Gym & Misc Member Profiles - Post yours!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sensational mate, really looking the goods!

A mate of mine is doing physique and has his sports science degree and a working PT and he is big on implementing bouts of short cardio during your weight training. Example - I trained with him Friday and we were doing:
1km 4min tready run - 1 arm/1 chest/1 back -
500mtr run 1 min 50 - 1 tri/ 1 back/ 3 x12 dip -
1km tready run 4min - 1 shoulder/ 3x 8 chin up/ 3 x 15 push up -
500mtr run 1 min 50 - 1 arm/ 1 shoulder/ 1 chest ( flys )
2km warm down run 9 min

It was as tough as tough a session I can remember doing, even changing it up with different training styles can have such a good impact on your body.

I took a progress pic this morning, will post.

Thanks, i'm happy the abs are starting to come through.

Yeah that would definitely chew threw the calories. I seem to 'enjoy' the walk before work and fits in well with my schedule, but definitely need to keep in the sprint session and run on Tuesday and Thursdays, i may even add in another sprint/job Sunday morning (if i need to crunch some calories)

Good stuff, you've leaned out through the stomach. The area a few inches above and below the belly button all the way around is the the tricky part, for me my legs hold in body fat too (although i've never been consistently sub 10% BF to know how my legs lean out).

How did you go over the weekend with cheat meals/day...? You should look at doing some resistance AB workouts/exercises to develop some ab muscles to show through. Check out a bloke on facebook called Absatcker, he is a friend of a friend of mine and recently did a 101 videos of ab exercises so will give you some ideas. His story is pretty motivating too.

Sensational mate, really looking the goods!

A mate of mine is doing physique and has his sports science degree and a working PT and he is big on implementing bouts of short cardio during your weight training. Example - I trained with him Friday and we were doing:
1km 4min tready run - 1 arm/1 chest/1 back -
500mtr run 1 min 50 - 1 tri/ 1 back/ 3 x12 dip -
1km tready run 4min - 1 shoulder/ 3x 8 chin up/ 3 x 15 push up -
500mtr run 1 min 50 - 1 arm/ 1 shoulder/ 1 chest ( flys )
2km warm down run 9 min
Those are killer. The other day after every set there was 45 seconds sprint on the rower. I was a mess afterwards. Was probably a bit too much, but it's a solid idea.

Those are killer. The other day after every set there was 45 seconds sprint on the rower. I was a mess afterwards. Was probably a bit too much, but it's a solid idea.

Yeah mate, brilliant for burning calories though.

Just a quick update;

I have my cousins wedding on this weekend. Hitting 80% of my protein intake before the ceremony and will enjoy the meals at the wedding but not drinking. I set myself a mini goal of being 85kg on the day of the wedding, this morning i weighed in at 84.6kg so happy with progress (aim will be to close to 84kg come Monday).

I had a meeting last Monday night with Scott Goble, one of the better amateur bodybuilders in Aus, discussed all things from macros, training to tanning. So feeling more confidence as i go. Next mini goal is the end of my 8 week challenge in 3 and a bit weeks and to weight in sub at 82kg which would be an overall loss of 8kg in that time. If i weigh in around 80kg two weeks out (mid may) i can trial a carb load that is incentive enough to grind out the next 6 weeks to do a 400-500g carb load.

I started a new program last week, where I'm squatting, deadlifting and benching 3x per week.

First session maxes were -
Squat - 80kg x 5
Deadlift - 120kg x 3
Bench - 80kg x 5

Today's workout -
Squat - 100kg x 4
Deadlift - 140kg x 3
Bench - 90kg x 4

I'm doing 6 working sets of each exercise. Those maxes are generally for 4-5 sets (except deadlift where I went for broke on my last set).

Jut posting some numbers here so I can see how much I'm progressing and if it's worth persisting with. The current weights from today are equalling previous PB's only a week and a bit into it. Except squat, but that's because I stopped squatting altogether during my season over summer.

