Past Mitch Robinson

Remove this Banner Ad

Robinson 'all good' after big knock
'But he's actually pulled up remarkably well. He saw the doc again this morning and the doc said he'd pulled up really well. Given the length of time before our next game it will be great for Mitch's recovery. Even with a seven-day break we're pretty confident he'd be able to play. But given that it's a 10-day break we certainly feel very confident that he'll be able to. We'll monitor him, though, because concussion can come on a couple of days after as well. So, really, we need to let him settle for a few days and then start testing him again. There will be a test mid-week and then another one later in the week to make sure that he hasn't gone backwards."
Robinson 'all good' after big knock

Shame he was knocked out with the way he was playing. Didn't blaze away after he held onto the ball and spotted Judd. His detractors will ignore what he brings to our 22.

Mitch Robinson
Surrounded by class, this bloke is all blue-collar whose importance in the middle is overlooked. Had 29 touches, of which 20 were contested and was third in clearances and second in inside 50s. Can kick it like a broken-down giraffe, but the game as it is with intense pressure around the ball, Robinson is often in the situation to just get forward. Will chase stats on how many times he's in the centre square for bounces, because they are a better team when he's there. He might not always get it, but he'll die stopping the opposition getting it out.
Mitch Robinson

BOdl0K6CEAI8rqp.jpg:large

Having flashbacks to Mickey in Natural Born Killers.

HAHAHAHA so it does, I love you Carlton FC :D

As for Robbo, what a game he had, besides the obvious.

Besides his lack of polish or disposal efficiency or whatever, he has games sometimes that just about approach elite, where he's more than just a bash brother, such is his impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch has signed a two year deal with Blues and stated he wants to be a one club player.

Gotta love 'im!

Wonder if he still thinks this way.
So many aspects of his game you have to admire, but he just lets himself down with his poor kicking.

The secret footballer: The players the fans love to hate, but who would be first picked by their peers
Mitch Robinson runs around like a headless chook and must be the bane of the Carlton coaching staff. How to rein in a loose cannon like that?

No! Wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong. You could not be further from the truth. They might be your thoughts, as fans in the outer, but not to us, the guys who get to play with and against them each week. Those seven players I've mentioned are actually hugely admired by their peers.

Robinson's brain fades have at times been enough to make my teammates laugh out loud on the field. But do we admire his determination, his manic intensity? Absolutely we do. Sure, it might be misdirected at times, but you've just got to love his passion and will to win.
The secret footballer: The players the fans love to hate, but who would be first picked by their peers

Officially delisted.

Stepped out of line one too many times and has paid the ultimate price.

Thanks to Robbo for his services. He's an idiot but he was our idiot and he can leave the club proud he represented the Navy Blues over 100 times and that he'll forever have his name on a locker.

Will certainly be picked up by another club and I hope the penny finally drops for him when he does.

Carlton list changes

The Carlton Football Club has finalised changes to its playing list ahead of next month’s NAB AFL National Draft. Mitch Robinson, Brock McLean and Kane Lucas will not be offered contracts beyond 2014.

Carlton list changes

I would like to thank the Carlton Football Club for giving me the opportunity to live my dream playing AFL. It has been great to reach 100 games over 6 years, full of ups and downs over the course but will cherish the moments forever.

Thanks to all the CFC faithful & members who've supported me over the journey. Very excited to give my family and I a fresh start in 2015.

Robbo

From Robbo's Facebook page and Instagram

Gonna miss your manic attack on the ball mate! Best of luck for the future, and hopefully Chance turns out to be a gun!

Surely must have done more than what we heard? Heard one or two things over the years but they were never really that bad, just your typical drunken s**t.

Feel sad as I always thought he would turn into a gun. Disappointed as he never really could make his game more polished and then he just threw it all away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back