Mid season draft 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Far out they are some impressive numbers, what league is he playing in?

Then again Seth Campbell kicked 10 one game and he hasn't really done much at AFL level.
Geordies numbers are in Coat's league, whereas Seth kicked 10 in one game at TSL level.

brindley is too old for us.

He is 25 and could easily play 7 years and 100 games for us if he is good enough. Its the mid season draft, some of you need a reality check about what is a good outcome.

I’d def take a mid rather than Brindley provided if looked to have afl future , don’t want a 25yo mid < 21/22 only

See above.

We'd be mad to take Brindley ahead of El Nour...

Mad to take the superior player. Thats a new one.

Good VFL player IMO. That's his ceiling.

That may be the case but with our last pick I will wiling to give him a look for 6 months. Has the height and athleticism to match it with AFL forwards and is a far better player than Tylar Young who was a shit VFL footballer and even worse AFL footballer.

I reckon it’s a red flag choosing to play overage v the kids, why not have a crack at vfl if you’re any good?
To stay in his home state and play at the highest level he can. Im guessing if the Devils VFL team was up and running he might be playing there instead, but he is a November birthday so he would be used to playing against players older than him through juniors, now he gets to play against players who are on average a few months younger than him, no big deal.

Geordies numbers are in Coat's league, whereas Seth kicked 10 in one game at TSL level.
Yeah but ... the TSL ... is like the MPNFL, right?

Watching Geordies highlights from his 4 goal game ... all of his kicks were straight or up in the air ... Only hit targets with his handball ... looks like a VFL footballer tbh but I suppose but that is what you draft in the MSD ...

Season 8 Wtf GIF by The Office

Just pick a Key Position Forward FFS ... yes they are high risk ... high reward ... but if don't have the balls to take one in the MSD ... when will we??
Someone who’s highly competitive.

Yeah but ... the TSL ... is like the MPNFL, right?

Watching Geordies highlights from his 4 goal game ... all of his kicks were straight or up in the air ... Only hit targets with his handball ... looks like a VFL footballer tbh but I suppose but that is what you draft in the MSD ...
Unlikely to get Nick Daicos in the MSD. He's 18 with a lot of AFL level athletic attributes, not the worst skilled player that would have ever been drafted either. See how he goes.

Oskar Smartt was a hot name in MSD conversations after this performance in the VFL for Essendon. Things have cooled off a little for him since then with some quieter performances, but he's still in with a good shot of ending up on an AFL list next week.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Fawcett been ruled out for the year??
No he hasn't. Was speaking with him last week and his most recent scan was all clear regarding his stress fractures. Is back running and hàs set his sights on playing in Rd 16 at VFL level.

Geordie Payne can't do much more to put himself in contention for the upcoming mid season draft. His hot form to start the new Talent League season was franked on the weekend by an outstanding display against an Eastern Ranges team boasting some of this years elite midfield talent.

Reckon mclachlan looks more dynamic

No ... have watched several games on line ... just don't see him making it at the next level

he is strong and tall but NOT athletic
his ground ball skills are poor

his statistics are inflated by
a) kick INS
b) kicking sideways and backwards and getting the ball kicked strait back (like the Bowden's used to)
c) playing as an extra loose, where he intercepts kicks forward to no-one rather than intercepting kicks to the opposition

AND we really don't need backmen ...
Bauer, Tresize, Banks, Balta, Baker, Smith are all on our list and didn't play in our backline last week

Lynch is about to turn 32 ... draft Howes and put a contested marking key forward on our list and give him 6 months ...
He looks to be a bigger version of broady to me , has performed very well avg 7 marks a game tells me he has a clue getting to the right spaces be it intercept or on the offensive . If our recruiters deem him best avail I’m ok with that

Naaaa , barely cracks 15p and nothing that ever raises the eyebrow , I hope it’s not us
There’s an article in The Herald Sun re his rise to mid season draft hope
I doubt they are just going to pull a name out of the hat,
Came off early in our loss on the weekend with concussion
To be honest, there’s nothing that really stands out about him imo, however he is a good runner and user of the ball so maybe clubs see something that would translate to AFL level

Oskar Smartt was a hot name in MSD conversations after this performance in the VFL for Essendon. Things have cooled off a little for him since then with some quieter performances, but he's still in with a good shot of ending up on an AFL list next week.

Good mark, kick...involved in play...could do with a tad more pace...not sure if he had an oppo playa...looked like bruise free footy with the doggies easing up...would want to see more of OS before picking him at all!

We didn't look in Lefau's possession column before recruiting him.
Maybe we did ... that's why we had him do a full preseason before offering a list spot rather than just taking him in the National or Rookie Draft??

Geordie Payne has nominated an 18 month contract for the MSD, as has Will McLachlan & Jasper Scaife
Definitely pass on those three then ... bloody getting head wobbles they are so far ahead of themselves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back