Another week into the carb reduced paleo inspired diet and I'm still
Improving which is great.. It's probably slowed a little but still happy! First pic was 5 weeks ago when I started, the 2nd was this morning.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 18
Another week into the carb reduced paleo inspired diet and I'm still
Improving which is great.. It's probably slowed a little but still happy! First pic was 5 weeks ago when I started, the 2nd was this morning.

Good stuff, build up some abdominal muscles and get them popping!

How are the cheat weekends going or not going? :p

Good stuff, build up some abdominal muscles and get them popping!

How are the cheat weekends going or not going? :p

Yeah, I want to lose a little more fat then I am going to start smashing abs in most work outs. My cardio is strong, strength training is solid but need to implement abs.

Struggling on weekends mate lol

Yeah, I want to lose a little more fat then I am going to start smashing abs in most work outs. My cardio is strong, strength training is solid but need to implement abs.

Struggling on weekends mate lol

I'd start doing abs now, no point getting to optimal body fat levels and having under developed ABS then try to get them. I'd start doing 3-4 sets x 10 reps of weighted ab work now.

Haha well as long as you are still losing weight no need to worry about the weekends just yet. But if your weight loss stalls you know where to cut back!

Just a quick update;

I have my cousins wedding on this weekend. Hitting 80% of my protein intake before the ceremony and will enjoy the meals at the wedding but not drinking. I set myself a mini goal of being 85kg on the day of the wedding, this morning i weighed in at 84.6kg so happy with progress (aim will be to close to 84kg come Monday).

I had a meeting last Monday night with Scott Goble, one of the better amateur bodybuilders in Aus, discussed all things from macros, training to tanning. So feeling more confidence as i go. Next mini goal is the end of my 8 week challenge in 3 and a bit weeks and to weight in sub at 82kg which would be an overall loss of 8kg in that time. If i weigh in around 80kg two weeks out (mid may) i can trial a carb load that is incentive enough to grind out the next 6 weeks to do a 400-500g carb load.

Another quick update;

So i managed to push through Easter without going all out on hot cross buns and chocolate. I was away with family and friends over the long weekend, so plenty of temptation but stuck 95% to my diet, removed a serving of rice dropped some fats which allowed a hot cross bun and a couple of small chocolates. I weighed in Friday morning 83.7kg, this morning i was 83.2kg. I've upped the intensity of my training with more volume through drop sets cardio is still an hour every day, macros are 290g protein, 69g fat, 124g carb total cals 2280.

I've also decided to commit doing another show a week before my original show on may 23rd. It will be through INBA on sunday May 17th.....time to grind this out!

Another update;

I have finished the 8 week challenge at my gym, my goal was to lose 8kgs and i did, exactly 8kg. So down from 89.8kg around 14.5%-15% body to 81.8kg around 7-7.5% body fat.

I have decided to enter another comp a week prior to my original comp on May 23rd, so i really have to crunch out some calories now. This week i am down to 2100 in total macros are;

285g protein 55g fat 115g carbs

I have upped my cardio to around 90 mins in the morning, weight training in the evening has remained the same and really trying to keep the intensity up.

My goal really now is just to get as low body fat as possible. Before and after pics of my 8 week challenge.

IMG_1908%20-%20Copy_zpsyyoe37vx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/shawthing12/media/IMG_1908 - Copy_zpsyyoe37vx.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another update;

I have finished the 8 week challenge at my gym, my goal was to lose 8kgs and i did, exactly 8kg. So down from 89.8kg around 14.5%-15% body to 81.8kg around 7-7.5% body fat.

I have decided to enter another comp a week prior to my original comp on May 23rd, so i really have to crunch out some calories now. This week i am down to 2100 in total macros are;

285g protein 55g fat 115g carbs

I have upped my cardio to around 90 mins in the morning, weight training in the evening has remained the same and really trying to keep the intensity up.

