News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately neither Simmo or Longmuir are as precious as Bevo to trigger such an outcome.
Media here reveal team changes early without anyone even batting an eyelid lol.
No i mean if he keep it up, someone might air his dirty laundry (if he has any).

I have no words. To say this guy has an incredibly unhealthy obsession would be an understatement.
It’s not an obsession, it’s low grade trolling because people don’t like him. The journalistic equivalent of an incel. There’s not even a vaguely justifiable connection between the content and image.

I could sit down and give you weeks of similar options with barely the need to activate a brain cell. Harley’s head on the Predator: Harley ready to hunt the opposition. Harley in a Spider-Man costume: Eagles’ young Marvel. Harley’s head on the Rock’s body: Harley lays the smack down.

And Jakeb, if I see any of these in the next week, you’re stealing my bit.

Last edited:
I've once again put too much work in for the level of good faith discussion you get on Twitter...BUT:

In light of the 'travel isn't that much of a disadvantage because of business class' crap, I've seen the rearing of the 'you get true home ground advantage' talking point. It's always been nonsense, because it always conveniently ignores that for every true HGA a non-Vic gets, there's a true away ground disadvantage, and also ignores the fact that plenty of Vic games are with a true HGA.

So, I've put together a simple system. A true home game (West Coast vs St Kilda) is a +1, a neutral game (West Coast vs Fremantle) is 0, and a true away game (West Coast @ St Kilda) is a -1.

For shared grounds, eg Collingwood vs Melbourne, that's a 0. For Collingwood away at Marvel, that's a -1, (even though they host games there sometimes, I've been so ****ing generous here).

Flirted with making neutrals a 0.5, because you've got no travel and no disruptions, but then that would completely and utterly destroy all the Vic talking points so thought I'd be generous and keep it a simple 0.

2024 season 'true home ground advantage' ladder.
+2: Geelong, North Melbourne
(no surprises here, as heaps of neutral games plus a bespoke HGA in GEE or TAS).

+1: Adelaide, Port Adelaide (thanks, Gather Round)

0: West Coast, Freo, Sydney, GWS, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn, Melbourne

-1: Carlton, Western Bulldogs
(I counted Carlton as both MCG and Marvel, which hit them with plenty of neutrals. Dogs lost multiple -1s to 'away' games at the G)

-2: Richmond, St Kilda
(Richmond with some -1s at Marvel and a trip to Geelong, St Kilda with some -1s at the MCG and a trip to Tassie. Tough life.)

Barring Gather Round, all the non-Vics come away with a neutral 0, because for every great HGA, they lose it immediately the next week. Nearly 80% of clubs are neutral and above, with only four of the 10 Vic clubs getting the 'disadvantage', all of which are borne out of one too many -1s at Marvel or the MCG, one train stop down the road.

God forbid I make neutrals 0.5: the non-Vics make up the entire bottom eight, with North/Geelong/Essendon/Colingwood/Hawthorn leading the pack.

In short, get ****ed campaigners.

Wouldn't most AFL players travel business class because of their heights and size?
They only have a few business class seats on the plane, they just go on the normal Virgin flights that go wherever.

I was on a plane with the GWS boys when they went back to Sydney after playing us earlier in the year, they had the main guys like Hogan, Green, etc up in the few business class seats and all the non-stars sitting scattered among the rest of the plane.
Id imagine the West Coast guys do something similar

We do charter flights. It’s a normal virgin plane with a few rows of premium economy at the front. Gov, TB and the senior boys are up the front and as you go back you get down to the first years then the support staff. Very hierarchical. This business class rubbish in the media is total bullshit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charter flights, normal plane.
Schofield brought up on his that there isn't even 12 business class seats on the planes used anymore.
So we don't even get our allocated number.

*fewer kilometres
Ireland Simpsons Fans on X: @SkyNewsBreak Corbs right now  https://t.co/NYzSSOzCF9 / X

I’ll keep repeating it until … until I don’t need to.

Pav and Kade Simpson played about 350 and 340 games respectively. One travelled about 840K km, the other about 120K km. You figure out which was which.

Of course it has no effect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back