Opinion MEbank accounts

Remove this Banner Ad

nobulltiger

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Have just done some comparisons, not sure how these sorts of business survive when there's always someone offering better.

Who here has account with them and willing to share some positive stories?

I'm only interested because of there relationship with RFC, obviously.

I'm sure someone can comment ?

There's probably a few of you with a mebank account that's got direct payments going to jeep? surely?

Will the man or woman with the direct debit payments from mebank to jeep please stand up.

I'm not really sure whats your question? They operate like any normal building society bank so the only thing you need to consider is what type of account ie normal everyday account for wages or a high interest or a home loan. Just check out the interest rates and compare to others, so do your homework.

I'm not really sure whats your question? They operate like any normal building society bank so the only thing you need to consider is what type of account ie normal everyday account for wages or a high interest or a home loan. Just check out the interest rates and compare to others, so do your homework.

All of the above

+ any benefits for richmond members? (no such thing as a dumb question)

All of the above

+ any benefits for richmond members? (no such thing as a dumb question)

Ah I see what your asking. I wouldn't think so but then again remember you can negotiate interest rates these days so haggle your arse of mate. Ring them and ask I say! Stig any input?

Ah I see what your asking. I wouldn't think so but then again remember you can negotiate interest rates these days so haggle your arse of mate. Ring them and ask I say! Stig any input?

What interest rates are you referring to? I wont be after any loans any time soon and hopefully never will. Interest earning accounts however, when they become worth having again, if in our life time, is of interest and not so sure if they are ever negotiable?

Have just done some comparisons, not sure how these sorts of business survive when there's always someone offering better.

Who here has account with them and willing to share some positive stories?

I'm only interested because of there relationship with RFC, obviously.

I have an everyday transaction account and an online savings account with me bank.

The only reason I have them is because they sponsor Richmond.

It`s pretty much the same as other banks I guess, although I don`t think they have branches.

The only problem I`ve had is once on a Sunday I tried to transfer funds but the phone and internet banking both weren`t working, I then rang to speak to someone but the call centre was closed, they`re only open Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturday 9am to 5pm (AEST), but it rectified itself after about an hour.

Apart from that they`re pretty good, there are no monthly account keeping fees and you get free ATM withdrawals at Westpac, me bank, St. George, Bank of Melbourne and Bank SA ATM`s, and can withdraw or deposit at the post office for a small fee.

You get a lime, silver or pink Master card debit card.

At the moment they`re offering a $50 bonus if you open an everyday transaction account.

"Open an EveryDay Transaction Account by 9 December 2013 and you could receive a $50 bonus.
It’s simple: just make three purchases of $10 or more by pressing ‘credit’ with your Debit MasterCard in the first 30 days of opening your account. PayPass transactions are included"

What interest rates are you referring to? I wont be after any loans any time soon and hopefully never will. Interest earning accounts however, when they become worth having again, if in our life time, is of interest and not so sure if they are ever negotiable?

So... if not a home loan, maybe interest saver. I'm sure you can check out their rates. Im not sure the point of the thread then.......

So... if not a home loan, maybe interest saver. I'm sure you can check out their rates. Im not sure the point of the thread then.......

Of course interest save, can they be negotiable?

The point is to get those with mebank to talk about there experience. Also, i have done comparisons as stated in the thread and doesn't seem to be a point to have a mebank account.

Maybe if mebank read bigfooty, they will see this and be more competitive? Also maybe RFC members will receive an email with a good offer, like a 12% interest earning savings account?

Wishful thinking.

There's just about no good bank to be with atm. Basically getting the inflation rate for savings.

Buuut that's what we get when all the politicians/bankers assets are all tied up in the housing market ay!

Annyyyyway....I have a first home savers account with ME Bank, which I got just before the financial year. Haven't noticed a problem. Only reason I got it was because the government chuck in an extra grand per year plus the standard interest rate of 3.25ish% (Which you don't have to pay tax on).

I have since decided it is probably not the right time to buy a house in australia given that:

http://www.whocrashedtheeconomy.com.au/blog/household-debt/
And have put my assets into, 15% gold, 55% australian and world indecies, 5% bonds and 25% in cash. The cash component is held in commonwealth bank goal saver account and I've got some in that ME bank account, which I cant access until I buy a house!!

Errrgghhhhhhhh who brought up banks and money!!! :mad:

Me Bank are ok but don't really have anything that justifies leaving your existing bank probably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course interest save, can they be negotiable?

The point is to get those with mebank to talk about there experience. Also, i have done comparisons as stated in the thread and doesn't seem to be a point to have a mebank account.

Maybe if mebank read bigfooty, they will see this and be more competitive? Also maybe RFC members will receive an email with a good offer, like a 12% interest earning savings account?

Wishful thinking.

haha 12%!! we would have the government come running! I would have gone to me bank( as a union member) but went with another building society only because they had fee free transactions. however since the change in the way atm fees are calculated and you get charged at the time, at the atm, it all changed. So in my experience they wouldn't be that much different than any other bank. The only thing you have to consider is if you really need to go into a bank for teller service then a traditional bank might be right for you. if not, then do all your banking via the internet and figure out which atm's give you fee free banking. Most banks are aligned to a group for this.

There's no direct benefit for Richmond members, but they do offer the cheapest home loan rate in the market (I'm fairly sure) and a great Everyday Transaction Account with a bonus upon opening it up and no account keeping fees http://www.mebank.com.au/eta-$124/homepage/?CampaignID=ETA_MEWEB_0913

You also have access to the Westpac ATM network free of charge :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back