Mike "C-Bomb" Fitzpatrick

Remove this Banner Ad

Hang on.

So if you're head of the AFL commission, you're not allowed to swear? In a private convo?

Is this what you're going with?

o_O
One would think if you in such a position you'd be able to maintain a slightly more professional demeanour than swearing at someone for 10 minutes.

That said, old mate JohnnyFontane was just having a toys-out-of-pram moment.

One would think if you in such a position you'd be able to maintain a slightly more professional demeanour than swearing at someone for 10 minutes.

That said, old mate JohnnyFontane was just having a toys-out-of-pram moment.

the more i see of you the more i think we'd get along famously in real life

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reads as if Colless views the AFL as a 3rd world Government he can screw both ways. Is refreshing Mike has the ability to enforce.

Considering the Swans abused the COLA (technically lawful, but abused it nonetheless) and Fitzpatrick was on the commission that had to deal with the whole debacle, he was well within his rights to carry on like a pork sausage at the man that orchestrated it all. Not a flog.

Yeah nah as a professional employee of incredibly high stature within this organization its poor form to be acting in such a manner.

Who gives a s**t about Sydney and GWS getting buddy anyway - It was never a hefty blow to them. They're doing fine without him and him being signed to that club would have seen a few players of top end talent move elsewhere.

You'd think Sydney's game plan post-signing buddy of bombing it to him high and long when he's regularly getting double teamed is punishment enough...god knows it has been for us fans.

Sydney didn't break any rules but they kind of did a Bronnie Bishop though. Just went that one step too far :D

I am just not sure of what Sydney's agenda is here, doesn't seem wise to bite the hand that feeds you but hey good on them, the AFL needs a good shake up. As has been said, they just make up the rules as they go along and it seems that if blindly follow them, you get better rules than others.

I think it played a part. Wasn't all of it.

I do agree that frustration about perceived advantages Sydney has gotten has being building for a while and Goodes was a convenient outlet
You must be kidding.

It was an abuse that it even existed.
I have a hypothetical for you:

Say you're a decent Victorian player with a young family looking to get into the housing market.

Sydney come to you and offer you $400k/yr to move away from home for 3 seasons plus the standard $40k COLA.

Geelong also approach you and offer you $410k/yr for 3 seasons.

The median house price in Geelong is $450k. The price of the same sized house in a similar proximity in Sydney is $1.1 million. Assuming an interest rate of 5%, on which offer will you be financially better off at the end of your contract?

Don't worry, Im not expecting an answer anytime soon.

I have a hypothetical for you:

Say you're a decent Victorian player with a young family looking to get into the housing market.

Sydney come to you and offer you $400k/yr to move away from home for 3 seasons plus the standard $40k COLA.

Geelong also approach you and offer you $410k/yr for 3 seasons.

The median house price in Geelong is $450k. The price of the same sized house in a similar proximity in Sydney is $1.1 million. Assuming an interest rate of 5%, on which offer will you be financially better off at the end of your contract?

Don't worry, Im not expecting an answer anytime soon.

When or just after COLA Came in Perth prices where par with Sydney, yet no COLA for the 2 Perth teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back