Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

This club is broken (again). Just pay him out and be done with it.

A complete clean-out is needed (again). Him, the assistants, Kelly, Silvers, Olsen and Ogilvie can all pack their bags.
If you don’t start with Roo, then don’t bother.

Incredible the club felt the need to give him a 2 year extension before seeing how we would go this season.

If the season continues to derail, heads must roll at the club as there was no need to rush the decision.

The directors should pay any early payout out of their own pockets... rather than putting up our membership prices.

the issue is broader than Nicks

the club promises an elite program but we have the worst assistant coaches in the comp

Scott Burns is a deadset fraud, our defence was poo last couple of years and now he has taken our forwards from ranked first to last over one pre-season

then their is VB, he was vanilla as a player and our midfield is vanilla as an entire unit

let’s not forget we couldn’t even bring in a top line assistant last year because we didn’t want to pay someone more than Burns who is a total fraud

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Extending Nicks so early in this season will go down as one of this club's worst decisions.

1 The Camp
2 Tippet
3 Trading out Modra
4 Extending Matthew Nicks

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Completely unacceptable and he will be deservingly feeling the heat now. Major questions need to be asked as to how out of form and confidence the majority of the group are. I didn’t think you were too far off the first fortnight, but this is a major, major regression.
You seem like a nice bloke. Can you stop trying to find upsides with Nicks now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Nicks take any responsibility for this start or will he just continue his Classic Crows mantra and blame the players?

He has always put blame on the players.

The players are not playing for him. There is no coming back from this. The team is not going to magically just turn this around. He staked this list on finals and has failed miserably. So he can't all of a sudden start debuting guys. He is and always has been not the right coach to move us beyond the rebuild years. Some of us recognised it by 2021. Yet the ****ed up happy clappers got this fraud a new contract because they have no idea bout football. What a ******* basket case this club is.

You seem like a nice bloke. Can you stop trying to find upsides with Nicks now?

What can I say. I thought he had made some progress (along with the team last year)… but this is an (obviously) major step back. The lack of confidence that is evident is alarming, whatever he has done over preseason has been a complete failure.

Back