My goal really now is just to get as low body fat as possible. Before and after pics of my 8 week challenge.

IMG_1908%20-%20Copy_zpsyyoe37vx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/shawthing12/media/IMG_1908 - Copy_zpsyyoe37vx.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Update;

So i am 13 days out from my INBA comp (seems really close now that i'm saying days not weeks). Last week i dropped carbs down to 100g per day, just pre and post work out. Protein stayed the same and dropped fats slightly;

Macros;
Protein 285g
Fats 51g
Carbs 100g
Calories 1999

I weighed in Saturday morning at 80.3kg so down another 800 grams from the week before, i have consistently being weighing in 700 grams - 1kg lighter each week. Saturday i did a practice day of what to eat comp day which meant carbs!!!

7am - 100g kangaroo with 80g of brown rice
9am - same as above
11am - Protein bar and banana
1pm - subway turkey footlong
2;30pm - rice cakes with jam and peanut butter
2;45pm - mars bar

This was to basically mimmick my comp day, trying to fill out but not get bloated. I filled ok, i can push carbs harder next time and will also have the benefit of carbing up the days before. I think changes i will make, have a big bowl of oats with fruit around 7am (i may even get up earlier and have a bit of steak with fats to help feel fuller) and maybe drop out the mars bar for some lollies or m&ms, the mars bar just made me feel a little bloated. But other than that it all worked out well. I was hesitant to trial this carb load (i was paranoid about possible weight gain but then realised as long as i kept my overall calories below maintenance there wouldn't be any fat gain). But the big pro to doing this was not ruining 16 weeks of hard work on comp day by going in blind and stuffing up what i ate and looking s**t on stage for the sake of worrying about .5kg of weight gain.

Again this week dropping carbs by another 15g and fats slightly so another 100 calories of my macros. I really want to grind this next week out and somewhat "cruise" to next Sunday.

This week is effectively my last normal week of training and diet, the following i have tans booked in, carb load and training will taper off as the carb load/weekend approaches.

Below is a pic from Saturday morning around 5.5% bodyfat.

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y506/shawthing12/IMG_1958_zpsqjhw1ijk.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y506/shawthing12/IMG_1957_zpss9nqkrcr.jpg

Update;

So i am 13 days out from my INBA comp (seems really close now that i'm saying days not weeks). Last week i dropped carbs down to 100g per day, just pre and post work out. Protein stayed the same and dropped fats slightly;

Macros;
Protein 285g
Fats 51g
Carbs 100g
Calories 1999

I weighed in Saturday morning at 80.3kg so down another 800 grams from the week before, i have consistently being weighing in 700 grams - 1kg lighter each week. Saturday i did a practice day of what to eat comp day which meant carbs!!!

7am - 100g kangaroo with 80g of brown rice
9am - same as above
11am - Protein bar and banana
1pm - subway turkey footlong
2;30pm - rice cakes with jam and peanut butter
2;45pm - mars bar

This was to basically mimmick my comp day, trying to fill out but not get bloated. I filled ok, i can push carbs harder next time and will also have the benefit of carbing up the days before. I think changes i will make, have a big bowl of oats with fruit around 7am (i may even get up earlier and have a bit of steak with fats to help feel fuller) and maybe drop out the mars bar for some lollies or m&ms, the mars bar just made me feel a little bloated. But other than that it all worked out well. I was hesitant to trial this carb load (i was paranoid about possible weight gain but then realised as long as i kept my overall calories below maintenance there wouldn't be any fat gain). But the big pro to doing this was not ruining 16 weeks of hard work on comp day by going in blind and stuffing up what i ate and looking s**t on stage for the sake of worrying about .5kg of weight gain.

Again this week dropping carbs by another 15g and fats slightly so another 100 calories of my macros. I really want to grind this next week out and somewhat "cruise" to next Sunday.

