News & Events Missing Titanic tourist submarine

Remove this Banner Ad

354577559_10227189396353507_3604529648696522775_n.jpg

Well said. Why do they have to wait for something to go wrong in order to fix it, as well? Makes me think of the Boeing 747 MAX cover ups. They knew something was wrong with the plane and yet they allowed airlines to continue using them.

I can't help but notice how many times the CEO's response to safety concerns was, "there hasn't been a sub accident in 35 years". Not, "ours is safe", just "it hasn't happened in a while".

I can't help but notice how many times the CEO's response to safety concerns was, "there hasn't been a sub accident in 35 years". Not, "ours is safe", just "it hasn't happened in a while".
“Who ever drowns mate? Lol, nah she’ll be right, ignore the game controller and duct tape, it’s fine”

“Who ever drowns mate? Lol, nah she’ll be right, ignore the game controller and duct tape, it’s fine”

Ironically it seems the game controller was the only part they actually had a redundancy for, he said in an interview they carried multiples.

Meanwhile hull failure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A friend of his made a good point about the 77yo expert:

Lahey, who has been involved in the design, engineering, manufacture and testing of undersea vehicles — including 60 human-rated submersibles — was a close friend of Paul-Henri Nargeolet, 77, the French explorer and Titanic expert, known as PH, who was among those killed.
“It’s a terribly sad thing that his life ended that way but PH knew the risks. I told him in very candid terms why he shouldn’t be out there. He understood. I believe PH thought in some way that by being out there he could help these guys avoid a tragedy but instead he ended up in the middle of one,” Lahey said. “I told PH that going out there in some way sanctioned this operation. I said: ‘You’re becoming an ambassador for this thing; people look at you and your record and the life you lead and things you’ve done, which are extraordinary, and in some ways you are legitimising what [OceanGate] are doing.”

A friend of his made a good point about the 77yo expert:
This is so true, and sad. I bet Rush felt smug when PH signed up (wonder who approached whom?). Look, Titanic expert onboard, how awesome is OceanGate! Ugh. Shits me really. And it's true PH should have known better. Rush is as good as a con man.

This is so true, and sad. I bet Rush felt smug when PH signed up (wonder who approached whom?). Look, Titanic expert onboard, how awesome is OceanGate! Ugh. Shits me really. And it's true PH should have known better. Rush is as good as a con man.

I found it strange that a Titanic expert like him that had gone on so many deep sea expeditions would have signed up for such a dodgy sub as this one.

You could understand it with novices that may not have been aware of the risks involved in something like this but he surely should have known better.

Has anyone come across how electronic feeds electronic lines are fed through the hull to outside equipment such as thrusters/cameras?

I saw something on reddit about it, they basically have to cut a hole and then reinforce it, but not too reinforced or it creates an issue due to being stiffer than the surrounding material, which means it deforms at different rates which causes other issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back