Official Club Stuff 2024 Club Membership Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

How do those figures compare with this time last year?
We’d need to trawl through last years forums to know.

I know the Bombers (current - 58,383) are about +1K Vs same time last year.

I think the Blues are about +8-9K. Tigers about flat. I believe the Cats are actually -3K too.

Others I’m not sure.

Only other complicating issue is season starts a week earlier. I think this factor over the journey will have negligible impact.

The attendance thread is locked, so I'll leave this one here. It looks like this round zero (or whatever they're calling it) is about to deliver. Potential for all four games to sell out, or at least be close to full.

About a month faster than last year
I’ll take it.

Especially if, from what I’ve been told, many upgrades from non game members to game memberships and 3 game members going to full Sydney seasons.
Majority of our memberships in the past have been 3 game members, which is why they don’t translate to well into attendances.

What’s the go with Geelongs membership figure, this time last year it was around 60,000. The Cats website reporting ~49,000. I assume it hadn’t been updated. You’d think with a new stand opening there would be excitement and interest to secure packages. I’d be amazed if they dropped any material amount, even if the flag is wearing off 18 months later.

Yey It looks like the 2024 AFL is going to be a new record one as people finally come out of the Covid fog.

Even the current match simulation/practice matches are getting good crowds even though they are being played at not crowd friendly times on working days!

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see what the three clubs that joined the VFL in 1925 from the VFA - Footscray, North Melbourne and Hawthorn do with their memberships next season to mark this important historical occasion.

Hawthorn after a slow start when they were basically a bottom four side up until the 1960s have won the most Premierships with 13 VFL/AFL (no VFA Premierships) followed by North on 4 VFL/AFL flags (6 x VFA flags) and Footscray/Western Bulldogs 2 x VFL/AFL flags ( 9 x VFA flags.)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Update.

Carlton = 84,428
Richmond = 82,829
Essendon = 62,454
Port Adelaide = 52,193
Hawthorn = 50,000 (announced on Nov 30)
Geelong = 48,617
Fremantle = 47,552
St Kilda = 46,510
Western Bulldogs = 40,806
North Melbourne = 38,044
GWS = 25,000 (announced on Feb 17)

Update.

Carlton = 84,428
Richmond = 82,829
Essendon = 62,454
Port Adelaide = 52,193
Hawthorn = 50,000 (announced on Nov 30)
Geelong = 48,617
Fremantle = 47,552
St Kilda = 46,510
Western Bulldogs = 40,806
North Melbourne = 38,044
GWS = 25,000 (announced on Feb 17)
Brisbane Lions hit 42,000 as at Feb 24. Hope the Victorian Lions fans come to the party this year for us to crack 60,000 as the Gabba is practically full. Hear Our Roar in 2024: Lions On Track For Another Membership Record

Essendon - 64,182.

Comparing their current figure with last year at 6th March, they’re around ~2,000 ahead

(62,426 - 6th March 2023)

A note for other clubs, season starts a week earlier so some supporters will have likely brought forward their purchase this year by a week. So, imo best to compare current figures with end of first week in March 2023 for a more accurate comparison. Not a biggie, still worth noting.

Essendon - 64,182.

Comparing their current figure with last year at 6th March, they’re around ~2,000 ahead

(62,426 - 6th March 2023)

A note for other clubs, season starts a week earlier so some supporters will have likely brought forward their purchase this year by a week. So, imo best to compare current figures with end of first week in March 2023 for a more accurate comparison. Not a biggie, still worth noting.
The season only starts early for eight clubs.

As of 04/03/24

We are 2.5K behind last year at the same time but that could be due to our first home game being at RD 2. Overall tracking well.

View attachment 1919368
I’m still thinking best comparison for all club updates are a week later prior year given the comp starts a week sooner I think. Hard to know what best to compare to this year, ball park good obviously but it could swing around a bit the next few weeks as we get back into sequence once we get rounds underway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back