Melbourne Victory in sight as Kewell looks to head home

Remove this Banner Ad

I see no problem with the FFA ensuring they get a massive crowd for one of marquee fixtures- all other leagues reschedule games for international call ups and this is kind of similar... Especially if Sydney get Emerton.
Are they going to reschedule Adelaide Uniteds if Vidosic gets a call up or McKain? I doubt it.

Are they going to reschedule Adelaide Uniteds if Vidosic gets a call up or McKain? I doubt it.

Will Vidisic or McKain be the difference between a 20k or 40k+ crowd thus ensuring the cash strapped league gets more cash? I doubt it.

I'm not denying there's a double standard here, but when the league is fighting for the publics attention everything should be done to ensure it gets it.

Will Vidisic or McKain be the difference between a 20k or 40k+ crowd thus ensuring the cash strapped league gets more cash? I doubt it.

I'm not denying there's a double standard here, but when the league is fighting for the publics attention everything should be done to ensure it gets it.
It is really a problem both ways. They are seen to be favouring sides on one foot, but also trying to help grow the sport on the other. People will bitch if they favour, people will bitch if Kewell isn't there.

It looks likely that Brett Emerton is going to sign with Sydney FC today. Straight from the Premier League to the A League. This season is going to be awesome.

Troll much?

Kewell commercially has Emmo covered by a country mile.

Emmo will arguably have kewell covered performance wise though.

Emmo won't be going to Sydney this season though, all the reports are sh1t, still required at Blackburn.

Ok, so it seems I was wrong... good get by Sydney if reports of press release today are true.

why did emmo leave blackburn?

whats the word from sydney fc forums? are they happy? anyone saying "we never wanted kewell"?

Have been reading the Blackburn forums and it came as a surprise to most of their supporters, seems as though he requested and his contract was terminated by mutual consent. Nothing has come out of Blackburn officially though.

They cannot understand why Kean would have let him go for nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have been reading the Blackburn forums and it came as a surprise to most of their supporters, seems as though he requested and his contract was terminated by mutual consent. Nothing has come out of Blackburn officially though.

They cannot understand why Kean would have let him go for nothing.

I think it's to do wit their wage bill, they've been wanting to slash it for a while.

Interesting stats:
In the last 3 seasons, Harry made 90 club appearances, with 34 goals and 20 assists. (21 of those at European level, with 10 scored and 5 assists). Internationally 16 games with 4 goals.
Emmo made 83 club appearances, with 10 goals and 14 assists. Internationally 17 games with 2 goals.

Interesting stats:
In the last 3 seasons, Harry made 90 club appearances, with 34 goals and 20 assists. (21 of those at European level, with 10 scored and 5 assists). Internationally 16 games with 4 goals.
Emmo made 83 club appearances, with 10 goals and 14 assists. Internationally 17 games with 2 goals.

Lets compare goalscoring eh?

I guess both those players have scored more goals than Peter Schmeichel

Or how about in AFL Terms: James Frawley with that Eljay Connors?:rolleyes:

Lets compare goalscoring eh?

I guess both those players have scored more goals than Peter Schmeichel

Or how about in AFL Terms: James Frawley with that Eljay Connors?:rolleyes:

I think the games played is more the point here given everyone thinks Kewell will spend more time in the injury room.

I think the games played is more the point here given everyone thinks Kewell will spend more time in the injury room.
61 League games in the last 3 seasons v Emertons 74. Cup games, Kewell has played 6 to Emmo's 9. Kewell has played 21 European games, Emerton has not had a chance. Basically in a league where they play 34 games a season, Kewell has played under half that once. Emerton got close with 20 out of 38 once.

However while they have played a similar amount of games over the last 3 seasons, Kewell's missing games have been due to soft tissue type injuries. Emerton's are generally impact ones, such as the one against Boro that put him out from the End of January to the Start of October. 5 months of football (half a season)

Agree that the difference in injuries is important- soft tissue obviously more concerning than impact (Emmo has had soft tissue in the past too I might add).

However the total of games is the total of games. Doesn't matter whether they're cup, league, Eurpope etc- when it comes to A-League it's just league matches. The gap between matches is normally 7 days meaning Kewell is unlikely (touch wood) to miss as many as he would for someone like Gala who have 40-50 games a season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back