Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give yourself credit TL15, you've made more 'comeback/one last time tours' than John Farnham :D :p

True but if I had a dollar for the amount of posters on this board that have said it is great to have you back I would currently be broke!

No. Shifting sands, different lobbying, board whims ... Mick could have had some words ... like politics I'm sick of people wanting blood over statements that don't pan out because something changed. It takes away from the big picture.
:rolleyes:

Not calling for his head.
Given the statement was yesterday and the game is in 5 days, I would have though that this means Trigg has been over ruled.
You know, maybe he'd resign on principle.

At least they did not mention your failure to wear underwear.....

I thought that was covered by having the courage to concede the plan needed adjusting.

:rolleyes:

Not calling for his head.
Given the statement was yesterday and the game is in 5 days, I would have though that this means Trigg has been over ruled.
You know, maybe he'd resign on principle.

You have every right to be skeptical- it is the only rational position anyone could take.
irecommend a quiet relax though - let the Pres and CEO take over - with SOS obviously quiet in the background.
Decisions have been made and obviously negotiations are taking place.

So that statement pretty much reads to me as:

"We're not into quick fixes anymore, so we will make a quick fix in two weeks time"

Pathetic. Nothings changed in the last 10 years. It's sad really :( All they need to do to complete the merry-go-round is to announce Woosha as coach in Rnd 11 and that John Elliot is returning as a board member.

Last edited:
Why prolong the charade?

The coach's position has been untenable since the Brisbane loss, when the squad failed to regroup from Magpie decimation. After which the kids were embarrassingly all dropped in a last ditch effort to right the ship. Two 70 point losses only underscore the depths to which the team have plunged.

So all that has been achieved is angst over whether to sack him mid season or let his contract expire in October.

Good. It means we can **** off this thread.
And move on to a thread about getting rid of the board or that one might be there, just not finding it at the moment. They all need to go, just curious as to when they put themselves up for board announcements and wondering how we can get rid of the board....would love to know, we need it more than ever.

I still cannot fathom where it has all gone so horribly wrong since the end of last year. Was the preseason just hype as I thought everything was hunky dory down at the Club? Even though I don't like Malthouses's game plan he cannot be held solely responsible. Are the players not concerned on how they come across? Is this going to be like another Adelaide or Bulldogs scenario where the players get the coach sacked? I've just remembered the players kind of did this with Ratten, so I wouldn't put it pass them. Or am I barking up the wrong tree.

So that statement pretty much reads to me as:

"We're not into quick fixes anymore, so we will make a quick fix in two weeks time"

Pathetic. Nothings changed in the last 10 years. It's sad really :( All they need to do to complete the merry-go-round is to announce Woosha as coach in Rnd 11 and that Jack Elliot is returning as a board member.

Careful what you wish for..........

image.jpg image.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...hing-fate-in-a-fortnight-20150525-gh97ua.html

Gut feel is MLG has been quite clever or shrewd might be a better word

Club has basically waited for Mick to bang himself (last week's public comments)

I think the club had already decided before the season even begun that they'd almost certainly have a new coach in 2016 but couldn't afford the pay out and SOS had advised them we need to bottom out to get the best position in the draft

So a combination of letting Mick hang himself (bec they know he can't help but meddle, see his last year at Coll), and tanking

Problem is the media have just gone ape droppings on this to the point the club feel they have to act earlier than initially desired

Though at the end of the day you can't sustain having constant beatings week in week out as it'll drive fans and sponsors and coteries away and club cannot afford that arguably

I just hope they do due process and do it properly this time and get a younger coach who knows the modern game inside out and has good man management skills

No more quick fixes is the mantra so club need to live by this now

I want to clarify my position - when I said to get it over and done with I didn't mean to sack Malthouse - I'm actually a supporter of him. I meant to announce the decision now, whatever it is.

Why prolong the charade?

The coach's position has been untenable since the Brisbane loss, when the squad failed to regroup from Magpie decimation. After which the kids were embarrassingly all dropped in a last ditch effort to right the ship. Two 70 point losses only underscore the depths to which the team have plunged.

So all that has been achieved is angst over whether to sack him mid season or let his contract expire in October.

Shore up the finances

Speak to coteries

Two weeks longer is two weeks less you have to pay Mick for nothing

Two more weeks of losses almost guarantees we get pick 1

I am against JW

While obviously I am only guessing my gut feel is he isn't as knowledgeable about modern day tactics as say a Dew is and his last gig ended in failure (granted he won a flag there earlier)

I also recall a while back hearing from someone knowledgeable that he is not a good tactician

And all up it smells of old school Carlton again picking a fairly big name whose already been there done that

Geez could they really be THAT stupid ??

I am against JW

While obviously I am only guessing my gut feel is he isn't as knowledgeable about modern day tactics as say a Dew is and his last gig ended in failure (granted he won a flag there earlier)

I also recall a while back hearing from someone knowledgeable that he is not a good tactician

And all up it smells of old school Carlton again picking a fairly big name whose already been there done that

The powerbrokers in the backrooms who think that the club should be buying the best possible to take us on the short route to success are that stupid.

I am against JW

Yes.

They won't hire the 2016 coach after the bye will they, that's a quick fix. They have the rest of the season to do their due diligence. I would have a caretaker coach after the bye.

Worsfold is a good leader but an awful tactician. Hopeless in fact.

Also be careful because he's only ever known the footy high life at the WCE.
No budget constraints, every whim catered for...........just like Malthouse in his last two positions.

I think it would be a terrible decision to appoint him.

Just curious, have the majority of interim coaches in the past been an internal promotion or someone brought in externally?

I am only against Worsfold because it means Elliott and Matheison run the club.

If we get rid of Mick (i feel recruitment, board wise i feel we let him down.) Give me Leigh Tudor or Stuart Dew.

Let's do something bold, different and something that takes the ****ing word brave away from Essendon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back