Retired Mitch Robinson (2014-2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

No. 5. :)

Untitledmr_zpsa9d33882.png

Welcome Mitch. I am actually pretty happy with this signing.

. didn't cost us much
. has a clause in his contract (so, i've been told)
. Hard at it

Could he be used as a tagger for us?

Lions hope to tame aggro Robbo

FIRST came the silky on-ball stars, then the midfield wrecking ball. Brisbane capped its wildly successful off-season by signing Mitch Robinson, adamant it can “harness” his aggression next year. But the Lions believe his rugged aggression gives them a different look, only weeks after recruiting Geelong’s Allen Christensen and Collingwood’s Dayne Beams.

At his best he is a crazy-brave midfielder who scares rivals but too often this year he was sidelined after letting his aggression get the better of him. Robinson conducted anger management courses after Carlton withdrew a contract offer for him when he fractured his eye socket in an late-night incident in August. Lions talent manager Peter Schwab said the Lions believed Robinson could find the right line between aggression and suspension next year after signing a two-year deal. “He is only 25 and we think he’s a really good pick-up for our list. He only played 12 games last year so he was on the sidelines with suspension too much last year but he knows that,’’ he said. “He can play forward as well so that is an option we might try next year. He is one of the guys who always attacks the footy one hundred per cent. “We are confident that if he can harness that aggression and get a good pre-season under his belt, he can have an impact on our side.”

251518-fbe7ee10-6324-11e4-bdd3-73a977145716.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pressure on the ball carrier that Mitch provides will be a very handy addition to our forward line and midfield. You can see from the video above why coaches value his contribution to the team. He puts his body on the line to win the contest time and time again and his pressure is ferocious:thumbsu: I can not wait to see him working in tandem with Zorko and Green. Watching them make it difficult for the opposition defenders to clear the ball out will be a joy to watch.

Last edited:

The pressure on the ball carrier that Mitch proves will be a very handy addition to our forward line and midfield. You can see from the video above why coaches value his contribution to the team. He puts his body on the line to win the contest time and time again and his pressure is ferocious:thumbsu: I can not wait to see him working in tandem with Zorko and Green. Watching them make it difficult for the opposition defenders to clear the ball out will be a joy to watch.

I look forward to him working with Rockliffe. Similar mindsets.

There's no doubting how hard this bloke plays footy. Can't wait to see him pull on the jumper round 1. He has an aggression towards the footy we haven't had for a while.

The pressure on the ball carrier that Mitch provides will be a very handy addition to our forward line and midfield. You can see from the video above why coaches value his contribution to the team. He puts his body on the line to win the contest time and time again and his pressure is ferocious:thumbsu: I can not wait to see him working in tandem with Zorko and Green. Watching them make it difficult for the opposition defenders to clear the ball out will be a joy to watch.

Could be very handy as a sweeper across halfback as well. Has the guts to fill the gap in front of a leading forward get hit and get up and do it again.

Mitch Robinson to keep his cool and guide young Lions in new role with Brisbane

IN HIS six seasons of AFL football, Mitch Robinson has earnt a reputation for his toughness.

And Brisbane Lions coach Justin Leppitsch believes that trait has already rubbed off on his young list.

Robinson joined the Lions after playing 100 games with Carlton. And after being delisted by Carlton at the end of last season he has been one of the team’s best performers on the track during the preseason.

482883-68570d7c-aaad-11e4-b4a3-9d4f296075c1.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back