Mid season draft 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Well with Judson Clarke and Josh Gibcus going down with ACLs we'll have 2 picks should we choose to.

The draft is on May 29, after round 11. We play Dees, Freo, Dogs and Lions (and Essendon) in that time :straining: so we'll probably have a pick somewhere in the first 3.

Best available with the first pick, ideally a kid that was overlooked in the ND that has stepped up. 2nd pick El Nour if available IMO.

Thoughts?

family guy vomit GIF

Well with Judson Clarke and Josh Gibcus going down with ACLs we'll have 2 picks should we choose to.

The draft is on May 29, after round 11. We play Dees, Freo, Dogs and Lions (and Essendon) in that time :straining: so we'll probably have a pick somewhere in the first 3.

Best available with the first pick, ideally a kid that was overlooked in the ND that has stepped up. 2nd pick El Nour if available IMO.

Thoughts?
Which kids that were overlooked should we consider?

Thoughts?
Our pic will be 1 or 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depending on what we are looking for, here are some which I’ve heard about…

From VFL…
Jack Hutchinson 190cm forward Filth vfl…see article
Deakin Smith NM 182 defender
Tom Highmore Port 193cm defender
Ben Davis North VFL defender
Mutaz El Nour
Jay Dahlhaus small on baller from Werribee’..he carved us up,on the weekend
Boyd Woodcock Southport onballer
Domenic Brew Werribee inside mid …Captain of VFL side this year

Patrick Weckert Woodville 194 cm forward
Tyler Keitel WAFL 196cm 5x West Perth leading goal kicker 17, 18, 20, 21, 23
Is 28 years old…good for 2-3 seasons until Fawcett comes good?

Last edited:
We just have to pick the best key forward available

One who knows how to mark the footy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
if we do a straight swap for kosi can we keep the pick and draft 3?

It's a tricky one especially if those players nominate they want more than 6 month contracts in the MSD. You would have to make sure any player we pick up in the msd has as much or more potential than our picks at the end of the year or even some we currently have.
I only say that because we do have a lot of picks up our sleeve of which you'd think a few of those will be used to move up the draft order in swaps.
Looking at how our VFL team was travelling, I don't think talent is a major issue it's definately lack of senior experience. Our big issue is structurally a real lack of key position players with potential.
I'd hate to see us pick up a player in the MSD just for the sake of it at the expense of one of our younger VFL players who just hasn't been played enough.

Last edited:
Yeah if we pick up 2 blokes in the MSD we're going to need to find 2 list spots next year (providing they earn one), on top of the 4 or so we'll take in the ND. Colina will have to be promoted from CatB onto the list too, if we want to keep him (unlikely).

Grimes is one spot, Cumberland, assume Graham will leave. Thats 3, then you'd think 3 of Prestia, McIntosh, Pickett, Green, Dow and Ralphsmith would have to go, assuming no one else requests a trade.

List spots will be tight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back