Past Michael Rischitelli (2004-2010)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Michael Rischitelli

If Riska leaves we are going to need Redden and Rich to really step it up next season. Our midfield can't rely on Black and Power forever. Riska has been superb this year please stay Riska.

I spent the weekend with a relative of Riska's who confirmed the story about the Carlton and Essendon deals:

1. He wanted to go to Essendon but the trade couldn't be done where he could get a 2-year contract in time to get to GC as they wanted a 3-yr only deal
2. He did not want to go to Carlton as this would ruin his chance of getting to GC for his superannuation

He's a done deal for GC along with Brennan apparently. :(

Discussion thread

There were a couple of occasions last night when Rischitelli seemed to be finessing his disposal a bit more than usual. Short, low trajectory passes going forward. I wonder if this has been highlighted as the next area of improvement for him. If he can manage it, it'll help him to take his game to yet another level and perhaps even to a standard that we haven't expected of him.

AFL's most under-rated
Jon Anderson

WHO are the AFL's unsung heroes, those who get the job done without fanfare or fuss?

1. MICHAEL RISCHITELLI (Brisbane)

Considering he was put up for trade at the end of last season (as part of the Brendon Fevola deal) Rischitelli has responded in exemplary fashion and should be rewarded with the club's B&F this year.

rischitelli.jpg

Link

Voss said speculation that Michael Rischitelli and Jared Brennan would also head to the Gold Coast Suns next season had not been unsettling for the club.

“They have been really professional in the way they have conducted themselves,” Voss said.

“Their hearts are where they need to be.”

rischitelli8.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:mad: If they both go and then with Black and Power gone this year/next our midfield is going to be thrashed unless we can draft two Joel Selwoods

I'm resigned to them going, though Riska leaving will hurt me much more than Brennan, give me substance over style any day and that's not in anyway meant to denigrate Brennan - what a bloody mess!

We have known all along that the Gold Coast were not going to take someone we are likely to delist - it would be like expecting other clubs to trade second round draft picks for such players.

why didnt he go home last season then....one season doesnt make THAT much difference

I call bull***

Heard it from several directions that Carlton wanted him to take a pay cut as part of the trade.

Secondly, he probably harboured ambitions of going to the Coast but it seems they now want Brennan instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back