Millewa Football League 2009 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

deposit

Senior List
Sep 11, 2006
at home or away
From the SFL thread............ good signing for Golly, will Jarrod Roberts move over too?

Re: Sunraysia Football league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delray
Lets hope they are thinking the same way. Cus i tell u 1 think for the sure the swallows are on the hunt big time. not having a great start to the 2009 season. hopefully our luck can change.

Well big news out of the weekend that Breeza could end up with either Sth Mildura as joint coach or Irymple who has the thrown the world at him to coach after the departure Eato.:confused:

Sth apparantly have a get out clause if he sells his business he is free to leave back bendigo. Also Trevor is desperate for players and this way being JC he does not upset the point system.:thumbsu:

Breeza's other option is Ouyen or Balaranld who have again opened the cheque book.:eek:

Craig Mills signed at Golly for those who are interested.;)

Its good to see Meringur picking up some good players!! Hope to see them take it all the way next year... last time they were in a G/F was the 1964 G/F Meringur 13 21 99 Defeated Bambill 13 3 81... Who in the MFL would stop a rampaging Col Keach or a destructive Joey Wright?? seen them the other day and they looked pumped!! :thumbsu:

Its good to see Meringur picking up some good players!! Hope to see them take it all the way next year... last time they were in a G/F was the 1964 G/F Meringur 13 21 99 Defeated Bambill 13 3 81... Who in the MFL would stop a rampaging Col Keach or a destructive Joey Wright?? seen them the other day and they looked pumped!! :thumbsu:

was that pumped or pissed?????:D

I think you might find that Meringur played in the 2005 Grand Final where they struggled somewhat against a raging Gol Gol outfit and lost 20.15 (135) to 4.8 (32). I have this game at home on DVD.

Hey Rik22, Meringur were also beaten by Nangiloc in 1978 by 7 points. It was Nangiloc's first premiership, they were coached by Lank Roddy.
With all the recruiting going on from Millewa clubs, where is all the money coming from?
Rumor has it that Ouyen have been offering several gun Sunraysia players $1000 per game.
I thought we were in the middle of a drought.
Someone must be kicking the tin!!!!!!

Hey Rik22, Meringur were also beaten by Nangiloc in 1978 by 7 points. It was Nangiloc's first premiership, they were coached by Lank Roddy.
With all the recruiting going on from Millewa clubs, where is all the money coming from?
Rumor has it that Ouyen have been offering several gun Sunraysia players $1000 per game.
I thought we were in the middle of a drought.
Someone must be kicking the tin!!!!!!

sorry boys i was ment to say there last G/F Win...

Rikk22 let go of it as there are about 4 other clubs in front of Meringur that have more chance in 09' of winning a premiership. As always there are plenty of clubs that are March hero's but quickly end up being April fools!!:thumbsu:

On the rumour mill heard today that Euston have recruited strongly but again they are coming from there neighbouring town.:mad:

Peter Zappia/Josh Healy/Felix Liporatta/D.Curran and a few others are the disgruntled Robinvale players heading to the bombers. Thats if they get cleared.:confused:

Ouyen have also offered Stephen Denaro $1k a game without even training!!:eek:

Also heard that Ouyen have offered Jacob McManus from Red Cliffs 20K+ to go out there this year. Ridiculous money if right for a kid!!:thumbsdown:

Over rated, takes a few good marks that is about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:confused: You obviously watch a lot of footy then
Keatch can play quite well and with the get it and kick it mentalitly of MFL he will take mark after mark but needs help. I've heard that Werrimul have recruited Mark Duscher, Brad Duscher, Damien Spicer, Paul Jenkins and J Keenan. Thats a fair group of players although without a known coach they may struggle. Bambill is another who have raped merbein with Farley, Pickett and Gibson signing on. Meringur are in on the act with obviously keatch, but add to that J Wright, J Longeri, and a couple of indigenous boys from wenty and they all of a sudden come into calculations. Euston have more than pillaged robinvale with most notably Healy coming over. He should dominate the MFL with his size and aggression. He and his mates will make euston unstoppable in my opinion. I have heard Golly have lost a few and with only a ******* like Mills signing they have no hope of keeping up with the times. In all my years I think this will be the most even year of Millewa Footy. Much to the detriment of SFL clubs but hey each to their own. My Ladder:
Bambill (still have the class)
Euston(won last year and have recruited well)
Meringur(finals last year and massive inclusions)
Gol Gol (great list and still enough depth to cover losses)
Werrimul (Many great recruits but too far back to start with)
Nangiloc(recruiting so i've heard weren't too bad last year)
Cardross(hopeless)

Finals are a different story i think that anyone of the top 4 can win on their day. Looking forward to sinking some piss and watching some competitive footy for a change, bring it on

Keatch can play quite well and with the get it and kick it mentalitly of MFL he will take mark after mark but needs help. I've heard that Werrimul have recruited Mark Duscher, Brad Duscher, Damien Spicer, Paul Jenkins and J Keenan. Thats a fair group of players although without a known coach they may struggle. Bambill is another who have raped merbein with Farley, Pickett and Gibson signing on. Meringur are in on the act with obviously keatch, but add to that J Wright, J Longeri, and a couple of indigenous boys from wenty and they all of a sudden come into calculations. Euston have more than pillaged robinvale with most notably Healy coming over. He should dominate the MFL with his size and aggression. He and his mates will make euston unstoppable in my opinion. I have heard Golly have lost a few and with only a ******* like Mills signing they have no hope of keeping up with the times. In all my years I think this will be the most even year of Millewa Footy. Much to the detriment of SFL clubs but hey each to their own. My Ladder:
Bambill (still have the class)
Euston(won last year and have recruited well)
Meringur(finals last year and massive inclusions)
Gol Gol (great list and still enough depth to cover losses)
Werrimul (Many great recruits but too far back to start with)
Nangiloc(recruiting so i've heard weren't too bad last year)
Cardross(hopeless)

Finals are a different story i think that anyone of the top 4 can win on their day. Looking forward to sinking some piss and watching some competitive footy for a change, bring it on

Well KING fair story on what you might think may happen. Maybe drank to much piss on the hill in the past and struggling to see out of those beer googles. :D

Meringur with the dollars they are offering its a wonder they have not recruited more players.

