Past Michael Voss - Coach (2009-2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

voss.jpg

Twitter

Summary:

* lead up to Sheedy's sacking (#97)
* personal training with Rhan Hooper (#137)
* Rhan Hooper punishment (#142)
* first game: round 1 vs West Coast (#216)
* 2009 trade week (#288)
* honeymoon over (#312)
* Bradshaw fallout (#337)
* Dan Collins under fire (#370)
* Wayne Brittain fallout (#378)
* review on Lions operations (#389)
* helping Albert Proud (#402)
* 50th game (#500)
* inaugural Q-Clash defeat (#509)

Contract status: 2012 - 2013

Link

Voss accepts Eagles deal
July 10, 2008

MICHAEL Voss has turned his back on a chance to become the inaugural coach of the AFL's new Gold Coast franchise after his request for a five-year deal fell on deaf ears.

Link

Voss given licence for Lions
By Nathan Schmook
5:02 PM Mon 01 September, 2008

WEST Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett has confirmed Michael Voss will talk with the Brisbane Lions about its senior coaching job but remains hopeful the triple premiership captain will be with the Eagles next season.

Link

Brisbane eager to sign Voss
Jake Niall and Caroline Wilson
September 2, 2008

MICHAEL Voss is expected to be offered the coaching position at Brisbane in the wake of Leigh Matthews' shock resignation yesterday, with a decision on whether the triple premiership captain accepts the position anticipated within days.

Link

Brisbane Lions set to appoint Michael Voss as coach
Article from:
Mark Stevens
September 02, 2008 12:35pm

MICHAEL Voss has been named as the new coach of the Brisbane Lions, replacing the departing Leigh Matthews.

The Build Up
Confirmation

Re: Michael Voss (Coach)

Link

Voss the new Lion king
Marc Fox
September 2, 2008 - 12:38PM

Brisbane’s triple premiership winning captain replaces Leigh Matthews, who caused a shock by resigning yesterday with a year on his contract to run.
He has agreed to a three-year deal.

vossjq4.jpg

haha gotta be pissed about that. oh well, well done to him...hope he does a good job.

Link

Michael Voss new Lions coach
Article from:
September 02, 2008 02:32pm

BREAKING NEWS
MICHAEL Voss has been appointed as the new coach of the Brisbane Lions. The three-time premiership captain was named as a replacement for Leigh Matthews at a press conference moments ago. He has been given a three-year contract.

voss1xx5.jpg

Good Luck Vossy.
I would have prefered to see him serve an apprenticeship first, but now he is appointed, i will be behind him 100%.

Link

Matthews out – Voss in
By Mic Cullen
2:35 PM Tue 02 September, 2008

"This morning's situation is that Michael is committed to us, and I would think that he has got a serious decision to make if Brisbane offer him the senior coaching job," Nisbett said on Monday.
"We would obviously not stand in anyone's way if they were able to get a senior position – there's only 16 available at any one time – and consequently Michael's in that position at the moment."
Nisbett said Worsfold was realistic about the situation and would happily release Voss if he had the chance to take up a senior coaching position.

voss1bo5.jpg

Triple premiership captain Michael Voss has been named new coach of the Brisbane Lions

Link

Brisbane Lions release statement on Michael Voss
Article from:
September 02, 2008 02:30pm

THE statement released by the Brisbane Lions today as triple premiership captain Michael Voss was appointed coach of the AFL club.
The Brisbane Lions board has officially appointed former captain, triple premiership player, Brownlow Medallist, five-time club champion and five-time All-Australian Michael Voss as the new senior coach of the club for a three-year term.

05001622967600or0.jpg

Good Luck Vossy.
I would have prefered to see him serve an apprenticeship first, but now he is appointed, i will be behind him 100%.

Ditto. I'm surprised how keen I am to see him in action, despite my doubts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jason Akermanis

Are they seriously going to rush an important decision like the senior coach position and make it now on emotion? Is Michael Voss the one to go straight into the job?

Now, Vossy and I are mates and I would one day love to see him as a senior coach. I tell him this to his face, but right now I just don't think he has as much credibility as others who would be interested in the post.

To be honest, I am as qualified as Vossy to coach and for some reason no one has given me a ring yet. If he gets the job I will be the first to congratulate him and wish him well. From then on I would just hope he can live up to the hype.

vossih3.jpg

Link

Brisbane Lions approached new coach Michael Voss earlier this year
Article from:
By Paul Malone
September 02, 2008 03:30pm

"I stand before you to say I am ready," Voss, a three-time premiership captain of the Lions, said today.

"I'll let other people make their judgments."

``Michael is young but he is a strong leader and will bring the right skills to the job," Kelly said.
"He will do it the Michael Voss way.''
Voss said the goal for the 2009 season had to be to make the finals.

voss2ry0.jpg

Link

Voss lifts the lid on a double life
Nick Smart
September 3rd, 2008

It was revealed Voss, Matthews and the Lions' board had been meeting as early as March to discuss a succession plan that would kick in after the departure of the head coach.

In effect, the Brisbane board had already pre-approved Voss for the position but the process ground to a halt when Matthews failed to pin down an exit date.

vosseh5.jpg

WOW!!....What a ride this club gives us!!...What a 24hrs we have had!!

Goodbye Leigh and our grateful thanks for all the joy you and our boys have given us..

Welcome back to the fold, our new coach...VOSSY!!!:D

Now all we need is for a SOLE Captain.....BROWNY!!!:D.....and we are on our way again:):thumbsu:

GOOD LUCK MICHAEL......Roll on 2009

that didnt take long... congrats Vossy.

p.s. i may not be very popular for saying this but part of me agrees with Aker.. they could have at least had an interview process, and if Vossy was the best candidate then fine..
i s'pose there's no need to interview other candidates if you already have the best one available (in the Lions eyes).

Link

Players look forward to working with Voss
By Matt Burgan
5:46 PM Tue 02 September, 2008

YOUNG Brisbane Lion Bradd Dalziell says the players can't wait to play under Michael Voss.

Link

Voss vows to be tough
September 02, 2008

"Make no mistake, I'm here to get results,'' declared Voss who secured a release from an assistant coaching job with the West Coast Eagles.

"Everyone stands on the same line whether I've played with them or whether I haven't.”

Voss's philosophy is the team above all. "The one thing I learned from Leigh Matthews is that the team's decision is put first,'' he said.

voss2ri1.jpg

Link

Lions chief backs appointment
02/09/2008 05:52 PM
Paul Gough
Sportal

Brisbane Lions chairman Tony Kelly denied on Tuesday the club had acted hastily in appointing the untried Michael Voss as coach just a day after the shock resignation of the club's three-time premiership coach Leigh Matthews.

vossrp8.jpg

Link

Is Voss ready?
02/09/2008 06:14 PM
Paul Gough
Sportal

Why the rush?
The Brisbane Lions decision to appoint favourite son Michael Voss just one day after the departure of the club's greatest coach Leigh Matthews smacks of a situation in which there was only ever one candidate for the job.

voss3xm0.jpg

Tony Shaw (former premiership captain) replaces Leigh Mathews at the Pies after 10 years at the helm. Gubby Allen remains at the pies after Mathews leaves.

Michael Voss (former premiership captain) replaces Leigh Mathews at the Lions after 10 years at the helm. Gubby Allen remains at the Lions after Mathews leaves.

Fingers crossed the similarity ends there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back