MCDFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: MCDFL - Part 3

I believe that Dunolly are after a new coach as Woodward got sacked. I have no details as to why this is, but it's not a good start to the new year for the club. Can anyone shed light on the details?? Who would take over? Sanders or Stewart again?

I believe that Dunolly are after a new coach as Woodward got sacked. I have no details as to why this is, but it's not a good start to the new year for the club. Can anyone shed light on the details?? Who would take over? Sanders or Stewart again?

I saw him new years day and he was still appointed then, although wasnt overly confident with how things were progressing at the club during pre-season. Big blow for Dunolly at this stage of the year.

wot news fellers on the 3 new clubs. has fisher got his club up and firing or is it too early to say with the xmas and new year festivities still with us for all 3 newbies ??

Saw fisher & a fair few Lexton boys running around the lake in B'rat last night so they're obviously keen to get the season underway. They have a lot to live up to with all the hype everyone's creating. ;)

Why did he leave Avoca? I thought he resigned. Big call by him to take on the Dunolly role, you would have thought he had done all he could in this league.

One would have thought so Rich. Money talks however as we all know,but he did use to play there i guess.

The only thing that would drive Tony to make the move is to be part of a flag.. Pride is a bigger motivator than money and I'd imagine he would still have a big desire to coach or play in a flag merely to prove a point to all the doubting thomas'.

My guess is if he coaches it'll be a sign that the eagles will be near the mark in 2011.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much damage mate? Im out of the country at the moment so am a bit out of the loop, are the insurance companies coming to the party? I heard not all are.

Not too bad, We had a great roll up of people who cleaned up the mess in about 4 hours. All of the doors are swelled up and split and the cupboards are all knackered. Carpet in one room had to be ripped up but apart from that, it was not too bad. It didn;t get high enough to do any damage to photos, honour boards, etc.

Most of the damage was to the park surrounds.

Outer fence demolished, 150 metres of footy oval fence demolished and the scoreboard is a wreck. Tennis court fence along the back was also stuffed.

A bit of damage to the netball court also.

Don't think the insurance will cover it?

Avoca footy website has some photos which will give you some idea of the damage. www.avocafc.vcfl.com.au

We are pretty lucky really when you compare the damage to what has happened to Newbridge who have lost their clubrooms completely.
http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au...ewbridge-football-ground-in-ruin/2048667.aspx
Carisbrook rooms also got inundated, but not sure of the damage left behind. Heard Natte rooms may have took some water also, but that hasn't been confirmed???

Not too bad, We had a great roll up of people who cleaned up the mess in about 4 hours. All of the doors are swelled up and split and the cupboards are all knackered. Carpet in one room had to be ripped up but apart from that, it was not too bad. It didn;t get high enough to do any damage to photos, honour boards, etc.

Most of the damage was to the park surrounds.

Outer fence demolished, 150 metres of footy oval fence demolished and the scoreboard is a wreck. Tennis court fence along the back was also stuffed.

A bit of damage to the netball court also.

Don't think the insurance will cover it?

Avoca footy website has some photos which will give you some idea of the damage. www.avocafc.vcfl.com.au

We are pretty lucky really when you compare the damage to what has happened to Newbridge who have lost their clubrooms completely.
http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au...ewbridge-football-ground-in-ruin/2048667.aspx
Carisbrook rooms also got inundated, but not sure of the damage left behind. Heard Natte rooms may have took some water also, but that hasn't been confirmed???

Had a look at the rooms at Brook Yesterday, Water was midway up the bar area, and the carpet in the change rooms and bar has had to be torn up unfortunately, not sure exactly how much damage was caused, time will tell ! Could be worse, was speaking to Clunes President, they have lost all premiership photos, fridges and Training footy's, as well as there new Netball Courts being damaged ! puts a team behind the 8 ball going into season 2011 !! Thank god nobody was hurt though !

Firstly sorry to hear about the floods that have ruined your footy rooms and grounds guys. Now i am a long time follower of the LPFL and was wondering who you people think will be right up there this year in the MCDFL? After watching the LPFL from day dot i cant go past a Lexton Navarre grand final. I think this is a very realistic chance any thoughts?

Firstly sorry to hear about the floods that have ruined your footy rooms and grounds guys. Now i am a long time follower of the LPFL and was wondering who you people think will be right up there this year in the MCDFL? After watching the LPFL from day dot i cant go past a Lexton Navarre grand final. I think this is a very realistic chance any thoughts?

I only seen a few LPFL games, And to be quite honest i thought the standard of football was extremely similar to the MCDFL (I never saw Skipton play however). There entering a new league, new Territory and things just wont happen ! I would be extremely suprised if both play off in a grand final, not saying its impossible, but the likes of Brook,Rovers,Newstead,Maldon and the rest wont be pushovers... thats for sure !!

For Discussion....
Grand Finalists - Brook Vs Navarre - Rovers there abouts also
League B&F- J Mac if he comes
Big Improvers - Newstead
Best of the Newcomers -Navarre
Wooden Spoon-Royal Park
Biggest Slider- Avoca
Top 6- Brook,Navarre,Maldon,Newstead,Lexton,Rovers, - top 8 hard to pick !!

I only seen a few LPFL games, And to be quite honest i thought the standard of football was extremely similar to the MCDFL (I never saw Skipton play however). There entering a new league, new Territory and things just wont happen ! I would be extremely suprised if both play off in a grand final, not saying its impossible, but the likes of Brook,Rovers,Newstead,Maldon and the rest wont be pushovers... thats for sure !!

For Discussion....
Big Improvers - Newstead
Wooden Spoon-Royal Park
Biggest Slider- Avoca

If rovers are to be there abouts also surely they would have to pick up a few, any word if they have Brookers?

For Discussion....
Big Improvers - Newstead
Wooden Spoon-Royal Park
Biggest Slider- Avoca

Grand Finalists - Newstead v Lexton
League B&F- D. Christmas
Big Improvers - Dunolly if Macnamee returns with reinforcements, if not Harcourt
Best of the Newcomers -Lexton; Fisher did a good job with the Borough so should keep them up and about
Wooden Spoon-Royal Park
Biggest Slider- Avoca
Top 6- Lexton, Newstead, Navarre, Brook, Maldon, Rovers, Dunolly, Harcourt

Others thoughts? Feel free to pick mine apart, as it is very quiet on here with pre seasons well and truly underway.

Looking across the beautiful green grass of the Newstead recreation reserve before Christmas and the Roos are looking like being quite a tall side in 2011!

Grand Finalists- Newstead V Dunolly
League B&F- Steven Ross
Big Improvers- Dunolly and Newstead
Best of the Newcomers- Navarre
Wooden Spoon- Royal Park
Biggest Slider- Avoca
Top 8- Navarre, Newstead, Dunolly, Lexton, Carisbrook, Natte, Maldon, Rovers

Grand Finalists- Lexton V Navarre
League B&F- Paul Phillips
Big Improvers- Don't know