Werrimull have signed Mark Duscher as coach and Simo as assistant. Along with the recruits you have mentioned they will be strong as Meringur if not more so. Stuart Mench/Leader/Changa Tarrant just to name a few are also right to go for Werrimull.

Bambill will be strong along with Euston but i think you might see the fall from grace from Gol Gol!!:eek: Players getting older and recruits not as readily available as other years but i suppose you can never right them off as they have the experience.

The rest of the clubs like Nangiloc & Cardross are looking at a long year if they cant recruit like the others. Ladder will look something like this after last round:

EUSTON (Will take some stopping)
BAMBILL (Will need more luck with injuries)
WERRIMULL (Plenty of recruits and some youth to go with new club rooms and ground)
MERINGUR (Picked up a few players. Paying heaps of dollars to recruits but will need more to compete.)
GOL GOL (List getting older living in glory days)
CARDROSS (Who cares)
NANGILOC (Will try hard but no players)

Euston won it last year as they were hard at it and quick. Clubs need to recruit pace and youth to keep up with the ladder leaders.

I think you will find it will be one of the strongest years in MFL hope it will be more interesting than others.:thumbsu:

Mark Duscher, Damien Spicer and Paul Jenkins wont leave Merbein!! Now the pies have $50k they will offer the boys a bit more money and with Lee Riordan as coach they will stay!! Anyway ive herd Jenkins being linked to many SFL, MFL clubs...

Mark Duscher, Damien Spicer and Paul Jenkins wont leave Merbein!! Now the pies have $50k they will offer the boys a bit more money and with Lee Riordan as coach they will stay!! Anyway ive herd Jenkins being linked to many SFL, MFL clubs...

Rik22 another with sight problems. Mark Duscher/Simo/Jenkins/Brad Duscher & Jamie Keenan have SIGNED with Werrimull on paper with a pen as of last week.:thumbsu: Mark is COACH & Simo is ASS COACH. Do you want it any clearer?? :confused:

Money Money Money, the root of all evil and not the only reason people play footy. Was told by numerous people that Merbein was easily the worst club they have ever played for and last year was worst by any year. That is the main reason why these players and many more will not play at the club next year.:eek:

Rik22 another with sight problems. Mark Duscher/Simo/Jenkins/Brad Duscher & Jamie Keenan have SIGNED with Werrimull on paper with a pen as of last week.:thumbsu: Mark is COACH & Simo is ASS COACH. Do you want it any clearer?? :confused:

Money Money Money, the root of all evil and not the only reason people play footy. Was told by numerous people that Merbein was easily the worst club they have ever played for and last year was worst by any year. That is the main reason why these players and many more will not play at the club next year.:eek:

yer but that all means s**t because there still under contract with merbein.. they will get rid of Brad Duscher & Jamie Keenan.. but they'll fight to keep the other's!!

Haha this is great!! I can see it now. The MFL interleague will manly be merbeins side of 08!!

I cant wait 4 the season to start!!

yer but that all means s**t because there still under contract with merbein.. they will get rid of Brad Duscher & Jamie Keenan.. but they'll fight to keep the other's!!

Keenan and Jenkins are not contracted.:eek:

Mark & Simo should be cleared as they are taking on coaching roles. :thumbsu:

Josh/Keatch & Joey are all contracted as well so will be interesting to see how they go with their signings at Meringur.

At the end of the day if a player does not want to play with a club they should be let go as not good for the individual or the team!!;)

Haha this is great!! I can see it now. The MFL interleague will manly be merbeins side of 08!!

I cant wait 4 the season to start!!

Not a bad side either i would say an would look something like this:

B.Kelly P.Goulay M.Fraser

P.Jenkins C.Keatch C.Longeri

B.Duscher D.Spicer E.Yates

J.Farley J.Keenan A.Thomson

J.Longeri M.Duscher J.Wright

Please feel free to change around and add.:thumbsu:

Josh/Keatch & Joey are all contracted as well so will be interesting to see how they go with their signings at Meringur.

At the end of the day if a player does not want to play with a club they should be let go as not good for the individual or the team!!;)
Wrong wrong

too true:thumbsu::thumbsu:

josh/keatch not contracted with merbein so should be cleared, Wright has signed as assistant coach :D. A few more big name's heading out there too **"WATCH THIS SPACE"** :eek:

My ladder

Euston
can see much changing.

Gol Gol
Always doing just enough to keep up there with the cash

Meringur
may just sneek up on afew

Cardross
very good last year for a club without big $ name players
afew handy inclusions may see them push the highly priced sides.

BamBil$
big sliders, only way is down from here.

Nangiloc
Who? Where?

(edit)
I forgot Werrimull
dead last

So my final 4 is
Euston
Gol Gol
Cardross
Meringur

EASY money! wish they'd all look after their club! Go Merbein, hope they win a few flag's now these tossa's have gone! go the PIES!!!!!!:thumbsu:

Its not for the "easy money" ****head if it was for that i would of left years ago mate!! We just need a change, a little success and try get some enjoyment back out of footy and its like TOSSA'S like you at the club that i dont wanna be around. Anyway ive left more blood, sweat and tears on kenny park than anyone else out of that side, look after there club you say, ive looked after Merbein all my life!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back