Retired Mitch Robinson (2014-2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Id suspect this guy has won alot of people over on here. And if not then people need to wake up. Havent seen him give any less then 100% since he has been able to get going properly. Plays injured and bleeds for his mates. Not the most talented or footy smart but he makes that up in effort ten fold. I am super glad we have him here and hope he goes on to play 100 games for the club.

Should poll very well in the best and fairest. Should go close to top 5.
Says abit about the team aswell but his effort is second to none. Quickly become one of my favorites. Just wish he smacked steven may when he knocked out rockliff.

Says abit about the team aswell but his effort is second to none. Quickly become one of my favorites. Just wish he smacked steven may when he knocked out rockliff.
Disagree. Mitch Robinson has played some very good football for the Lions and has always given 110%. You have to remember that the best and fairest is decided by the coaches and therefore the players who play their role and stick to team structures are going to poll better then those who perhaps do some flashy things and are noticed by the fans but aren't necessarily following coaches instructions. It is for this reason that a player like Mitch is likely to poll well regardless of how well the team is playing. If the team was in the top 4 and all of our players were consistently playing to their best ability I think Mitch would still do quite well in the BnF :)

Im not doubting his season. As ive said in this thread before.
Id suspect this guy has won alot of people over on here. And if not then people need to wake up. Havent seen him give any less then 100% since he has been able to get going properly. Plays injured and bleeds for his mates. Not the most talented or footy smart but he makes that up in effort ten fold. I am super glad we have him here and hope he goes on to play 100 games for the club.
As in the quote above and a few others im sure.

Had rockliff hanley played full seasons and zorko redden and rich played to there ability they would be far ahead. A positive for the club however if we can get all these guys on the park would be great.

But yes will poll well this year.

It will be all business, says Robinson

"It's my old club so it's always going to hold a bit of passion there," Robinson said.

"There's no dancing around it, we've got two wins this year and one against my old team.

"We've got plenty to play for this year in terms of pride and getting something out of 2015, so hopefully it'll be a good game.

"We've got to come out and play to our structures and do the team things and hopefully it gets us across the line."

Yet another fantastic game from Robbo.

He must now be half a chance to win our Best and Fairest this year. At the moment I would have him in 3rd spot, but he is coming home with a rush.

Yet another fantastic game from Robbo.

He must now be half a chance to win our Best and Fairest this year. At the moment I would have him in 3rd spot, but he is coming home with a rush.
If he can maintain the form he has been in for the final 3 games a top 3 finish is a certainty and I wouldn't be surprised if he won. I think all 3 of our new recruits will finish top 6:thumbsu:

Proud of Robinson, been fantastic this year and has tried week in, week out. You can tell that he loves the club. Thanks to the club for taking the punt and picking him up and thanks to Robbo himself for not putting a foot wrong since coming to the club.

Absolutely love this guy. Ive been saying it for a while now and he just keeps getting better. Talking about flying the flag. Hard work and non stop determination. Give this guy the brownlow.

The diamond in the Robinson rough

Brisbane weren't seeking out Mitch Robinson last season but he fell into their laps after being delisted by Carlton.

With the former Blue at a crossroads, it seemed a dicey decision for Brisbane externally and at best, an intriguing recruitment with possibility, good or bad.

First playing a defensive forward role and then being pushed into the midfield, Robinson has thrived averaging 19.2 disposals and 5.9 tackles a game in a dismal season for the Lions, where defensive pressure has been hard to come by.

That Robinson has emerged as one of the more mature heads at the Gabba has surprised even coach Justin Leppitsch, who puts Robinson's change down to becoming a father and garnering more responsibility in life.

1439639165331.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Robinson determined to become a leader at the Brisbane Lions

LIFE has changed for Brisbane enforcer Mitch Robinson.

There was a time when the ex-Carlton wild child might be getting home from the nightclubs at sunrise after a big win.

But the Lions midfielder was weeding the garden at his family home at 6am on Sunday just hours after inspiring Brisbane to a 64-point win over his old side at the Gabba.

Delisted by the Blues at the end of 2014 after a tumultuous tenure at Princes Park, Robinson was lauded by Lions coach Justin Leppitsch after his best-on-ground performance for being a fine role model since arriving at the club.

Robinson has been undertaking a “visualisation program” to help him focus on key aspects of his football and it is paying dividends.

“I’ve got my time in the midfield and I’m taking my opportunity,’’ he said.

“I feel like I’ve always had the leadership ability inside me. Brisbane have given me a second chance and I am knuckling down.

“But I don’t feel like I’ll repay the Lions until we start playing finals.

“It’s a young team here. The average age is 22. I’m trying to instil what I’ve learned in the past.

“That (setting the tone) is kind of my game. That’s why I’m up here.

“It’s been a tough 11 weeks (since Brisbane’s last win). We’ve been in games but we need to learn how to win. We’ve definitely got the talent and the work ethic in this great young group.’’

One of the feel-good stories in a year where there haven't been too many. Robbo is not going to be an elite player but he could become a champion club man and someone who helps define a culture for us. It is difficult not to like his attitude. You would always want players like him on the field with you. Through sheer good fortune, we might just have got a guy here that will be one of those loyal, loved players that are always remembered fondly by the supporters.

His ability to get a quick kick out of congestion is fantastic. I dong think I have seen anyone get a quick kick like that.

I am really happy he is in a good place. I felt he deserves another chance. Moving into the midfield has made a huge difference.

He's no oil painting and his skills let him down from time to time.

But you've got to love his attitude and commitment to the cause.

Without question, he's a smart enough man to understand that he owes us for the chance we've given him and by God he's going to repay us to the best of his ability.

An admirable trait indeed:hearts::thumbsu:

Season review: Brisbane Lions

Surprise packet
Mitch Robinson. Given a second chance after being dumped by the Blues, Robinson has repaid the Lions in spades – and not just for his terrific play on-field. The 26-year-old played half-forward and midfield and led the way with his fearless attack, but it was his maturity off-field that turned just as many heads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back