be running for senate. Even FiveThirtyEight which does things differently from Real Clear Politics currently has the senate 50-50 but that does not count for historical undercounting of the republican vote.

The repubs are likely to romp the house in

Real Clear Politics predicts Nevada and Georgia senate seats will fall to the republicans
Do you seriously not get it?
Any media about a MASSIVE red wave is being fed by Republicans and their oligarch funders.
They will then use it as their excuse to refuse to accept any results that go against them ( while happily endorsing their wins)
The authoritarian playbook.

They are saying this in PLAIN SIGHT?
Surely you get that?

It’s similar to how Trump announced, months before the 2020 election that it would be stolen.
They are just laying the groundwork again.

The MAGA no longer believe in the rule of law, they don’t want a democracy in America.
They want an authoritarian regime led by someone like Trump whose cruelty will know no bounds towards the poor and minorities while further lining the pockets of their rich Lords and Masters.

And his gullible MAGA followers, those in the lower echelons who have the most to lose are following him blindly to their personal detriment..

No social security until 75 years of age. Medicare to stop at 90 years of age.
Reversing Biden’s work to lower drug prices and so much more.

Think for a minute.
How would you feel if such a regime took hold in Australia?

Do you seriously not get it?
Any media about a MASSIVE red wave is being fed by Republicans and their oligarch funders.
They will then use it as their excuse to refuse to accept any results that go against them ( while happily endorsing their wins)
The authoritarian playbook.

They are saying this in PLAIN SIGHT?
Surely you get that?

It’s similar to how Trump announced, months before the 2020 election that it would be stolen.
They are just laying the groundwork again.

The MAGA no longer believe in the rule of law, they don’t want a democracy in America.
They want an authoritarian regime led by someone like Trump whose cruelty will know no bounds towards the poor and minorities while further lining the pockets of their rich Lords and Masters.

And his gullible MAGA followers, those in the lower echelons who have the most to lose are following him blindly to their personal detriment..

No social security until 75 years of age. Medicare to stop at 90 years of age.
Reversing Biden’s work to lower drug prices and so much more.

Think for a minute.
How would you feel if such a regime took hold in Australia?
You are a nut job..simple. the 'mainstream' media over there other than fox are card carrying democrat propaganda outlets..and if the likes of CNN and MSDNC are warning of a red wave, its not for shits and giggles at tgeir end.

Anyway, i'll take RealClearPolitics detailed analysis over your deranged rambling all day every day and twice on sundays

As for rule of law..everything you posted is total projection as its the democrats that have weaponisef the justice eepartment to take down its political opponents. Unfortunately for people oike you, the world has eyes and the democrats can say whatever they like, problem is people see what they are doing because its a lived experience. Hard to hide that stuff despite the media cabal trying its best along with a very corrupt FBI

You are a nut job..simple. the 'mainstream' media over there other than fox are card carrying democrat propaganda outlets..and if the likes of CNN and MSDNC are warning of a red wave, its not for shits and giggles at tgeir end.

Anyway, i'll take RealClearPolitics detailed analysis over your deranged rambling all day every day and twice on sundays

As for rule of law..everything you posted is total projection as its the democrats that have weaponisef the justice eepartment to take down its political opponents. Unfortunately for people oike you, the world has eyes and the democrats can say whatever they like, problem is people see what they are doing because its a lived experience. Hard to hide that stuff despite the media cabal trying its best along with a very corrupt FBI

Cringe. #downtherabbithole

I asked a question.
Would you like an authoritarian regime in Australia?
Pension and medicare not until 75.
No medicare after 90

Well, an (apparently) genuinely independent report on Australia's COVID responses is out. Does anyone know where to get a copy of the report itself?

"Australia’s response to COVID-19 exacerbated existing inequalities within the society, according to an independent review, which urges that “overreach” be avoided in dealing with future such crises.

Those bearing “the brunt” of the pandemic included low socio-economic families, women, children, those in aged care, people with disabilities, temporary migrants, and multicultural communities, the review says.

It says lockdowns and border closures should have been used less, schools kept open in the main, and older people better protected in an aged care system known to have pre-existing problems. Decision making was not transparent enough."

“Political calculation was never far from the surface of COVID-19 decisions”, and anyway, “it became clear that experts (both within and outside government) often differed in their advice”.

“It is neither realistic nor desirable to remove politics from decision-making in an accountable democracy.

"But the absence of transparency in the expert advice going to leaders helped mask political calculations.
The report is available here

I asked a question.
Would you like an authoritarian regime in Australia?
Pension and medicare not until 75.
No medicare after 90
Lol..what about a country where the police are defunded and demonised, one where there is no cash bail allowing criminals carte blanch to reoffend, what about one where we get upward of 2 million new faces every year coming in needing housing, food, jobs, medical support, some bringing in drugs, crime etc - all to be paid for, what about one where the federal enforcement agency is directed to go after its political opponents for thought crimes..yes, lots of things to not like about the states - most of it brought in by the blue side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back