Game Day Melbourne Demons v St Kilda- GDT 28/4/2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin up lads. Feel heartbroken after that loss, but I loved the intensity and passion. Has to be a benchmark for our season.

Another bloody loss I'm getting mighty sick of this. No chance for a win now until GWS in round 13 and that's pathetic for a club that had so many top draft picks and has languished at the bottom since 2007!

Davey has also given us nothing

In fairness, Davey's effort was at least an improvement on last week - which was an improvement on his previous game.

But he certainly still went missing on and off, I think.

Another bloody loss I'm getting mighty sick of this. No chance for a win now until GWS in round 13 and that's pathetic for a club that had so many top draft picks and has languished at the bottom since 2007!

Every week is a chance if they play like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of s**t.

Watts really needs to stand up in games like this.

Great four quarter effort but the inability to break through the press in the last is of some concern.

Definitely the most enjoyable game to watch thus far. I don't want to admit it was because the weather nullified the impact of the silky skilled players and evened up the ledger, but it kind of did.

Pretty sure I'll be leaving you all soon because of something in the Bay, so thought I'd take the chance to say I was hugely proud of the boys today, they did a credit to the jumper. Filthy on the umpires, but couldn't be more happy with the way we played, ran their ****ing guts out all night long.

Pretty sure I'll be leaving you all soon because of something in the Bay, so thought I'd take the chance to say I was hugely proud of the boys today, they did a credit to the jumper. Filthy on the umpires, but couldn't be more happy with the way we played, ran their ****ing guts out all night long.

Gave it 5 stars none the less. :thumbsu::D

In fairness, Davey's effort was at least an improvement on last week - which was an improvement on his previous game.

But he certainly still went missing on and off, I think.
Mate, he simply has no body. There is no amount of idol running around, pretending to go up for marking contest like a charlatan and delivering late smothers that compensates for this.

We had about 10 kids prepared to die for the coach tonight and Davey shirks contest after contest. I'll pay my dues to him over his career but how can Neeld ask for hardness from the boys when Davey is running around? He isn't a footballer any more he's a rodeo clown - send him to Mt Isa.

Sellar did a whole lot of nothing as well besides some relief rucking in the 2nd half that Dunn could have done.

As a group we took a big step forward tonight though.:thumbsu:

Mate, he simply has no body. There is no amount of idol running around, pretending to go up for marking contest like a charlatan and delivering late smothers that compensates for this.

We had about 10 kids prepared to die for the coach tonight and Davey shirks contest after contest. I'll pay my dues to him over his career but how can Neeld ask for hardness from the boys when Davey is running around? He isn't a footballer any more he's a rodeo clown - send him to Mt Isa.

Sellar did a whole lot of nothing as well besides some relief rucking in the 2nd half that Dunn could have done.

As a group we took a big step forward tonight though.:thumbsu:

Sorry RnB but did you watch the game at all? Davey went in hard for the ball quite a lot tonight and his effort was right up.

Sellar competed well but it wasn't the night for big blokes.

Tom McDonald was very good on Riewoldt but he's got putrid disposal.

Jonesy is just an absolute champion.

Every week is a chance if they play like that.

Hell yeah mate.

The intensity and workrate tonight went to another level even from last week. And our ball-use for most of the game was as good as it's been in a very, very long time.

Sadly, we just ran out of gas in the dying stages of this one. But we're only going to improve in that regard as well.

I'm feeling far more optimistic now than I have in months.

Hell yeah mate.

The intensity and workrate tonight went to another level even from last week. And our ball-use for most of the game was as good as it's been in a very, very long time.

Sadly, we just ran out of gas in the dying stages of this one. But we're only going to improve in that regard as well.

I'm feeling far more optimistic now than I have in months.

Same. You can't pick much wrong with the effort tonight. Just let down by a couple of players and disposal yet again.

Sorry RnB but did you watch the game at all? Davey went in hard for the ball quite a lot tonight and his effort was right up.
Watched every minute.

Davey tries but has no impact. He chases and corales and in space can do a nice precision pass but tonight he had to use his body at contests and he didn't. Some of his attemps at spoils in the air were embarrasing.

Sellar competed well but it wasn't the night for big blokes.
The wet didn't help, I agree. Should have been subbed instead of Dunn IMO.

In any case guys we can all dissect the game over in the Review thread as this thread is now a wrap.

Thanks all for contributing and thanks Wonna33 for a great job.:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back