Memberships 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

People on rollover plan are receiving their notices over next couple weeks, so rest should be out not long after. You can email or call club to organize then now I think aswell.

I have received a letter in the mail advising my membership is due for renewal (rollover). If I don't want to continue or want to change it, I have to call the Membership Dept, otherwise it starts to be direct debited from (I think) later on this month.

I emailed the membership team on Sunday. Yet to get a response

Interesting. I called and emailed today and got responses to both. Perhaps try tomoz. Canned my reserve seat. They asked why and I went through the draw from this year and they understood that I could only take my kids to 2 games so it was simply not worth it.

I predict a massive slide in membership for 2014. As one of only two clubs to experience a drop this year things are going to get messy. It ain't going to be pretty.

I predict a massive slide in membership for 2014. As one of only two clubs to experience a drop this year things are going to get messy. It ain't going to be pretty.

You have to remember that we are basically dropping "fair-weather" supporters who signed on during the 2010 flag tilt and 32,000 is actually just on the cusp of of average membership count for the last 8 years if you exclude the premiership times.

Its still not a good thing but its not a terrible situation either.

However if Watters is dropped I can see a drop in memberships as people lose faith in the stability of the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone have a reserved seat in the pocket on level 1? I think its for social club members and separate to the seats on the wing.

My dad and I are looking at our reserved seat arrangements. We moved up to level 3 reserved seating when we got social club membership, and now we're thinking of moving back to some cheaper level 1 seats. How's the view from that pocket?

Does anyone have a reserved seat in the pocket on level 1? I think its for social club members and separate to the seats on the wing.

My dad and I are looking at our reserved seat arrangements. We moved up to level 3 reserved seating when we got social club membership, and now we're thinking of moving back to some cheaper level 1 seats. How's the view from that pocket?

I have reserved seat just before 50m line, but before that was directly behind goals. (both same catergory of behind goals) but the view is still awesome anywhere along there. Cant really go wrong in pocket. You could possibly be able to get closer to wing if you wanted as i know theres heaps empty seats around me. Its still same price as where you'd be looking at i think.

I'm on the wing level 1 , and i think its absolutely great.

I don't have a reserved seat so am stuck with level 3, however having sat level 2 at functions (behind the goals & wing) and level 1 via friends, I prefer flanks on level 3, it's the right angles for most of the play (rather then tennis watching you get on the wing with the constant back and forth or the "depth" of behind the goals.) and honestly footy is as much a culture in Victoria than it is a game so it's also good for perspective to be round the more laid back opposition supporters.

Has any club ever offered multi year memberships? Say, pay your membership for 2014 times 5 to secure your seat til end 2018?

Has any club ever offered multi year memberships? Say, pay your membership for 2014 times 5 to secure your seat til end 2018?

vagely remember many years ago offered 10 year memberships. but that then basicallly wrecks the future if you spend all themoney now.

i'm pretty disappointed with our membership department. took the time to write a detailed email 2 weeks ago with some feedback (it took a while to write), got no response. messaged their twitter account, was told a response would be received within 48 hours. week later sent another email asking whats happening. got the response yesterday, was literally one sentence saying it has been fwded onto another department.

i'm not holding my breath for a response.

i'm pretty disappointed with our membership department. took the time to write a detailed email 2 weeks ago with some feedback (it took a while to write), got no response. messaged their twitter account, was told a response would be received within 48 hours. week later sent another email asking whats happening. got the response yesterday, was literally one sentence saying it has been fwded onto another department.

i'm not holding my breath for a response.

Defacto that is poor. Unacceptable by any standards.

Well good luck signing up new members when you can't even take care of the existing ones.

Is there a facet of our club that is actually handled well?

Defacto that is poor. Unacceptable by any standards.

But unfortunately not surprising.

its actually quite upsetting. my wife is not a supporter (if she does watch football which is rare, she follows freo), my kids are still to young to care, so really i am the only reason we have 4 members (was about to be 5) in this house

this is the only time i have ever felt the need to contact the club, outside of purchasing something. i spent time writing my concerns to the club and got nothing

the thing that worried me more is they dont seem to care about $600 worth of membership. a membership that would have an extremely high profit margin given we live in perth and only claim two tickets to the game here that you could buy from ticketmaster for less than $60

i can now understand why our membership numbers are dropping so low. there is literally no care, concern or even an attempt to retain members

if this was a business outside of football, they'd be going down the path of insolvency

Remove this Banner Ad

Back