Membership 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont understand why people choose MCC over AFL Membership. All my friends who have MCC end up sleeping outside 12-24 hours before gates open on a big grand final. It suppose to be some special upper class club when people are sleeping in swags outfront to get in? I just do not see how you enjoy yourself doing that to watch a game of footy.

In my experience as an MCC member, since 2005 I have had about a 50% strike rate in the ballot for GF tickets. In the years I missed out on tickets in the mail, the earliest I've queued up was 4 am on the Sat morning of the 2007 GF, and I got great seats. For the other years, I joined the queue between 6 am and 8 am (when the gate opens), and always got a seat. The later you join the queue, the worse the seat, but you still get in. I believe there were still some seats available in the top deck of the members stand last Saturday. So I have to disagree with your friends on that one.

Just checked this thread on the main board:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/watch-afl-from-overseas.1123464/

Why don't we have an international package that includes subscription to AFL TV?

Really surprising we're behind the ball on this, most clubs seem to offer it (at a cheaper rate than the AFL TV itself).

Maybe I should just purchase another club membership this year to get the cheaper deal?

Not good Collingwood!

Why don't we have an international package that includes subscription to AFL TV?

Really surprising we're behind the ball on this, most clubs seem to offer it (at a cheaper rate than the AFL TV itself).

Maybe I should just purchase another club membership this year to get the cheaper deal?

Not good Collingwood!

My advise to you is to email the Club about your issue.

Be persistent and don't give in. It worked with me in regards to my issue.

I even have a direct number to someone who was extremely helpful.......because ringing the main switchboard I found to be a slow torture!

PM me if you would like the number.

Hope that helps.

CFC2010

Not good Collingwood!
Agree with you on this one.
If they offered this even at normal rates I would become an international member.
As it is the international membership offers absolutely nothing of any use.
Priority access to games - Uhhh I am overseas, I can't go to games
A membership card - Wow that's great
Bumper sticker - Stop it Collingwood your being too generous
And some other stuff like that

As supporters who lives overseas the one thing we really want is to be able to watch our team play, and that is the one thing which is not included in the membership.

I have an AFL silver membership that I use to go with friends to Collingwood away games, and neutral games.

I also have an 11 game reserved seat home membership, which I was able to get a discount for because I'm a Collingwood AFL member.

All up it was $600 for a $420 AFL membership, and the Collingwood membership.
Thanks, didn't know you could buy just seats from the club.
Where are the reserved seats as I might be interested?

Agree with you on this one.
If they offered this even at normal rates I would become an international member.
As it is the international membership offers absolutely nothing of any use.
Priority access to games - Uhhh I am overseas, I can't go to games
A membership card - Wow that's great
Bumper sticker - Stop it Collingwood your being too generous
And some other stuff like that

As supporters who lives overseas the one thing we really want is to be able to watch our team play, and that is the one thing which is not included in the membership.

I got in touch with them, they said they're working "urgently" to get an option sorted. Stay tuned.

I only reserved seats for the Big Games.
The first game I reserve for is the ANZAC day game because there is no walk up.
There is not need to reserve seats for a lot of the games because you can walk up.
If you don't mind sitting up the top in Q, then there would hardly be a need to reserve a seat at all.

Pardon my ignorance. I bought my first membership (Collingwood Home Game Social Club)a few weeks ago. So if I wanted to go along to a game at the G where the crowd would be no higher than 65,000, all I have to do is rock up and scan my card? I understand reserving a seat for Anzac Day, but If I'm happy to sit in general admission, I can just show up on the day/night?

Queuing up for tickets is so old school, I like it :thumbsu:
Me too especially at Vic Park. Drum with fire burning to keep warm overnight, thermos and sandwiches, sing alongs, like minded people in the queue reminiscing. Made a couple of good friends in queues.

Me too especially at Vic Park. Drum with fire burning to keep warm overnight, thermos and sandwiches, sing alongs, like minded people in the queue reminiscing. Made a couple of good friends in queues.
Never forget camping out for GF tickets in '79, and the roar that went up when the word got around that Peter Moore won the Brownlow.

There isn't even a membership package that suits NT residents.....

For me, I'd be happy to access some away games as it's cheaper for me to go to Adelaide or Perth than Melbourne. I just had a look through the packages and nothing jumps out at me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pardon my ignorance. I bought my first membership (Collingwood Home Game Social Club)a few weeks ago. So if I wanted to go along to a game at the G where the crowd would be no higher than 65,000, all I have to do is rock up and scan my card? I understand reserving a seat for Anzac Day, but If I'm happy to sit in general admission, I can just show up on the day/night?
Yes, but be prepared to most likely sit on level 4 behind the goals.

Thanks, didn't know you could buy just seats from the club.
Where are the reserved seats as I might be interested?
https://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/packages/view/582/Home-Reserved-Seat

This is the one I have, the price is discounted if you have an AFL membership.

This is a map of the MCG where the reserved seats are located: seats.PNG

I sit in M10 of the Great Southern Stand. Pretty good seats, and you get to know the people around you. Also, you don't have to worry about reserving seats, you just rock up to the game when you want. Pretty sweet.

This is a map of the MCG where the reserved seats are located:View attachment 216672

I sit in M10 of the Great Southern Stand. Pretty good seats, and you get to know the people around you. Also, you don't have to worry about reserving seats, you just rock up to the game when you want. Pretty sweet.
Great, sounds good, will contact them.

Dont understand why people choose MCC over AFL Membership. All my friends who have MCC end up sleeping outside 12-24 hours before gates open on a big grand final. It suppose to be some special upper class club when people are sleeping in swags outfront to get in? I just do not see how you enjoy yourself doing that to watch a game of footy.

Could probably just be me, but i think the MCC seats are better because there seems to be much more action on the MCC wing instead of the AFL members wing. I think its because the interchange bench is on that side of the ground. Would love an MCC membership, but if I'm being honest, I'm pretty happy with my Legends membership. Currently sit on Lvl2 Olympic stand for home games & Lvl 1 Ponsford for away games.

In that case I will also send them an email. The more noise coming from overseas supporters the better.

Not 100% sure if Ant85 called the Club on the number I shared with him but the Club would take more notice if ottoman from Istanbul rang and requested the same thing Ant85 did.

Strike while the iron is hot I say!

Why miss out on something the other Clubs have......we are the biggest Club in the World after all!

This is a map of the MCG where the reserved seats are located:View attachment 216672

People are dicks about that. I often just buy a ticket at the gate and am in the nosebleeds so I sneak to a better seat and get 100 greasies from the people around... :(

Not good Collingwood!

+1

The premium memberships should offer free access to game streams whether interstate or overseas.

Not good Collingwood!

It's up.

Club now offering global digital pass for $150:

https://membership.collingwoodfc.co...l-Global-Insider-Includes-LIVE-PASS#quickbuy2

ottoman 76woodenspooners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back