List Mgmt. Mav Weller rumoured to possibly soon be picked up in near-ish future, maybe (bumped thread alert!)

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a bunch of players training with us, doesn't mean they are going to be signed.
Think it started with my tweet joking around on Twitter with other Saints fans, but then that off season page caught on and they post anything (You know big Daniel Currie won the Sandy B&F), didn’t intend for it to go that far. (Assuming they got it from my tweet).

to get Weller, and of course upgrade Curren, we will have to delist 2 players. Saad and who else?

I tend to think that one of TDL, Dunnel, Maister and maybe Milera (if the rumors about him are true) could go. Not because they are bad but because they might just not be as good as the potential we could bring to the club.

Haven't noticed Maister in any of the photos/videos shouldn't he be back training considering only his 3rd year at the club? Or does it include his time at West Coast?

Haven't noticed Maister in any of the photos/videos shouldn't he be back training considering only his 3rd year at the club? Or does it include his time at West Coast?

Includes all years mate.

It sounds like he is super-keen to come to our club so we should really get behind him if he comes and make him feel welcome. It didn't seem as if he was getting much love up north. If he is the 'confidence player' that he is alleged to be, a positive environment might be just what is needed for him to reach his potential.

Weller tipped to become a Saint

ST KILDA’S head of football Chris Pelchen is making all the moves despite the club not having a coach and his first since the sacking of Scott Watters is likely to be to recruit ex-Gold Coast midfielder Maverick Weller as a delisted free agent.
Weller, who has met with the Saints this week, is tipped to sign with St Kilda on Friday.
There has been significant interest in Weller from Essendon, Melbourne and Hawthorn but the Saints appeal to Weller more given the opportunities available in the Saints midfield.
The Saints are also thinking about a left field recruit with former Richmond and Hawthorn forward Carl Peterson joining the club’s training regime in a bid to impress in the lead up to next month’s AFL rookie draft.
The Saints may look to take a chance on the indigenous forward who left the game citing some off-field issues.

http://www.footballnation.com.au/afl/afl-clubs/weller-tipped-to-become-a-saint/

It sounds like he is super-keen to come to our club so we should really get behind him if he comes and make him feel welcome. It didn't seem as if he was getting much love up north. If he is the 'confidence player' that he is alleged to be, a positive environment might be just what is needed for him to reach his potential.

More often than not, players pull their ego's in at their second club as their on their last chance..

Great catch of Mad dog clipping Collins in front of the animal enclosure.. those were the days..:)

His cousin lives in Bentleigh, & proudly wears the R, B & W & the no 32 on the back of his wheelchair..

More often than not, players pull their ego's in at their second club as their on their last chance..

Great catch of Mad dog clipping Collins in front of the animal enclosure.. those were the days..:)

His cousin lives in Bentleigh, & proudly wears the R, B & W & the no 32 on the back of his wheelchair..

I've seen that bloke already! :D

I know that bloke. Didn't know it was Bobby's cuz. See him on the Franga train a few times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know that bloke. Didn't know it was Bobby's cuz. See him on the Franga train a few times.
Twenty years back, i use to have a clothing store selling AFL apparel in Bentleigh..
So him & his mates would drop in, loves the Sainters..who can blame him..

307403.jpg

307406.jpg

307408.jpg

Cause one persons opinion means the world....but if he checks his ego at the door then we get a steal....worth the risk and hey if we get Choco then he'll get the kid in line
It's the quote "shocking foot skills" that's my biggest concern. We don't need another butcher, we're too far off the pace already.

What's the last day we can pick up delisted free agents?
Wednesday 13 November - Gillette AFL delisted player free agency period (1) closes; out-of-contract listed AFL primary list players draft nomination form and player Request for Removal from list form lodged with AFL; new or expired (after 3 years) draft nomination form lodgement; nomination of Activation of Compensatory selections held by Clubs as determined in 2012 only under the GWS Giants list establishment rules.

Good pick up if it gets done, for mine.

Can we convince him to do a Beau Maister and change his first name, though? Bloody new age parents and their "interesting" non-conformist naming! :D

I tend to think that one of TDL, Dunnel, Maister and maybe Milera (if the rumors about him are true) could go. Not because they are bad but because they might just not be as good as the potential we could bring to the club.

Dunnel and Maister stay. TDL or Milera...hmm. I say keep TDL, he's got more to offer and Milera well he wants to leave anyway. Plus he almost single handedly destroyed our forward defence when ever he played and he didn't improve this year.
If I had to choose between Weller and Millera... Weller by a mile. He could become a good player.

Milera has said more than once he wants to go home. He's not even very good, can't understand why he is playing games with the club.

Pay him out and get rid of him, then!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back