This week is effectively my last normal week of training and diet, the following i have tans booked in, carb load and training will taper off as the carb load/weekend approaches.

Below is a pic from Saturday morning around 5.5% bodyfat.

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y506/shawthing12/IMG_1958_zpsqjhw1ijk.jpg

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y506/shawthing12/IMG_1957_zpss9nqkrcr.jpg

Another update, 6 days out now from my INBA comp on Sunday.

I weighed in Saturday morning at 79.2kg, I was really suprised at my weight dropping another 1kg but happy none the less, i can hold calories steady this week. The plan is from today to Wednesday, drops carbs a little more, Thursday i will start my carb up! CARBS glorious CARBS!

Macros;
Protein 280g
Fats 50g
Carbs 70g
Calories 1850

Training this week is;
Pull workout tonight
Push workout tomorrow night
Legs Wednesday

Working as hard as i can for around 60 mins, Thursday and Friday i am reducing the weights (60-80%) and duration 35-45mins, two upper body circuit type workouts. Saturday i will rest up. The fun starts now, shaving, tanning etc.

Below is a pic from Saturday morning.

So decided to do little updates each day to bore you all :p

Weighed in this morning (just out of interest) at 78.6kg :eek:, i just keep losing weight partly now carbs have dropped another 15-20g, but the advantage is now i can keep calories steady and also eat a little extra protein and fats.....mmmmm more peanut butter!

Cardio this morning was a 70 min walk, i will drop this each day and enjoy a bit of sleep in. Tonight i need to shave down in prep for my base tan tomorrow night. Training tonight is a push work out.

45 min walk before eating

Carbing up :D

100g of oats
30g of protein powder
1 full egg and 2 egg whites
mix, cook as pancakes
20g of jam
20g of honey
200g banana
150g blueberries
100g strawberries

Heaven on a plate!

Todays macros;

300g of protein 50g of fat 400g of carbs

Tonights training;
full upper body workout 45 mins, 2 chest exercises, 2 back exercises, shoulders, arms. Just a bit of a pump style training 3 sets by 8-15 reps.

Then continue carbing up and tanning :p

Getting closer now, stepping on stage 2;45ish and 3;45ish Sunday arvo, the comp is out at Moonee Valley Racecourse. I have entered the fitness model novice and open divisions. I have been carbing up and enjoyed every minute of it felt really full after a training session last night. Tomorrow i will ease up the carbs and calories before sunday, i don't want to risk overeating and bloating.

Another tan tonight, tomorrow and sunday morning. Need to pack all the last minute things, prep my food, practice posing.

A bit nervous but looking forward to it!

I'm at 51kg!! Another 2 more kgs to lose before I'll be overjoyed. Obviously increased HITT and cardio, started boxing too.
I've dropped calorie intake (pretty much to like 1000 calories a day - I know how unhealthy that is but stressed from finals anyway so can't stomach much.)
Doing more core work as well, sit-ups on the decline bench, side planks, weighted crunches that kind of jazz.
Scaling back on the arms too, thinking I'll keep my weights as they are and just increase the reps to tone. Don't really need to put on more muscle.

I'm at 51kg!! Another 2 more kgs to lose before I'll be overjoyed. Obviously increased HITT and cardio, started boxing too.
I've dropped calorie intake (pretty much to like 1000 calories a day - I know how unhealthy that is but stressed from finals anyway so can't stomach much.)
Doing more core work as well, sit-ups on the decline bench, side planks, weighted crunches that kind of jazz.
Scaling back on the arms too, thinking I'll keep my weights as they are and just increase the reps to tone. Don't really need to put on more muscle.
How many reps are you doing at the moment? Doing more reps to 'tone' is really a myth, there's no such thing as toning

How many reps are you doing at the moment? Doing more reps to 'tone' is really a myth, there's no such thing as toning

About 7/8.
When I said tone I meant to maintain instead of put on more muscle. The whole lower weights, more reps jazz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back