Past Michael Rischitelli (2004-2010)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Michael Rischitelli

Hmmm...wonder how many Brownlow votes he could get?

Not many.

We didn't win many games, and in the ones where we did, some other players put in match winning performances.

Not many.

We didn't win many games, and in the ones where we did, some other players put in match winning performances.

Yep, fair call, I think Blacky is the only one who polls in a losing side.

Sportsbet agrees with you too at $1001

Not many.

Agree. He was regularly in the top 10 players on the ground, but rarely in the top 3.

Mike Sheahan

THE Gold Coast Suns are ready to announce a third signing of an experienced player, but there's a bizarre impediment.

While Michael Rischitelli is believed to be committed to a switch from the Brisbane Lions to the new club, he is uneasy about any announcement until after Brisbane's best-and-fairest count next Thursday night - a count he very well might win.

Despite the fact the Lions tried to shunt him off to Carlton last summer in the early stages of the Fevola deal, it would be decidedly awkward for Rischitelli to accept the club champion award with everyone in the room, including teammates, knowing he is set to defect.

Those harbouring hopes of him staying, best start pre-emptively mourning his departure.

Mike Sheahan

Those harbouring hopes of him staying, best start pre-emptively mourning his departure.

Hmm. That would be a history making even of sorts in the AFL. I would love to be at that vote count, just to experience the awkward tension in the room, should he win it. Sad news that it looks like he is a definate departure :(

Hmm. That would be a history making even of sorts in the AFL. I would love to be at that vote count, just to experience the awkward tension in the room, should he win it.

Yeah, we ordered our B&F tickets today.

I have to say I am somewhat morbidly fascinated in experiencing the vibe should Rischa win as expected

Yeah, we ordered our B&F tickets today.

I have to say I am somewhat morbidly fascinated in experiencing the vibe should Rischa win as expected

Yeah, imagine if he says "I have an announcement"....everyone's mouth will drop open in anticipation......and Micheal says..........."I'm staying!!":D

Mike Sheahan

Trouble is it's just another paper filler.. he might move.. nothing definite just more speculation and old Mike putting his spin on it ...
While Michael Rischitelli is believed to be committed to a switch from the Brisbane Lions
...I'm a bit over this guessing stuff, what's happened to scoops?.. A senior journo of Sheahan's calibre should use his journalistic skills and snoop around get the low downs and write a definite (one way or the other) article..instead of giving just another 'could be' piece....stuff we already know..

Any chance that Vossy had an inkling that Rischa may move to GC prior to him being offered as trade bait to Carltank???

AFLPA Nominees

Rischitelli has been nominated by his fellow Lions players in both the most valuable player and most courageous player categories.

rischitellimvpc.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope that Mike Sheahan article is based on nothing more than pure speculation.

If it was true then I think it is bad form. If he has decided to go then he should be upfront with the Club and supporters, rather than trying to pretend there is not an elephant in the room.

I hope that Mike Sheahan article is based on nothing more than pure speculation.

If it was true then I think it is bad form. If he has decided to go then he should be upfront with the Club and supporters, rather than trying to pretend there is not an elephant in the room.

Yes!

If the "story" is true, the attempt to avoid the said "awkwardness" will be a total and epic FAIL!

Riska steps up to accept the gong, the room goes all quiet, he hurriedly grabs the medal,avoids any photo opppotunities, exits stage left and bolts off to a waiting cabbie who's kept the engine running:eek:

How can it get any more awkward now that the cat is out of the proverbial bag?

I'd say it was highly possible.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm almost certain that Riska was being touted as a likely GC target well before the aborted Carton trade.

If so, Vossy may well have tested the waters just to see how Riska would react to the proposed trade.

The plot thickens:)

Riska steps up to accept the gong, the room goes all quiet, he hurriedly grabs the medal,avoids any photo opppotunities, exits stage left and bolts off to a waiting cabbie who's kept the engine running:eek:

GREAT PICK-UP by the cabbie - he'll get a good fare from Brizzy to the coast!!

Shame he is leaving once he finally reaches his potential. Oh well, lets move on and make sure we send Browny his way when we play the SUNS.

Shame he is leaving once he finally reaches his potential. Oh well, lets move on and make sure we send Browny his way when we play the SUNS.

Of course the only benefit here is that based on his '10 season we will get a significantly better deal than had he gone last year - glass half full.

Any chance that Vossy had an inkling that Rischa may move to GC prior to him being offered as trade bait to Carltank???

Thought this myself the other day. Would be a massive coincedence that Vossy shopped around Bradshaw who was playing contract funny buggers and Rischa if he didn't think there was a chance they both might leave.

Thought this myself the other day. Would be a massive coincedence that Vossy shopped around Bradshaw who was playing contract funny buggers and Rischa if he didn't think there was a chance they both might leave.

Nah, more the knee injury I think - remember, the exact same injury ended Vossy's career ;)

All in all, if we lose Rischa as the "out of contract" player it's not so bad - much rather lose him than a cornerstone player (ie: Merrett, Brennan, Adcock, Drummond) for nothing.

Agree with that, losing Riska is better than some other options. The fact that he has had such a good year will only help us if/when he does go to the GC. Ready made midfielder with our 1st pick in the draft please. They can slot right into Riska's position in the team and we can start fast tracking them.

Link

Michael Rischitelli: Was clearly unhappy at being offered for trade last season and is set to walk. But he responded with his best-ever season. Leigh Matthews once declared Rischitelli was a future All-Australian. Sadly for the Lions, that is likely to be in another club's jumper.

Club Champion Preview

Could it be Michael Rischitelli? The hard-working Lions midfielder has enjoyed by far the best season of his career and led the Club in a number of key statistical categories including disposals and marks.

Rischitelli will enter the evening as one of the favourites to take out the main award and will certainly better his previous best finish of 6th from 2008.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back